Training simple but effective overhaul

steam just is

training is FMs biggest weakness. Managers often refer to the quality of weekly training and how a player has performed. I also want to marry this up with attribute scoring.

Why not make attributes much more fluid. Eg its possible (Spurs are my team btw) that Dele has a week where his shooting was 20 out of 20. Maybe play him up front that week. Later in the month it could drop to 10 when hes had a bad training week. 

Attributes then become an average based on a series of training sessions. Ie Unless dele is shooting at 20 out of 20 every week, actually his real score is more like 15.

This will also help spot rising talent. Eg a 17 yo CB who suddenly hits a 19 out of 20 week on passing suggests you have a Beckenbauer on your hands.

This will also make decisions for the big games more exciting. Do you pick the best player or the best trainer?

I think this makes attributes much more realistic. Obviously your height will only change when growing up and your speed will always be pretty consistent. But the other metrics would be much more fluid in real life. 

that would be more realistic, but not that "simple".to clarify the suggestion:

it will require making all current attributes hidden,and replace to the suggested attribute system, which will be a perceived system influenced by the actual attributes, match performance,training performance and reputation.  

poor judging player ability attribute by you or other staff members will flaw the accuracy of the perceived attributes.lack of data (such as only knowing player the reputation or only seeing him in matches rather than see him train) will flaw the accuracy of the perceived attributes. low related attributes (such as composure to finishing,decisions to passing,flair to technique,consistency to everything etc) will flaw the accuracy of the perceived attributes. general bad performance caused by low morale or wrong tactical use will flaw the accuracy of the perceived attributes. good form in trials and matches... basically you see how the player performs rather than how he is as defined by FM.is this how you imagine it? it sounds amazing to me, it is much more realistic, but will take a lot of work and will annoy many players,so i can't see it happening.        

Totally see where you are coming from Itay but, as with other features in the game, this level of complexity could be at the discretion of the user.

As you say..poor attribute judgement is a facet of football. Thats why you have a team of staff around you that is as trustworthy and like minded as possible. 

FM is a great game. And the developers have done well to keep it a game and not some ridiculously in-depth simulation. Everything about it is so thorough and fun.....apart from training. I think this may be a step forward without overly immersive training sessions. 

I mostly agree with itay.bing.
Although, "weekly training" made me thought of the following: SI to add a new panel of daily performances in training for all the players. With arrows. Something like this:
59dc0b661e5d8_dailytraining_edited.png.e2901049ada1133e5c4e172b6b14f075.png

That way, we may favour Player A instead of Player B for the upcoming match in Saturday, because he trained better for the past 5 days. Of course, more info could be added. Like:
-Our assman could give us a reports for all the players, "Player A looked good in training the whole week", "Player B was average in training this week", etc.
-If we selected 2 days of match preparation (Friday+Saturday), by looking the previous image we can see that both players trained well, so our assman could say something like "Player A is ready to face our opponent in Saturday" (same for Player B).

What do you think?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't really think training needs a change. In my opinion the training system is pretty good, but i agree with the suggestion that performance on training pitch should somehow influecne the match condition. Instead of changing attributtes from e.g. 10 to 20 as author propose, I think there could be just one more attribute added - "match condition" which modify attributes for a specific match. Next thing with that is that such attribute could be useful for long-term free agents. Such players generally would have very bad match condition that should be slowly build up in training despite having great technical and mental attributes.

• 1 month later...

Archived