[FM18] E22 - England to Level 22

6 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

I'm trying to go that way although I've abandoned a youth academy challenge. I'm mainly focusing on local teenagers.

Im deciding what to do. I would love to do a youth only save. They look loads of fun. Not sure i will see it through to the end. Ive been trying to decide for a few days now. Takes me a long long time to pick a save

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, wicksyFM said:

Im deciding what to do. I would love to do a youth only save. They look loads of fun. Not sure i will see it through to the end. Ive been trying to decide for a few days now. Takes me a long long time to pick a save

Well I'm enjoying it a lot. The quality of the football is hilariously awful  :lol:

Doing a Youth save is quite easy; one thing I'm increasingly noticing is that my one semi-blind scout keeps unearthing unfeasibly good talent who are happy to drop down to unpaid muddy field level. Admittedly most don't hang around long, but it does make squad-building too easy. I'm thus restricting myself to teenagers in or within commuting distance from Sussex to make it trickier.

No offense to the mighty fairwarp but I have decided to wipe the out with my hometown team in Ireland Knockderk United I’ve placed the stadium right beside Newcastle United’s St James Park love the mags n love the English leagues I wonder how it will go long term as av put the potential capacity to 50000 in case we ever reach the premier league n Europe I’m kind of blind sided here as my team based in my second home of Newcastle will have to travel all the way down to mid Sussex every second week I do did it with the fantastic help from Bood FM on YouTube trough the editor I hope this works out n we keep going up via mid Sussex will keep ye all informed n to Dan thank you so much for this what a challenge.

1 minute ago, Pa FM said:

No offense to the mighty fairwarp but I have decided to wipe the out with my hometown team in Ireland Knockderk United I’ve placed the stadium right beside Newcastle United’s St James Park love the mags n love the English leagues I wonder how it will go long term as av put the potential capacity to 50000 in case we ever reach the premier league n Europe I’m kind of blind sided here as my team based in my second home of Newcastle will have to travel all the way down to mid Sussex every second week I do did it with the fantastic help from Bood FM on YouTube trough the editor I hope this works out n we keep going up via mid Sussex will keep ye all informed n to Dan thank you so much for this what a challenge.

I tried doing something like that in my last few saves, but the location screws up what leagues you go into when promoted. The easier thing to do is just use the editor to change Fairwarp to Knockderk Utd, change the kits etc, call the stadium by KU's stadium name but keep the location in Mid Sussex.

2 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

I tried doing something like that in my last few saves, but the location screws up what leagues you go into when promoted. The easier thing to do is just use the editor to change Fairwarp to Knockderk Utd, change the kits etc, call the stadium by KU's stadium name but keep the location in Mid Sussex.

Cheers mate that’s top advice n wat I was hoping for easily changed ain’t getting goin until tonight thank you so much

2 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Mid Sussex League Division 8 won & 3 out of 4 cups won.

Capture.thumb.JPG.db4d8eda842e7b8c19bdc078629e9348.JPG

Nice. I should have that title sewn up by the time the FA Cup final rolls around, but I'm out of one cup already. Lost all my senior players and am transitioning bedding in a load of kids.

Lads I’ve created my club via the editor overwriting fairwarp but the leagues won’t load up have I to verify the club if so how.Dans database is loading as normal but when I try my one the leagues won’t load up thanks lads.

4 minutes ago, Pa FM said:

Lads I’ve created my club via the editor overwriting fairwarp but the leagues won’t load up have I to verify the club if so how.Dans database is loading as normal but when I try my one the leagues won’t load up thanks lads.

You just go the the rules menu in the editor and click the verify bit - it will have to be all 22 levels which will take an hour or so. Then save it and you're good to go.

Should look like this:

Untitled.jpg

36 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

You just go the the rules menu in the editor and click the verify bit - it will have to be all 22 levels which will take an hour or so. Then save it and you're good to go.

Cheers mate so far so good 6 levels verified not really expecting an issue until d last level fingers crossed will keep u posted

All working mate thank you so much sound advice all bar 1 thing must av clicked something I shouldn’t cos we can only sign players under 20 should be n easy fix if I have to edit something again have I to verify it again sound.

1 minute ago, Pa FM said:

All working mate thank you so much sound advice all bar 1 thing must av clicked something I shouldn’t cos we can only sign players under 20 should be n easy fix if I have to edit something again have I to verify it again sound.

Yeh, when I forgot to add one manager update I had to verify the whole damn thing again. Wish I had your "bug" actually - I'm imposing that restriction on myself because too many good players pimp themselves out to Fairwarp, making it too easy to dominate. In my second season I've kicked out everyone over 23 and am only signing up teenagers. Still too easy though.

It’s my first attempt at any editor lad fairly pleased at how it turned out I even gave my club a training ground which d under 23s n 18s play in with a capacity of only 500 the main first team stadium still only have the 1000 capacity but I’ve allowed for expansion to 50000 one day once we reach d premier league n Europe hopefully anyway I want to grow d club but I will remove d bug as I will need some experience in higher divisions thanks.

I'm absolutely loving the game even more now with this database, but my god I forgot how hard it is.  Started unemployed, no badges, sunday league footballer.  So far managed Prudhoe Youth Club, Gateshead Redheugh 1957 (used to live next to the ground few years back so just had to try it lol), Killingworth and Gosforth.  Sacked from every single job lol.  But the most important thing is I genuinely don't mind, as the game is so much more enjoyable now with this database-it's a real challenge.

Fantastic work on this and a huge thanks!

Second season done and dusted. Identical to Lionel Messi on the last page. Lot of draws in the last few league games because as soon as promotion was guaranteed I blooded the youngsters. I think even if I lose a few players to paying customers, I will still have a solid core to dominate the third season. I think that's the secret at this level - accept your best players will move on and have a plan in place.

Fairwarp_L21_end_of_season_18-19.jpg

Hi guys.. I have a problem, every second season the season does not pass.

What is mean: first season i take the league

Second season i play only the cup and after the season over the team moving to the next league

Plz help.me

7 minutes ago, Yahav said:

Hi guys.. I have a problem, every second season the season does not pass.

What is mean: first season i take the league

Second season i play only the cup and after the season over the team moving to the next league

Plz help.me

Are you playing the latest updated file?

32 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Are you playing the latest updated file?

This. If you read back through the thread, people were having this issue with earlier versions, but in the latest ones there are no problems. Maybe get up to dater and start again?

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

This. If you read back through the thread, people were having this issue with earlier versions, but in the latest ones there are no problems. Maybe get up to dater and start again?

So which version to play?

11 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

The one linked in the first post of

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

This. If you read back through the

2 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Are you playing the latest updated 

Yes.. 18.3.3

Hi,

Is this database based on fantasy sides or real life ones? only reason is I noticed a side called Prudhoe youth at level 13, well Prudhoe youth don't exist, the team in Prudhoe is Prudhoe Town who play in the Wearside league. Also although I know it would maybe be impossible or take a long time to achieve it would be great if someone on the forum could make a logo pack with all the club badges for these teams and in a dream world the kits although I know trying to get pics of the kits would be hard to do unless you go and watch some of the clubs.

Also do you have to create the clubs in the editor from scratch and give them a unique id or simply by unlocking the levels somehow in the editor does this open up all these sides.

Kind Regards

56 minutes ago, Chewy2006 said:

Hi,

Is this database based on fantasy sides or real life ones? only reason is I noticed a side called Prudhoe youth at level 13, well Prudhoe youth don't exist, the team in Prudhoe is Prudhoe Town who play in the Wearside league. Also although I know it would maybe be impossible or take a long time to achieve it would be great if someone on the forum could make a logo pack with all the club badges for these teams and in a dream world the kits although I know trying to get pics of the kits would be hard to do unless you go and watch some of the clubs.

Also do you have to create the clubs in the editor from scratch and give them a unique id or simply by unlocking the levels somehow in the editor does this open up all these sides.

Kind Regards

The database is based upon real life with no fantasy teams at all

And Prudhoe Youth Club do in fact exist and finished runners up to Blyth Spartans reserves in the Northern Football Alliance division 2 :brock:

http://www.prudhoeycfc.com/club/310241/LeagueTable

I've coasted the Fifth Division and am in all 3 cup finals. Should finish and post a screenie either just before the Champers Final or maybe tomorrow.

What's happened here is for all my nabbing freebies and releasing them soon after, I've got a core of 12 players who've been here since day one. After 3 years I guess they love me and the club and aren't interested in going anywhere unless a wage is involved. This season their familiarity has resulted in a lot of nice passing play and a real sense of teamwork. It's now a very young squad with the senior player all of 23, so there are no tutors or leaders as such but I still think we've got the quality to overwhelm the next 4 or 5 divisions as long as the core stick with me.

Hang on, this isn't right. I've just secured promotion to Level 19 and my chairman is asking me if we should turn professional!

I said I'd rather invest the money in training facilities and I got cold-shouldered. Anyone else had that? I'm steadily making a profit with no salaries to pay and I don't want to spoil that. 

I already felt the board are ridiculously generous with backroom staffing - I have ten staff involved in training in all, and I've just been allocated 3 more U23 coach positions. That's not including staff for my empty U18 squad (all my kids stay in the U23 squad). Guess I'll take 'em and have 3 goalkeeping coaches, but it is very silly.

2 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Hang on, this isn't right. I've just secured promotion to Level 19 and my chairman is asking me if we should turn professional!

I said I'd rather invest the money in training facilities and I got cold-shouldered. Anyone else had that? I'm steadily making a profit with no salaries to pay and I don't want to spoil that. 

I already felt the board are ridiculously generous with backroom staffing - I have ten staff involved in training in all, and I've just been allocated 3 more U23 coach positions. That's not including staff for my empty U18 squad (all my kids stay in the U23 squad). Guess I'll take 'em and have 3 goalkeeping coaches, but it is very silly.

Not had that yet, im just about to get promoted to level 19 so I will find out soon enough, I have got a lot of backroom staff too.

Right, that's 13 coaches, or one to every two players. Irony is that my squad had the lowest group Determination in the league last season and there are no tutors to help improve that, so all this manpower is for nothing!

At least i'm not paying them anything. Which is making me think, going professional doesn't necessarily mean I have to give contracts out - or would staff and players suddenly demand that? What would have been the pros and cons of going professional at this level, in case I'm given the choice again?

I see you also have Thomas Day. Is Ashikodi still with you? He was always off on Caribbean holidays (sorry, 'international duty') for me then buggered off after a few weeks. I wonder how many other players we have in common. I think half my squad are now regens actually.

12 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

I see you also have Thomas Day. Is Ashikodi still with you? He was always off on Caribbean holidays (sorry, 'international duty') for me then buggered off after a few weeks. I wonder how many other players we have in common. I think half my squad are now regens actually.

No I don't still have moses ashikodi, he is 32 now and has gone to another team.

Community Checkatrade     Brian Hall Mid Sussex Tester Parsons Malins
Season Division Place P W D L F A G.D. PTS FA Cup Carabao Cup Shield Trophy FA Trophy FA Vase Challenge Cup Junior Cup Challenge Cup Challenge Cup Challenge Cup
2017-18 Mid Sussex League Division 9 1st 18 16 2 0 77 13 64 50             Winners Winners Winners    
2018-19 Mid Sussex League Division 8 1st 18 17 1 0 58 15 43 52             Winners 3 Winners Winners  
2019-20 Mid Sussex League Division 7 1st 18 16 2 0 80 18 62 50               Winners   Winners Winners

On 24/05/2018 at 03:10, Chewy2006 said:

Also although I know it would maybe be impossible or take a long time to achieve it would be great if someone on the forum could make a logo pack with all the club badges for these teams and in a dream world the kits although I know trying to get pics of the kits would be hard to do unless you go and watch some of the clubs.

Indeed, nearly impossible to get all club logos and kits. I doubt "someone" would do this. 

What I do, and maybe as a suggestion you could do the same, is get the logo for the club I'm managing and create a kit based on the team's colours. Add them to the unique ID of the club and place them in the right folders and you should have them for your club in the game. With a little bit of photoshop skills, you can get some decent results. There are even a few kit designer software packages out there you can use. 

If you have no idea about anything I have mentioned above, might be best to search for a guideline on how to do it. There should be one or two online somewhere. 

Hmmm,

I'm having the problem with the second season also. I'm using the latest updates and everything aswell...

What a pain, I've just spanked the last two divisons with re-gens! :'{ lol

17 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Right, that's 13 coaches, or one to every two players. Irony is that my squad had the lowest group Determination in the league last season and there are no tutors to help improve that, so all this manpower is for nothing!

At least i'm not paying them anything. Which is making me think, going professional doesn't necessarily mean I have to give contracts out - or would staff and players suddenly demand that? What would have been the pros and cons of going professional at this level, in case I'm given the choice again?

Damn, having politely declined the offer to turn professional, the chairman's only gone and done it anyway. Now I have to offer cashy contracts. I've being given an extra allocation for coaching staff despite the fact that I have a coach for every category and i doubt i'll find any upgrades. It's all such a waste!

In fact, hang on - due to minimum wage rules, the club will have to find 300,000 GBP per year to maintain my squad who were happy playing for free. Plus the outsized backroom staff. Even I've been forced to accept a wage that's more than i make in real life. Uh oh .....

Archived