Realistic Stadiums in 3d

juanchisanz

I have been playing 2d till 2015 and last year finally 3d was good enough in my opinion to give it a try.

I play with "data analyst camera" and I think it´good overall but there is something that gets me completely out of the game: Stadiums models doesn´t seem like the real counterparts

If I play in Bernabeu, even if it´s not the real one,(i assume you don´t have the license), the stadium is pretty similar, but if I play let´s say in Camp Nou it´s the same stadium model than Bernabeu.

Camp Nou is an open stands Stadium  , and playing a home game in Camp Nou and getting the feeling it´s Old trafford or Bernabeu do not give the player the correct feeling

I think you need to put more stadium models or at least the famous stadiums need to be different

Hope I have explained myself well enough and thanks for a wonderful game!!!!! :)

(enclosed Bernabeu and Camp Nou with similar models)

Bernabeu.png

Camp Nou.png

I don't know how difficult having specific stadiums would be but I think that at least the stadium size should be done in 8 different sections rather than just overall. So you've got the 4 stands and each corner.

It'd also be good if there was maybe have a couple of different stadiums or stand types

7 hours ago, Haiku said:

Due to licensing issues, SI are not allowed to replicate stadiums, so they made the software randomize stadium's look based on certain criteria upon creating new save game.

Yeah, but there must be a way to put some rules to the randomization process for certain teams....

I´m not saying they must replicate real stadiums but at least using some similar type to real ones or launching an stadium editor for steam workshop

I think it´s not so difficult to do and the inmersion will be way deeper

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 09:35, Haiku said:

Due to licensing issues, SI are not allowed to replicate stadiums, so they made the software randomize stadium's look based on certain criteria upon creating new save game.

If it's a licensing issue then they could just add a basic set up and allow the internet community to go from there, just like they do with the kits, logos and player images.

3 hours ago, AntR0we said:

If it's a licensing issue then they could just add a basic set up and allow the internet community to go from there, just like they do with the kits, logos and player images.

You´re completely right. I think it´s a question of focus.

The 3d is just not their focus at all. Here it is another example:

I´m playing with Real Madrid and Benzema has dark hair. So the same way I don´t feel I´m playing in nou camp, I don´t have the feeling this guy is benzema (see pic below). It´s just a question of putting him bald or giving us more options in haircuts, skin tones or whatever and we can then let the community do their job

In FM you have a huge editor for players but from my understanding(maybe i´m wrong here) you can edit everything about the player but not their 3d model.

I honestly think time, budget & difficulty of doing that is not so high and  improvement in realism and specially immersion is huge

Benzema.png

Time and budget of giving Benzema a proper haircut (who pays attention to this anyway?) could be used to improve something else in the game, like player promises, for example, which has a far greater influence on the whole game progress and gaming experience than Benzema having half an inch of hair or one inch of hair or Higuain`s 3D model being fat. 

The 3D graphics in FM will never reach the levels of FIFA and PES, because that`s not what this game is about.

I'd love to see this. As a way around the licensing issues, simply add editable options into the database so its up to users to create more realistic stadiums. Even if they aren't exact, its still better than generic ones that don't match at all.

I realize and accept that 3D is never going to be the focus, nor should it be. But they have added it, and they are working to make it better. They keep adding more and more 3D animations, which is great. But to say the rest of the 3D view is irrelevant and should be ignored.... that seems oddly picky, and it obviously does impact immersion.

Again, that's why I like the idea of making stadium models editable to some level in the editor. That should be a massive add and then its up to the users to spend hours making stadiums look as realistic as possible, if that's something they choose to bother with.

On 07/09/2017 at 14:33, AntR0we said:

I would expect this is a longer term plan, just its not ready yet for one reason or another. 

The one thing I could imagine causing problems would be either a) the memory associated with it being very bloated or b) expanding stadiums after the games begun causing issues.

I submitted quite a lengthy feature idea covering stadium data before I left SI, hopefully all of it got approval as it would allow for that type of community editing.

On 8/9/2017 at 07:04, Marius_R said:

Time and budget of giving Benzema a proper haircut (who pays attention to this anyway?) could be used to improve something else in the game, like player promises, for example, which has a far greater influence on the whole game progress and gaming experience than Benzema having half an inch of hair or one inch of hair or Higuain`s 3D model being fat. 

The 3D graphics in FM will never reach the levels of FIFA and PES, because that`s not what this game is about.

Of Course I know I´m not going to get the PES or FIFA graphics, I´m not expecting that either....

It´s a question of inmersion. I was more than fine with the 2d view. Being so simple you fill the blanks with your imagination.

But once they take the 3d path ( and imho they´re investing quite a lot in that) I think they´re putting all their efforts in adding more animations, more graphics effects, more everything and they´re missing a point in terms of inmersion/feeling:

"Even if I have way more animations and the 3d is way better, if I play at nou camp and it looks like old trafford and some of my players don´t have the same basic physical attributes, I just can´t get the correct "feeling"

With 3d view, filling the blanks with your imagination is way harder!

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎13 at 04:58, Barside said:

I submitted quite a lengthy feature idea covering stadium data before I left SI, hopefully all of it got approval as it would allow for that type of community editing.

Definitely hope its being looked at, at least for some very future version if its not going to make FM18. The community editing aspect makes a lot of sense IMO and moves away from a lot of the licensing issues.

On 13/09/2017 at 11:58, Barside said:

Did you submit your idea internally at SI or was it put forward on these forums for members to read? I'd be interested to know what your idea is.

I think allowing the community to edit the stadiums, props and backdrops to the stadiums is the best way forward. I'm hoping that this feature will be in FM2018, but I won't hold my breath of course. If your idea was approved then FM would be almost complete for me.

On 06/09/2017 at 09:35, Haiku said:

Do they have a licence to replicate Vicarage Road and wherever Wimbledon are playing?

2 hours ago, Lenzar said:

Do they have a licence to replicate Vicarage Road and wherever Wimbledon are playing?

I don't know. Fifa holds the majority of football licenses, but I'm not sure which of them are exclusive.

On 9/5/2017 at 20:15, AntR0we said:

I don't know how difficult having specific stadiums would be but I think that at least the stadium size should be done in 8 different sections rather than just overall. So you've got the 4 stands and each corner.

It'd also be good if there was maybe have a couple of different stadiums or stand types

My thoughts exactly, would certainly make it feel like your club a bit more.  If you are offered a new stadium, you should be given multple choices to choose from.

Then again, this is Football Manager, not Football Chairman.   A stadium editor would be great.  I'd also like to see the option view a more zoomed out scene of the stadium.  Not for match highlights, just to see it all in one shot.

• 2 months later...

Archived