DBC and FMF compressiion

Darth Rob

Is it possible to find out more about what sort of compression the DBC and FMF files are using?

XML files can get very large but of course opening and saving them in the editor each time is quite time consuming.

I have in mind specifically the sortitoutsi data update, which is a collaborative online tool with hundreds of people working on it so doesn't use the editor. Obviously XML is easy to write programmatically, but if there was a way to create a DBC or FMF file outside of the editor it would greatly reduce the file size.

I've read in the past that FMF was using a type of compression originally designed for emails or something, I can't find the old post so I can't remember exactly what it said.

50 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Why should u use that? Its easy to convert file to dbc when its finished.

It probably takes at least 5 minutes to download an xml file, import it and export. The sortitoutsi data update is released once an hour, that's 5 minutes work every single hour? Perhaps you didn't understand the use case?

4 minutes ago, Darth Rob said:

It probably takes at least 5 minutes to download an xml file, import it and export. The sortitoutsi data update is released once an hour, that's 5 minutes work every single hour? Perhaps you didn't understand the use case?

yeah i guess i dont.

Archived