Desktop shortcuts not working

Bear with me, as I haven't much of a clue where to put this as it's not technically a bug but it's also not technically a game issue either - if a mod can move it to the appropriate forum if it's in the wrong forum, that'd be grand.

But I've encountered a very strange and frustrating problem with the game via Steam in that no matter what I do, the desktop and start menu shortcuts I created have stopped working and don't load the game.

I have tried numerous times to rectify this issue by uninstalling and then reinstalling both the game and the editor, but to no avail. 

The Steam support wasn't exactly helpful either.

Can someone please help with this issue as it now means I am having to run Steam directly to get into my games rather than be ab;e to have the shortcuts there on the desktop.

Why not start the game from steam?

It could be many things why your desktop icons do not work. Does this happen to any other games or icons you have in your desktop?

Do they not open?

It might be your computer, not cleaning it every week/month or running antivirus/malwarebytes/windiws defender. You might need some updates. 

It could be anything.

its all really easy

on your drive where programs are installed, likely Program Files (x86) > Steam > Steamapps > Common > Football Manager FMxxxx >  right click FM icon (there will an FM icon representing the executable file) select create a shortcut then drag the icon on to your computers desktop and hey presto double clicking will start the app running. You can rename the shortcut by editing the text likely deleting the words "shortcut"

Archived