Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Chinook2000

Raiding your last Club is too easy

After Four years at Dungannon I had produced a number of players with high potential and five star at my level. Financially we weren't to secure but sales were seeing us improve each season. From the start the Club has excellent training & youth facilities plus youth recruitment and created a astonishing level of regens born in Dungannon Pop:- 15,000.

Season 1-3 I sell a number of to English championship clubs at between £40,000-£80,000. And in pre-season four a striker to Linfield for £60,000 all good prices and with lucrative clauses.

Come midway season four I leave Dungannon and take over Linfield, knowing the star players at Dungannon I targeted two defenders who were among the best in the league. The centre back was bought for £2,500 and the Left back at £12,500. Considering I knew the Clubs finances were OK and I had six months previously I was offered £60,000 each by Scottish Premier Clubs (going to £80,000 broke off the deal). Why would they then take such a low offer? I found if you offer just the value or even £0 you can get whoever you want off lower clubs. If I'd stayed at Dungannon I'd have got £40,000x 2 easily. I try to be realistic with the game so don't go to hard on forcing players to stay when bigger clubs come calling. Which is also too easy to do, just ride it out for a few months and they become happy again.

Will transfers be more difficult in FM 18?

What was the actual balance when you left? Might be that the new manager doesn't plan on using the players in question, or the money was needed more than you think. I wouldn't say transfers are unrealistic myself.

If anything, the complaints that seem most common is that the AI demands higher transfer fees for their players, so what you're experiencing seems odd. Maybe it's tied to the level/rep of the clubs your managing at. I've just moved from Arsenal to PSG and Arsenal will not sell me anyone without me paying a premium for them.

I wouldn't say it's too easy.

If you've developed a good relationship with your previous club and players, and go to a higher rated club. Would it not make sense your former players and staff would want to join you?

On 21/09/2017 at 15:19, wattzy said:

What was the actual balance when you left? Might be that the new manager doesn't plan on using the players in question, or the money was needed more than you think. I wouldn't say transfers are unrealistic myself.

They were ok and the players were the stars of the division in their position. I would have got far more for them than I paid, I knew Linfield and other Scottish/English league clubs were interested, for similar players when finances were worse I sold them for far more. AI Clubs are far more compliant in selling a player.

19 hours ago, Pow4FM said:

I wouldn't say it's too easy.

If you've developed a good relationship with your previous club and players, and go to a higher rated club. Would it not make sense your former players and staff would want to join you?

They would that doesn't mean the Manager who has nothing to do with me would sell so easily, the board as I was there wouldn't take the decision out my hand. £15,000 for two players of early twenties is a bargain. It seems if you match the value they'll go.