Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
naxself

Extinct competition appears anyway

I've re-done the CONCACAF club and international tournaments and I have a problem. The first is that the CFU Caribbean Cup and the Copa Centroamericana are running, despite the fact that I have made them extinct in the files. They no longer feed into any competition (i.e., the Caribbean Cup is used to choose the Caribbean participants of the Gold Cup in real life, but not in my edits) so I don't know why they're still running. The same thing happens with the Canadian Championship, which in real life chooses the Canadian team to participate in the CONCACAF Champions League. That is not the case in my edits (there is a full league system for Canada and my version of the Champions League doesn't take the Canadian Championship into account). So I made that competition extinct, as well. Yet it still runs every summer for no good reason (i.e., the winner doesn't get anything out of winning).

Is there a reason for this? Do I have to do more than just extinct them? I am considering making the competitions active again, and re-purposing them for something else (i.e., a domestic cup or something). Would that work? Other than this (and one other weird thing - I have multiple instances of competition histories showing up, like the Gold Cup winner appearing 4 times for the same year), everything works fine.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Looks like that those competitions are hard-coded. You could try to change the valid years of the competition (for example 2050).

Thanks for the response, Kubi!

If they're hard-coded, that will be irritating. But I'll poke around and see what I can find. Can the valid years be changed in the basic editor?

Removing them might help, but..... back up before you would try that.

Did that for a big edit. The only thing that can bite you is if you delete too much. Other than that, it is a matter of removing the right stuff and making sure you know all the connections between tournaments.

Interesting. The tournaments I'm talking about don't feed into anything anymore (IRL, the Caribbean national team tournament feeds into the Gold Cup, but I've created a separate qualification phase for that in my edits). I'll have to dig around before I actually remove something, though.

Thanks for your help!