Sports Interactive Community

I was at work yesterday (Sunday - as I am now) and it was silly quiet. Sat on the forums here and saw this thread. 

Drew a load of formations with instructions and then, upon making it home, set to work.

I started unemployed, chose 1860 Munich from the jobs offered as they had three good candidates for targetmen up top - two aerial lads, and one pacy AND aerial lad.

Made a deep lying 442 with an aerial TMS and the pacy lad as a TMA up top. It works a dream at 3.Bundesliga level. Either the ball hits the TMS and the TMA runs on to it in the clear, or the TMA nods it back out of the box for the TMS to bang it in from 20yards.

Next step is to set up my defensive corners in true Pulis style with the wingers on the halfway line.

On 09/12/2019 at 15:03, Boy_Wonda said:

I was at work yesterday (Sunday - as I am now) and it was silly quiet. Sat on the forums here and saw this thread. 

Drew a load of formations with instructions and then, upon making it home, set to work.

I started unemployed, chose 1860 Munich from the jobs offered as they had three good candidates for targetmen up top - two aerial lads, and one pacy AND aerial lad.

Made a deep lying 442 with an aerial TMS and the pacy lad as a TMA up top. It works a dream at 3.Bundesliga level. Either the ball hits the TMS and the TMA runs on to it in the clear, or the TMA nods it back out of the box for the TMS to bang it in from 20yards.

Next step is to set up my defensive corners in true Pulis style with the wingers on the halfway line.

Post some screens?

On 27/11/2019 at 21:21, Peljam said:

So this is my current Hoof. I've moved on a bit from the one I had in the Dictate the Game article, and to be honest it is pretty similar to the tactic I used in FM19 (I've got the same name for the style!). Which is to be expected as the same principles apply.

I'm getting a lot of chances in the box now. Not excessive amounts but I'm getting very little in the way of shots outside the box, or from tight angles. I like to work out my xG and it has increased by a decent amount since swapping to this - by about .5 which on its own doesn't sound huge but it's moved me to about 2xG a game now which is a healthy amount for a minnow with a £500pw budget.

EDIT: I should add this tires players out. I've had to change the rest settings in training. The first two condition ratings (60-70 I think) are now no training as we can't kick and rush, and press, and survive.

Hoofharder.PNG

How well does this work in Premier League, and in current match engine.

I've not tried this exact one in the top flight but I imagine it will depend partly on how teams approach you. If you are the underdog I think it will probably work reasonably well as teams will attack you and leave some space behind. If they are set up to defend you will struggle to break them down.

You need the right players as well. I imagine Burnley and Newcastle might have the players for it.

1 hour ago, Peljam said:

I've not tried this exact one in the top flight but I imagine it will depend partly on how teams approach you. If you are the underdog I think it will probably work reasonably well as teams will attack you and leave some space behind. If they are set up to defend you will struggle to break them down.

You need the right players as well. I imagine Burnley and Newcastle might have the players for it.

I'm in my first season with Villa, got off to a good start but am dropping like a stone now.  Might give it a try, I can't do any worse.  Download Link?

22 hours ago, Duke313 said:

Post some screens?

I unfortunately moved on to Hull with three games of the season left. Saved them from relegation. Bought a few of my players with me. Was chastised for not playing attractive football... Changed things about a bit, then moved to Premiership West Brom in the January of season two. Hoofball did not go well there... So, quit the save. When I'm at my laptop and not work, i'll attach my tactic.

@Duke313

From my experience you cant have such a huge gap between the forward and the rest of the team, I use a lower line of Engagment as well as a lower defensive line and with this managed to shithouse my way to top 4 finish with St Rennais

On 03/01/2020 at 19:08, Duke313 said:

I'm in my first season with Villa, got off to a good start but am dropping like a stone now.  Might give it a try, I can't do any worse.  Download Link?

These are the two I'm running at the moment. The wide version is not as direct, but is still...well fairly direct. I'm having a lot of joy with it. Often end up with a lot of players in the box. Sometimes the AMC gets the ball from a long ball or throughball/cross field ball, draws out a defender and then slips a short pass through. Other times it goes long on the wings and everything sort of pivots so we still have 3-4 in the box.

DM acts as cover to help shield the back as you basically give up on the centre of the pitch and go long or wide.

Generally speaking all the DC's are dribble less, take more risks, hold position, shoot less, tackle harder.

Fullbacks cross from deep, shoot less, tackle harder.

MC's or DM's are shoot less, take more risks

With both of them I've got my set pieces set up just how I want them. I don't get excessive amounts but I get enough. Long throws. Corners and free kicks to the near post that is being attacked by your best header. Usually your targetman. I've also got my defensive set pieces set up to encourage counter attacks.

442.PNG

442Wide.PNG

Le 06/01/2020 à 21:26, Peljam a dit :

These are the two I'm running at the moment. The wide version is not as direct, but is still...well fairly direct. I'm having a lot of joy with it. Often end up with a lot of players in the box. Sometimes the AMC gets the ball from a long ball or throughball/cross field ball, draws out a defender and then slips a short pass through. Other times it goes long on the wings and everything sort of pivots so we still have 3-4 in the box.

DM acts as cover to help shield the back as you basically give up on the centre of the pitch and go long or wide.

Generally speaking all the DC's are dribble less, take more risks, hold position, shoot less, tackle harder.

Fullbacks cross from deep, shoot less, tackle harder.

MC's or DM's are shoot less, take more risks

With both of them I've got my set pieces set up just how I want them. I don't get excessive amounts but I get enough. Long throws. Corners and free kicks to the near post that is being attacked by your best header. Usually your targetman. I've also got my defensive set pieces set up to encourage counter attacks.

442.PNG

442Wide.PNG

Could you upload your tactics ?