Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vlowman

'Normal' Brexit Question

Can anyone tell me how 'normal' Brexit works in terms of this 'special - no work permit require - status' for EU players that are already playing in the UK? Are the considered special forever, or only for the duration of their current contract (at time of Brexit announcement) / until their next transfer to another club?

Brexit is kicking in at the end of my current season and I can't work out if it's worth looking at EU players (without loads of recent caps) who are at other UK clubs or not? Or if I will even be able to sign my current EU players to new contracts?

Any advice appreciated!

Special status runs for the duration of their current contract.

Therefore if they transfer clubs or sign a new deal they are subject to the new rules.

5 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Special status runs for the duration of their current contract.

Therefore if they transfer clubs or sign a new deal they are subject to the new rules.

That sucks - but thanks for clarifying!

One last question - where does triggering contract extensions fit into this? Presumably that doesn't trigger a work permit review, right?

I don't know for the other countries of Britain but in my save in Gibraltar I hadn't any problem but because after the brexit I could have in my squad 17!! foreign players... 

1 hour ago, Sheriff7 said:

I don't know for the other countries of Britain but in my save in Gibraltar I hadn't any problem but because after the brexit I could have in my squad 17!! foreign players... 

And those 17 didn't need work permits? If so, that sounds easier than unlimited foreigners but who all need work permits....

No I haven't any problem with work permits and I bought many south American players too but I don't know if the rules are different in Gibraltar...