The 8th Annual FMCU Awards - Awards Night

deltablue

Just now, deltablue said:

I've only just realized I forgot one, missing out on "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again", which was a narrow second. This is great start. I blame the speech marks so I didn't pick it up when looking at them to list in alphabetical order.

Jesus @deltablue

I don't want to be a dick but this would never happen if Patrick Stewart was your co-host...

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BoxToBox said:

Good winner there, not only a great thread, but a lot to learn from too.

Couldn't agree more. Tough competition, lots of great threads there.

I'm afraid that Shetland will be this year's DiCaprio.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, deltablue said:

I've only just realized I forgot one, missing out on "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again", which was a narrow second. This is great start. I blame the speech marks so I didn't pick it up when looking at them to list in alphabetical order.

That surprises me. I guess people really don't like Dinamo :D 

Full results

Football, fire and Ice: 6

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again”: 5

San Giovanni - Tearing Down The Establishment: 4

Shield Wall - A Spartan Youth Challenge in Romania: 3

Every country, are you nuts?: 2

Yer oot yer face if yer think Shetland plays fitba!: 2

Giza/Hoyvík..... Wait, this isn't Egypt......: 1

Kafra FC 2.0 - Le Kafra-eak, C'est Chique! (All Youth in England): 1

(No idea what's up with the formatting)

Hans Kaiser chances a quick glance at his phone. It's 6:30 PM and the first award has just been handed out. He turns back to the stage. Sweat is dripping down his bare, gloriously bald head.  This is his moment, he'd waited so long to enact the spell of baldness upon the world, and now that it was finally reverberating through the masses he could only feel he deserved to recognized for it. But the pressure isn't one-sided. Across the auditorium, he sees a horrific sight... Carlo Ancelotti chatting it up with David Moyes. The two pillars of evil were united as one, and his heart begins racing as they both simultaneously move their sinister, searing eyes in his direction. And then the eyebrows go up...

Image result for ancelotti eyebrow gifImage result for ancelotti eyebrow gif

And suddenly his view changes. His conscience leaves his body and manifests into another. He's riding a tricycle through a dingy hotel in the mountains, he turns the corner, and is presented with this...
Image result for shining twins

Kaiser, in the body of a small boy, starts running, running for his life, away from the horrific image that's now seared into him. 

He snaps back into reality, on the floor and with an intense throbbing in his head. He groans and gets back up, now noticing that the entire auditorium is staring at him, expressions aghast, jaws on the floor. He had just run straight into the front of the stage. Ancelotti's face was turning blue as a result of unprecedentedly violent laughter, but little did he know that it would only further solidify Kaiser's legend years on.

The second set of nominees are about to be announced. Get on with it!

Heck yeah, it's awards night! Good luck to everyone tonight, this is shaping up to be one of the best ceremonies in years!

She's finally ready, so here's my co-host. I asked for a large ham and they took me a bit too literally. It's Miss Piggy!

piggy.thumb.jpg.024464c77f7dd8f736017b28b2342596.jpg

Well hello there! You should all be so honored to have a big star like moi at your little awards ceremony

1 minute ago, ManUtd1 said:

Ironically, the Swedish Chef is sat in the back with Ludwig. They're passionately debating the current state of the indie folk music scene in Finland.

He was actually my second choice ;)

6 minutes ago, deltablue said:

She's finally ready, so here's my co-host. I asked for a large ham and they took me a bit too literally. It's Miss Piggy!

piggy.thumb.jpg.024464c77f7dd8f736017b28b2342596.jpg

Well hello there! You should all be so honored to have a big star like moi at your little awards ceremony

1xm2rl.jpg

Just now, noikeee said:

I may or may not have gotten lost trying to find the bar. Seems like you guys have moved on from that already. Can I order some drinks over here anyway? Thanks.

:onmehead:

Just follow the sound of Irish.

piggy.thumb.jpg.8400a0bdd4fc7b0418916501f3165c92.jpg

OK, now is my chance to shine. The nominees are...

A Journeyman Story, knocking Jose Mourinho off his perch (Noikeee)
African't you see what I did there? (Makoto)
Enter title in the space provided (Also Makoto)

Every Country, Are you nuts? (smp20)
If You Think You're too Small to Make a Difference, You haven't spend a night with a mosquito (Benjoe)
If you're not first, you're last (ManUtd1)
The Hart Chronicles - Volume 2: Adam Hart is 'Yes Man' (PH71)

I definitely haven't missed one this time ;) The winner is... If you're not first, you're last!

PH71 did provide some close competition for a while, but this was otherwise a clear win from the start.

If you’re not first, you’re last: 9

The Hart Chronicles – Volume 2: ‘Adam Hart is Yes man’: 8

noikeee - A Journeyman Story : Knocking Jose Mourinho Off His Perch: 2
If you think you’re too small to make a difference you haven’t spent a night with a mosquito: 1

Smp20’s Every Country, are you nuts?: 1

African’t you see what I did there: 1

Enter title in the space provided: 1

Just now, deltablue said:

Michelle_Red_Carpet.thumb.jpg.0b46f2fdb268cb956af17114c128bdd2.jpg

So ManUtd1, are you happy with your win?

*orders a refill on his fishbowl-sized grapefruit martini*

Humbled.  I couldn't have done it without Emma...my rock, my inspiration, my wife's ex-lover...

Archived