Overarchieving players

Tullekunstner

What players have you bought/developed in FM17 that's gone above and beyond whatever you expected of them? Whether it's a mediocre player who's constantly put in amazing performances or a youngster who's developed way better than what you thought his potential was, post them here!

My personal experience with this is Jordan Williams. Bought him for cheap for my Nottingham save when I was still in Championship. Figured he'd be a useful rotation player while I battled for promotion, but he's currently a mainstay in my Champions League side (using him as half back).

Screens:

59c517254a311_JordanWilliams_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.0750079f7599df1135c6a0543394e5d7.png

59c5172073274_JordanWilliams_HistoryCareerStats.thumb.png.d0b454f0e648e03e5a35c4f939900f04.png

Callum Saunders has been pretty unreal for me. Brought him all the way up from League 2 to Premiership and he's still banging them in. Only rated as Championship level. I also  have another player called George Cooper who mixes it with PL players despite being League 1 standard.

Saunders.thumb.png.7a2ed40c9d0365e5dba9789aefe2c0fc.png

59c54ae16d1c1_Saundersstats.thumb.png.c271d9d04855cc475ed1b3df6b693c3f.png

59c54a9ea738a_Saundersreport.thumb.png.66b88bf65585b072084d48717485c876.png

This has happened a few times although I have no screenshots (corrupt game files).  

Last year I had a Croatian regen who hadn't quite improved as I'd hoped. I decided to give him one more season to try and stake a claim and he ended going on a six game scoring streak from am(c). Form plays a huge role in performances and so I tend to prioritise form over stars. I makes it more realistic that way imo.

I remember I also bought a young English striker as a quota filler/ fourth choice striker. He ended up scoring twice against ac Milan in the champions league semi final.

Kemar Roofe.

5 seasons in and he's still scoring winners in the champions league.  More of a squad player now, but has an impressive trophy cabinet and has just scored twice away to Napoli in the CL.

Averages just over a goal every 2 games.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a Napoli save on the go and for my second season and I've brought in Javier Onteveros as a right winger in the RMD role as successor to Callejon. He's just expected to be a back up this season but every time I play him he gets two goals! I decided to take a punt on him against Inter and he got a match winning brace, so I kept him in against Roma and he did the same again. His potential is to be a key player, but right now he's only 2 star rated, so I'd definitely say that's over achieving for such big games. 

I definitely agree about form as well, if they're playing well, it's worth keeping them in and as they continue with those performances they grow as players. 

Archived