[FM17] The most amateurish save in FM history

JGreen93

Welcome to my first save on this forum! As I wait on FM18 coming out, I thought it'd be fun to try something a little different. 

Queens Park are famous. They are the only amateur club in the Scottish Professional Football League... and I thought I would honour that by bringing some incredibly amateurish management skills to Hampden Park.

A little background on the Spiders: They own and play at the third biggest stadium in Scotland: Hampden Park. They lease Hampden to the SPFL and SFA for Scotland games, cup semis and finals etc, but its Queens that own it. In the early days of organised football, Queens Park were dominant. They have won 10 Scottish Cups (third all-time behind Rangers and Celtic), and all the early Scottish international teams consisted of 10 or 11 Queens Park players, mostly because Queens Park were the driving force that founded the SFA. When all other clubs turned professional, Queens Park chose to remain an amateur club, stressing their amateur principles. Anyone who's been to the Scottish football museum at Hampden will know the importance Queens Park had in organising British football.

So I'm taking over one of the most unique and storied clubs in football. The aim of the save? To go as far as I can with them... before FM18 lands. I'm hoping to do well in League 1, challenge for promotion to the Championship and do well in a few cups here and there. I'm not sure how FM will cope with the club being amateur, and I hope they don't try and turn the Spiders professional. Hopefully I can also sprinkle in a few tales of the Scottish lower leagues during my updates too; they are simultaneously the most bizarre and the most entertaining leagues in the world (yes, I'm looking at you, Albion Rovers twitter account).

Do not be under any illusions that we will have much success - I anticipate that any decent players we get will be poached very quickly :D

So, what am I dealing with?

ecd4a204c1b546d65458224b9b164005.png

We have a decent squad for this level, but concerningly three of our four best players are loanees. Dario Zanatta is very good for this level. Our squad is also very, very young.

I'll be looking to play a very basic 4-2-3-1. At the moment I'm going with two inside forwards and full backs overlapping. Should this fail then I will resort to a more direct style.

So let's go! As the club motto states, Ludere Causa Ludendi - to play for the sake of playing!

Archived