Editor development

Lawlore

So, I've stuck with FM15 for the last few years, but will probably get FM18. After a few opinions- has there been much by way of development of the pre-game editor over the past few iterations- in your opinion has it become more/less robust, capable, user-friendly, flexible?

The advanced rules (formerly advanced panel) is a lot easier to use and most tasks have now a description. But I can't remember how it was with the FM 2015 editor. :)

XML editing is still possible if you really want to do it.

22 hours ago, KUBI said:

The advanced rules (formerly advanced panel) is a lot easier to use and most tasks have now a description. But I can't remember how it was with the FM 2015 editor. :)

XML editing is still possible if you really want to do it.

Is there any guide or explanation available on how to XML edit?

17 minutes ago, KUBI said:

This thread could be helpful:

The way i used to do XML editing is, for example, if i wanted to create a large number of new teams, i'd create one new team through the editor and then analyze the XML file to see in which format a team is created and then replicate that with new ID's.

The problem is, i don't know how to convert the .fmf editor files into XML so i can analyze the formats.

On 28/09/2017 at 07:35, Xtal said:

XML editing was killed, so a big chunk of the flexibility was gone. The editing scene is quite stale, i hope for some big Editor improvements soon.

Ive been super busy being a parent so pretty much given up on editing.

My decision to rebuild my nation from scratch was a good one but took months instead of weeks.

I think the whole pre-game editor needs a refresh, new UI, new ways of doing things... Just a fresh take completly.

I would love it to be more powerful and user friendly but that would mean making it like a game of its own. 

At least stadium editing stuff would a good start!

Archived