Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
LEMark

Missing Director of Football Job Position

Hello everyone

As stated in my topic, I am missing this position in my Football Manager game. Is anyone else missing this position?

I was looking at some guides on how to recruit better youth, and in my football manager game I look for the job position "Director of Football" but it doesn't show that position. I can only see Director, Manager Director, General Manager (x2). 

In Football Manager Editor I get the same results, there is no Director of Football anymore??

Thank you for the help

Do you have English (UK) as the selected language? I'm guessing the DoF-role might be called something else in English (US) or other languages?

9 minutes ago, LEMark said:

Hello everyone

As stated in my topic, I am missing this position in my Football Manager game. Is anyone else missing this position?

I was looking at some guides on how to recruit better youth, and in my football manager game I look for the job position "Director of Football" but it doesn't show that position. I can only see Director, Manager Director, General Manager (x2). 

In Football Manager Editor I get the same results, there is no Director of Football anymore??

Thank you for the help

Are you searching in the staff database, or just your own club staff? Not every club operates with a director of football, so it may just be a case that you need to go out and sign one.

40 minutes ago, XaW said:

Do you have English (UK) as the selected language? I'm guessing the DoF-role might be called something else in English (US) or other languages?

I have the UK. In Editor is the same. I only have Director, Manager Director, Owner, General Manager, HoYD, and so on. I cannot find Director of Football. 

I tried adding it in editor because I thought my file was corrupt.

31 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Are you searching in the staff database, or just your own club staff? Not every club operates with a director of football, so it may just be a case that you need to go out and sign one.

In staff database. I am looking to hire a DoF, but the position does not populate/show up. 

I add: "Job" "is" and when I am looking for the DoF position, I cannot find it. I only get HoYD, Coach, Assistant Coach, etc. 

Not even in Football Manager Editor. It is nowhere shown. 

Any ideas?

For further info:

In my save file I am playing in 2nd Division Competition. However, as stated before, not even in Editor can I find that position. It does not show up in any club in Editor. I only get 2x General Manager, Chief, Director, Owner, Managing Director, etc. 

Edited by LEMark

Try searching for a few Director of Football personnel and see what job title they have in your game (if they exist)... I'm currently at work so can't give you an extensive list.

Les Reed - Southampton

And here is a list off the web of supposedly best DoF in FM

DOF.JPG

8 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Try searching for a few Director of Football personnel and see what job title they have in your game (if they exist)... I'm currently at work so can't give you an extensive list.

Les Reed - Southampton

And here is a list off the web of supposedly best DoF in FM

DOF.JPG

Thank you 

Will do once I get home too. Ill see if I can find them. 

Does anyone else have any other ideas as to why it wont show in my save file? O.o

39 minutes ago, LEMark said:

Thank you 

Will do once I get home too. Ill see if I can find them. 

Does anyone else have any other ideas as to why it wont show in my save file? O.o

I'm guessing you probably have US English set without realising it.

11 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

I'm guessing you probably have US English set without realising it.

Does it really make a big difference? O.o

I dont remember changing it though. Especially for FM Editor, I dont think you can change the language nor I remember changing it or if there is an option for it. 

It happens on both engines FM Editor and FM 17

Thank you all for the help

The DoF is located under the "Scouting" category though? If you are looking for it under coaching?

2 hours ago, LEMark said:

Does it really make a big difference? O.o

I dont remember changing it though. Especially for FM Editor, I dont think you can change the language nor I remember changing it or if there is an option for it. 

It happens on both engines FM Editor and FM 17

Thank you all for the help

Yep, it can be changed in both and the job's called something different in the US version - I think it may be "General Manager" while the manager is a "Head Coach" but I'm not certain. It does have a relatively big impact on things like staff names, the game being called "Soccer" etc.

You were all right, it was because of the language. Director of Football is in UK, General Manager is in US. 

Thank you all!