Sports Interactive Community
RTG

Pascal Chimbonda

Just signed for local side Washington FC. Will he be on the game or is it too late?

It's a relatively small data change so I can't see why it couldn't be included, but considering they're 9th tier side, I'm not sure the database goes that far down...

I guess it's also down to when the data lock is. If it have passed then it might be in the next database update.

22 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

It's a relatively small data change so I can't see why it couldn't be included, but considering they're 9th tier side, I'm not sure the database goes that far down...

I know but you will be able to play as them when Classen does his database.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

I guess it's also down to when the data lock is. If it have passed then it might be in the next database update.

Yeah, that too, although managerial changes from later normally make it through, at least for the first patch (which is generally on full game release day)

1 hour ago, RTG said:

I know but you will be able to play as them when Classen does his database.

I'd imagine it will come down to a combination of player, club and league rep as to whether it's done in the official database. And whether he's even still active in the database as a player

Paul Merson just signed for a 4th tier Welsh side... if he is in the game I'm buying him for Arsenal.

7 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Paul Merson just signed for a 4th tier Welsh side... if he is in the game I'm buying him for Arsenal.

Replacing Ozil or Sanchez?

Just now, gunner86 said:

Replacing Ozil or Sanchez?

Both  - they'll be gone in the Jan window.

1 minute ago, westy8chimp said:

Both  - they'll be gone in the Jan window.

Maybe those rumours of Overmars returning are for a playing role

26 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

I don't think SI include signings that occur just as a publicity stunt in the game.

Edited by Walshieboy750

2 hours ago, Walshieboy750 said:

I don't think SI include signings that occur just as a publicity stunt in the game.

They put in the One Direction kid who signed for Doncaster Reserves and prompted a horde of teenage girls to attend for his debut.

1 hour ago, Spurs08 said:

They put in the One Direction kid who signed for Doncaster Reserves and prompted a horde of teenage girls to attend for his debut.

This.

Pascal played for Rovers a few years ago. One of the worst rb I have seen play for us.

10 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

He played for us against Villa in a charity match for Stan Petrov about 5 years back, remember Agbonlahor getting sent death threats after the game by 1D fans for injuring him. :D

4 hours ago, celtic_fc said:

He played for us against Villa in a charity match for Stan Petrov about 5 years back, remember Agbonlahor getting sent death threats after the game by 1D fans for injuring him. :D

Of all the people to be sending death threats, 14 year old girls must be really intimidating :D

If not in the original DB he will be in after a week or so more than likely

Would be good for Merson be included too

On 10/13/2017 at 19:06, celtic_fc said:

I remember this, pretty sure he was throwing up on the side of the pitch after the tackle as well. Kids who get so obsessed like that are a bit weird. 

Must be on the bones of his Ars* coming out of retirement at that age to play in that level of league. No other reason really.

9 hours ago, OLLMEISTER1 said:

Must be on the bones of his Ars* coming out of retirement at that age to play in that level of league. No other reason really.

Except maybe fun.

10 hours ago, OLLMEISTER1 said:

Or maybe he's doing it because he enjoys it...

13 hours ago, mack4ever said:

Or maybe he's doing it because he enjoys it...

Which one of the two would you hazard a guess at? I know where my bets are placed.

2 hours ago, OLLMEISTER1 said:

Which one of the two would you hazard a guess at? I know where my bets are placed.

I can't see Washington FC paying him a THAT big a wage....

On 10/16/2017 at 07:36, OLLMEISTER1 said:

You acknowledge the level of the league he's joined yet still come to the conclusion he must be doing it for money? :D

Considering it's the 9th tier and he has previous for playing non league football for free I'd be more surprised if he's getting a wage at all.

2 hours ago, OLLMEISTER1 said:

Well considering that Washington FC are a long way down the footballing ladder, and that the best paid players in that league (speaking as somebody who knows a number of people who play in that exact league) receive about £50 per match I would say that it's definitely him playing because he enjoys it. Personally I doubt £50 a week is going to make a big difference to his finances...

Just now, mack4ever said:

Well considering that Washington FC are a long way down the footballing ladder, and that the best paid players in that league (speaking as somebody who knows a number of people who play in that exact league) receive about £50 per match I would say that it's definitely him playing because he enjoys it. Personally I doubt £50 a week is going to make a big difference to his finances...

Having played at that level (albeit, a while ago) and having a dad as a secretary of a N.L I know for certain that there are players on far more than that.

2 hours ago, celtic_fc said:

You acknowledge the level of the league he's joined yet still come to the conclusion he must be doing it for money? :D

Considering it's the 9th tier and he has previous for playing non league football for free I'd be more surprised if he's getting a wage at all.

Very naïve indeed my friend.

4 minutes ago, OLLMEISTER1 said:

Lets face it you don't go and play in the 9th tier of English football for the money, that much should be fairly clear.

1 hour ago, OLLMEISTER1 said:

How much money do you realistically think he's going to be paid? What value does he really add?

Remember, a 38 year old Pascal Chimbonda, is, at his very core, just Pascal Chimbonda. I don't remember anyone in the mid noughties saying: "Fancy going to watch the Spurs game...? I hear Pascal Chimbonda is playing"

2 hours ago, BusbyFergieJose said:

is chimbonda on the game yet does anyone know?

yes, in Washington as player/non player.