Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
naxself

Failed changes listed but none returned in a search

I've made a ton of changes to the database and now I have anywhere between 23 and 58 changes appearing as failed, but I can't locate them with a search. That is, if I search with the "Number of failed changes = at least 1", nothing comes back. Does anyone know what the deal is with that?

I've isolated it to something weird happening when I try to rename stadiums I've created. I suppose I could delete all of those created stadiums and start over, but I'd really prefer not to (there are 160 of them). Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

No, it's in FM16.

I don't really know why this happening. I did a test and I renamed one of the created stadiums and that created 46 failed changes. Since this was only a cosmetic change, I don't understand what the problem is (and I've never seen this happen before).

For reference, I've created more than 1500 stadiums for this file and there are 160 created stadiums in the nation that's causing the problems. I've also just gotten rid of all of the affected nation's stadiums and that didn't fix the problems. This means one of two things: either the Editor is returning bad results (i.e., it's lying about failed changes) or the problems are in one of the other nations I've edited (though, again, the Editor doesn't indicate any failed changes at all when I search for that). This is all very vexing.

Thanks for your response!

Its common problem because you dont understand how editor write and read changes. Thats why everybody have so many failed changes when try to transfer data to next version.

I guess this is issue with default stadiums?

Upload your file and i will take a look.

I wanted to explain this issue but i never find enough motivation for it.

When you know what youre doing you can transfer your database without issues (or with limited issues).

Also changes to default database should be in separate file or you should know how to delete them from your complete file because this usually need re-do in next version.

I'm not trying to transfer anything; I'm editing in FM16 and playing in FM16. The editor file is a native FM16 file, as well.

The problem seems to be with created stadiums. But, again, I can't figure out what the real problem is because I the Editor isn't returning any results when I search for failed changes.

I dont have FM16 anymore but if you can upload your file as xml - i will take a look and i will found problem.

write name of one stadium with that issue

I just exported it as an XML file and I made two changes (stadium name and city): it still returned 46 failed changes.

I can find a way to upload the XML file, but it's 250mb. Just so you know.

I've tried a couple of different things, including simply adding a new (created) stadium instead of replacing the old (created) stadium. No matter what I do with these created stadiums, it always returns 46 failed changes. I'm getting very frustrated.

Are you sure the failed changes are not from deleted stadiums? Because that's the only reason I can think of that you wouldn't find it in a search. 

But, if these are cosmetic changes that somehow appear in the failed changes list I wonder if you really need to "fix" them?