Sports Interactive Community
paganizer

[Discussion] Players sharing responsibilities

I particularly like the idea of doing it for CMs. Creating a sort of double pivot

This is absolutely necessary in my opinion.

I have always wanted to do that in both cases you have described.

Completely agree especially about fullbacks. Even a very attacking FB should have the intelligence to understand when being more cautious (i.e. when the other FB is running with the ball towards byline). This 'intelligence' might be related to Anticipation, Decision and Positioning attributes.

A similar suggestion could be made for midfielders covering attacking fullbacks. At the moment even if a defensive/central midfielder on defend/support duty is in decent position to cover the area left by an attacking FB, they tend to stay more central and struggle to close down wide attackers (I feel wide CB's in a three man defence are much better at this in FM17). So an instruction 'cover right/left back' available for DMCR/L and CMR/L (again related to Anticipation, Decision and Positioning attributes) could be very useful.

Edited by kandersson

Being able to give instructions to field areas, defense, midfielders, forwards seems realistic. Would be a great improvement