Sports Interactive Community

I`m currently playing FM for the first time and since i did not want to buy it immidiatley i started with FM10 that my dad had played when it came out. Since i have basic understanding of managing and watched my dad play the game i decided not to make things too easy but because im only 13 i did not want it to be too hard. I chose Newcastle but i as given an ageing team "will do" team. Anyway i was expected to lead the team to promotion which is fair enough.  I was given a transfer budget of 0 POUNDS meaning that i needed to pull off some heroic **** to compete for promotion. I got 3 wins 1 draw and 3 losses in Preseason. When i won i battered the opposition when i lost it was 1-0 apart from one 3-1 battering. I started with a 1-0 away loss against West Brom fellow Promotion candidates that my assistant Chris Hughton suggested are favourites for the win as did the media. I won 2-0 against Reading with a confident display and then a 0-2 win against Sheffield Wed with a bad performance. Why in the hell do the board want to sack me? The results have been decent imo. 

There should be an indication on the board confidence screen but 1 win from 3 for club with a demanding owner who expects promotion is not a great position for you.

2 hours ago, Barside said:

1 win from 3 

Sorry ya understood me wrong. i had 2 wins and a loss against WBA. Now i won one more league encouter and a League Cup  game against Blackpool.Now lost against Leicester in the league. And Ashley still wants to sack me despite me having the best defence in the league and giving me 0 POUNDS of money. i could only sign two youngsters on loan...

Ah, I see that now. Was caught out by the bad performance comment & my mind decided to read that as a 2-0 loss. Have you checked the board confidence screen to see what aspects of your management the board are unhappy with as it probably isn't the results?

They said that they were not happy with they signings i made after giving me 0 pounds of money. I got 2 youngsters that the squad is happy with and have played in their backup positions like charm. 

1 hour ago, VSfallin said:

They said that they were not happy with they signings i made after giving me 0 pounds of money. I got 2 youngsters that the squad is happy with and have played in their backup positions like charm. 

That doesn't happen on the newer versions thankfully, it's just the outdated board confidence from FM10.

Yeah, you’re going to face some undeserved sackings in those older games.. Ditch that version and find yourself a cheap unused version of FM14 where things like that had been ironed out. 

On 10/9/2017 at 23:35, Vane said:

Yeah, you’re going to face some undeserved sackings in those older games.. Ditch that version and find yourself a cheap unused version of FM14 where things like that had been ironed out. 

yeah i should the board forced me to resign. Got a new job at Gòrnik Zabrze tho. Was sacked after 2 games after failing to win with a makeshift squad. Now managing Larnelli in the Welsh PL 3rd in the table.