Head of youth development - what does he do in fm touch

Hi all,

I was wondering what exactly the head of youth development does in FM touch. from the look of the staff screen it looks like he is in charge of the reserve squad.
But how does he affect the young players? (and does he affect older players in reserve squads as well?)

I know that:

Junior coach: CA of youngsters
Youth recruitment: PA of youngsters
Youth facilities: how fast CA of youngsters increases

but how does the head of youth affects the CA/PA of young players, and how important is he compared to the 3 things above (junior coaching, recruitment, facilities)

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

Not very much by the looks of it.  I brought in Thomas Albeck whom I thought looked a top HOYD for my long term save in the hope that he might help push some youngsters through ready for the first team within five years.  I'm still waiting!!!  I generally loan these players out and most of them go to decent loan Clubs like those in the Championship or even lower realms of the PL and some do very well.  Performances are decent but stats rarely seem to improve greatly.  I have a whole bunch of youngsters with potential to be a quality player for the Club but I haven't had one become a first team regular as yet bar Reece Oxford and he was fairly firsts team ready anyway.  It's partly my fault because of some decent success I generally don't play them and as with anything it's risk/reward even with the youngsters but at the same time I am not seeing much difference with having Albeck on board than I did in a previous save where I just kept the original HOYD Terry Westley in place.

Must confess I can now understand how tough it is IRL to blood younger players, especially when you have success because can you risk them?  I am struggling to find outstanding young players to bring in as well because all top rated regens at other Clubs are far too expensive.  They are valued for instance at £2.5 M and they you enquire and the asking price is 60 million so it's a nightmare.  I'm yet to see how you can bring a few home grown through without that risk of them flopping and would prefer the HOYD to play more of a part but I guess it's difficult to balance because it would be unrealistic to be able to bring in say three first team ready youth players every season.

Archived