Some Research on Hidden Ratings - Quantifying the Scouting Report

Did some research on hidden ratings in FM17 ... I didn't want to 'ruin' my save, so some of this is limited. But I tried to at least get some idea around what the scouting reports mean in terms of ratings. I looked at scouted players who I won't sign, tried to avoid paying attention to the names, etc. Guys I had 100% knowledge on, then looked to see how the ratings match up with the scouting report. For some where all of my players get a note I looked at enough players to get an idea of the range based on the scouting notes.

I guess you could say there are some spoilers below, but all it really gives is what the scouting report ranges mean in terms of rating ranges. I don't think there is anything wrong with knowing that impact.

Versatility - has nothing to do with the versatility rating. Guys who play one position only can have a 15 rating, but the report says can only play one position. Guys who play 4 positions have a 5 rating and the report says, "can play multiple positions". The scouting report describes what you can already see for this one.

Important matches - For young players, it doesn't matter if it's 17 or 3, you don't see it in the report. It looks like it starts to appear once a player is 22 years old. Once it appears, it looks like relishes big matches is anything 15+, Enjoys is 12-14, nothing noted for 10-11, Doesn't enjoy (yellow note) for 7-9. Doesn't feel comfortable (orange note) for 5-6. I don't have a single 22+ year old scouted at 100% at 7 (EDIT, I scouted a 7 and the report came back quickly, 7 is yellow) or anything below 5, so I'm not sure of exactly where it turns to the red note.

Injury Proneness - 12-14 is the yellow 'fairly susceptible note', 17 is the 'might have problems' orange note. 18+ is the red 'could have real problems note'. I would assume the might have problems range is 15-17, but cannot confirm. All no note means is that he is 1-11.

Pressure - this doesn't show up in the scouting report at all. Players with a 2 and players with a 19 didn't have any sign of it in their scouting reports. Perhaps if you watched matches and saw how he's reacting (appears nervous, etc.) you might see that. Media handling of 'unflappable' or 'Evasive' appears to mean 15-20 for pressure.

Professionalism - I have a highly professional squad ... so this may only apply to such squads (but is probably applicable to ratings for whatever your squad's personality is). For this I did look at some of my own players, just to get the range - 18+ shows as 'fits in well' with the squad in the scouting report for professionalism. 13-17 shows as 'similar mold'. 12 is the yellow needs to do some adapting note, 11 is the orange note and 1-10 gets the red note.

Consistency - Consistent 15+, fairly consistent 12-14, no note is 9-11, 7-8 is the yellow 'needs to work at becoming more consistent' note. 5-6 is the orange 'must become more consistent' note. I do not have any players with the red note, so this cutoff could be anywhere from 1-4.

Dirtiness - 19 is the red note, 15-17 is the orange can sometimes lead to him bending the rules. 12-14 is the occasionally bends the rules. Players with no note can be 1-11.

Hope that helps you out some.

• 2 weeks later...

Very useful this. Will be interesting to review with FM18. I'd love to get a more accurate picture of signings and youth without getting irate after a few months of FM and acquiring the editor.

Archived