FM18: Mexico in the Libertadores

jeid2000

Hello, in FM18 I plan to manage in Mexico, but I'd like to have Mexican teams qualifying for the Libertadores rather than the CONCACAF CL. Is there an easy way to implement this? Was planning to have a test run on FM17 to see how well it works.

Sorry, I'm not very good with the editor and hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

I think the easiest way is making new formats for both Libertadores and the CONCACAF CL, then you can choose which countries have participants in each competition.

It would be a challenge to make the same formats as in real life though.

12 hours ago, jeid2000 said:

Hmm, that does indeed sound like a pain. Is that pretty much the only way round it?

I haven't tried the 'advanced rules', but maybe it could be edited there. Either way, the advanced rules are pretty complicated to edit.

I've tried recreating the competitions in the editor and Mexico never seems to join in first season, even with changing the registered teams. The Copa Lib seems to change slightly in the second season, with the standard game files. I'm wondering if it'd be easier to edit if Mexico weren't in the CL in the first place.

On 25/09/2017 at 18:25, jeid2000 said:

Is there some guides to doing that?

I don't think there is any.

3 hours ago, jeid2000 said:

I've tried recreating the competitions in the editor and Mexico never seems to join in first season, even with changing the registered teams. The Copa Lib seems to change slightly in the second season, with the standard game files. I'm wondering if it'd be easier to edit if Mexico weren't in the CL in the first place.

Yes, Mexican teams don't play in the first season, then return in the second season, when the format also changes a bit.

• 1 year later...
On 27/09/2017 at 21:15, PMLF said:

I don't think there is any.

Yes, Mexican teams don't play in the first season, then return in the second season, when the format also changes a bit.

We'll I was on the editing fm18 and I noticed when I put the copa libertadores with Argentina there was a copa libertadores (2018 (with mexico) can any of y'all explain to me why it's on there.

29 minutes ago, Daniel Pineda said:

We'll I was on the editing fm18 and I noticed when I put the copa libertadores with Argentina there was a copa libertadores (2018 (with mexico) can any of y'all explain to me why it's on there.

Back then it wasn't known for sure if Mexican teams would actually leave the competition permanently or if they would return in the next season (2018), but in the end they left for good, so there are no Mexican teams in Libertadores in FM2019 for instance.

2 hours ago, Daniel Pineda said:

Oh well do you know if there's a way that i can chnage to it where mexico does play I the copa libertadores? 

I think only you can recreate Libertadores from scratch, but it might be hard at the moment in FM 2019 as the editor is not working well at the moment, should be easier in FM 2018 though.

59 minutes ago, Daniel Pineda said:

Ok thanks but is there like a tutoral to making it because I tried making one tournament but It keeps on having the same teams in the tournment every year 

3 hours ago, PMLF said:

I think only you can recreate Libertadores from scratch, but it might be hard at the moment in FM 2019 as the editor is not working well at the moment, should be easier in FM 2018 though.

13 hours ago, Daniel Pineda said:

Ok thanks but is there like a tutoral to making it because I tried making one tournament but It keeps on having the same teams in the tournment every year 

I don't think there is any, better check the threads on this subforum to see what you can find.

11 hours ago, PMLF said:

I don't think there is any, better check the threads on this subforum to see what you can find.

Just now, Daniel Pineda said:

Ok one last question when i'm trying to put mexico in the libertadores it give me an error and it says "found more than one set of rules for competition copa libertadores" what does that mean?

Archived