Tactic Masters please help me :)

I have my style of play in mind but I am not succeeding in replicating on FM even though the tactic I am employing is overachieving in terms of leagues and european cups wins. I am playing a Wide 433 and even though my striker is team leader for goals the second for most goals scored is my backup Ball Winning Midfielder (WTF?!?) while in my mind I want my wide attackers or my CM on attack duty to score a lot of goals.

Formation - 433 Wide

Mentality - Control

Team Shape - Flexible/Fluid depending on the opponent

TIs - Defensive Line Higher, Use Offside Trap (unless I play with a Stopper and Cover in the DC roles), Close Down More, Prevent Short GK Distribution, Play Out of Defence, Pass Into Space, Retain Position, Work Ball Into Box, Whipped Crosses.

Players (Almost all players have Tackle Harder as PI)

GK -> SK Defend

D R -> Full Back Support

D Cs -> BPD & CD Defend (unless playing against opponents with a lonely striker then my BPD goes on Stopper and CD on Cover)

D L -> Wing Back Attack

M Cr -> Ball Winning Midfielder Support

M C -> DLP Defend

M Cl -> CM Attack (PIs -> Move Into Channel, Roam from Position)

AM L -> Raumdeuter Attack

AM R -> AP Support (PIs -> Dribble More, Shoot More Often, More Risky Passes)

ST -> F9 Support/CF Support

OIs have Tackle Harder Always and Close Down More Always on all defensive players including GK, DMs and WBs, Close Down More on a lonely Striker).

I am aware that my left flank is my weakness if caught in counter attack but I rely on my BPD (who plays on the left) and Work Rate of the D L, M Cl and AM L. But it is also my strength because of the AP who's a ball magnet. I achieve possession %s of over 60% with many chances and many shots per match, I concede few goals (only 12 in 38 games in Serie A) and score decently (over 80 goals in 38 games) but as I said my backup BWM has scored 19 goals in all competitions while AMs have scored less than 10.  

What would you do to let them score more goals?

Unfortunately I can't post any screenshot as I am currently at work (yawn...).

You kind of mention the reason, your left is a WB-A, CM-A and RMD-A whilst your right is FB-S, BWM-S and AP-S.

Your BWM is near the playmaker so a likely target, especially with the FB covering allowing him to safely make runs.

But your left side has no depth, its just all out blitz. No one is making space to allow the others to score. You can't really expect the CM-A on the far side of the AP to get chances with a RMD working the area in front of him. I'd be questioning why the RMD isn't a main goal scorer rather than the CM-A

The simple thing to try is swap the BWM-S and CM-A, so the CM-A gets advanced of the AP+FB-S whilst the BWM-S provides a bit of depth for the WB-A+RMD+A.

Archived