FMS Awards 2017 Final Round Vote

mark wilson27

Right gentlemen its now time for the final round of voting in this years FMS Awards. In this round you will be voting for the overall winner in all categories.

You must vote and must vote in at least 50% of categories

You can vote twice in each category apart from the Hall of Fame Nominations in which you can vote for up to three people or stories. Voting in the Hall of Fame is not obligatory

Hall of Fame Rules:

(1) Each user has up to three nominations in both Writer and Story (Your not obliged to vote)

(2) You obviously cant vote for yourself as Writer or for one of your own stories

(3) To be awarded a place in the Hall of Fame a writer or story must receive a two thirds majority of the total number of people who voted in this final round...For example if nine people voted in the final round at least six people need to nominate the story or writer

Only two stories /writers can be elected into the Hall of Fame each year

Writers Hall of Fame Inductees

Peacemaker (2007)

Raptor (2009)

flipsix3 (2010)

tenthreeleader (2011)

Story Hall of Fame Inductees

Leaving the Past Behind (Repost) (flipsix3) (2010)

tenthreeleader / gavrenwick if I have missed anything or anyone regarding the Hall of Fame please PM cheers sir

Please complete the Ballot form in the following post and send to awardsfms@gmail.com by the Deadline of Midnight (BST) Sunday 1st October 2017 with the Awards Ceremony taking place provisionally on Sunday 8th October 2016 @ 20.00 (BST)

Please remember you must vote for you too have the chance to win an award, and remember too claim your vote here

If anyone thinks I've missed anything please PM me

The Terk/Raptor/Wilson Builder's Award:

This is awarded to the FMS forum member who does the most for the forum on an ongoing basis. Anyone can be awarded this so get your thinking caps on and make your choice

Writer of the Year:

Some of the best members of the boards have been bestowed this honour, with some winning it on multiple occasions. This is the highest honour on the board apart from being inducted into the FMS Hall of Fame. So again who is the writer that has got you clued to the forum, now its your time to see if your vote can give them this high honour

Best Story Character

Whilst some stories are just match report based, others have characters that bring the story to life. You have your characters from Rob Ridgway to Tina Powell that bring the story alive for your entertainment. The only rule with this category is that no character can win this award twice. If your unsure PM me and I will let you know if the character is eligible (I would say look at the FMS Awards Archive but the forum migration has wiped them out for now)

Funniest Writer of the Year:

Who's the writer that has the story that has made you laugh the most. Who do you think deserves the award as the Funniest Writer of the Year

Most Missed FMS'er:

Who have you missed in the past year, which writer would you like to see come back. Please note for this award the author must not have started or contributed to his/hers stories throughout the last year

Ballot Paper:

Username:

Individual Awards:

The Terk/Raptor/Wilson Builder’s Award (FMS'er of the Year)

(1)-
(2)-

Writer of Year
(1)-
(2)-

Stories:

Story of the Year
(1)-
(2)-

Short Story of the Year
(1)-
(2)-

English Story of  the Year

(1)-
(2)-

Rest of the World Story of the Year

(1)-
(2)-

Best Story Idea of the Year

(1)-
(2)-

Best International Management Story of the Year

(1)-
(2)-

Best Story Character
(1)-
(2)-

Newcomer of the Year
(1)-
(2)-

Funniest Writer of the Year
(1)-
(2)-

Most Missed FMS'er of the Year
(1)-
(2)-

Hall of Fame Nomination:(You may vote up to three)
Writer:
(1)-
(2)-
(3)-

Story:
(1)-
(2)-
(3)-

I'll send my vote in later tonight... but aren't there a few categories missing on the ballot paper, Mark? I can't see where you can nominate your Newcomer of the Year, Funniest Writer, or Most Missed FMS'er.

9 minutes ago, CFuller said:

I'll send my vote in later tonight... but aren't there a few categories missing on the ballot paper, Mark? I can't see where you can nominate your Newcomer of the Year, Funniest Writer, or Most Missed FMS'er.

Thankyou CFuller I have sorted it now....(Sack the Mod Chants ringing out again)

13 minutes ago, EvilDave said:

I shall have a re-read of the nominees and vote in a few days' time - great work putting these together Mark!

Cheers, Its one of the reasons I put a month for the deadline, gives plenty of time to reread aome of the excellent work on the boards

I must admit that the clock has never been tried before. It's very ... colorful!

The Awards Committee has also announced the site of this year's awards (no, it's not Qatar, FIFA had nothing to do with this)

Join us for the 2017 FMS Awards -- A Trip to Julian Assange's Hideaway (A Little Piece of Ecuador)

The committee felt this location would give special insight into these and other pressing issues of the day:

* Russian influence on the FMS voting process
* Hacked emails which reportedly show a pattern of behavior devoted to getting Mark Wilson more awards
* Why Ecuador is a thing
* How he already knows the winners

.....and more!

11 hours ago, tenthreeleader said:

I must admit that the clock has never been tried before. It's very ... colorful!

The Awards Committee has also announced the site of this year's awards (no, it's not Qatar, FIFA had nothing to do with this)

Join us for the 2017 FMS Awards -- A Trip to Julian Assange's Hideaway (A Little Piece of Ecuador)

The committee felt this location would give special insight into these and other pressing issues of the day:

* Russian influence on the FMS voting process
* Hacked emails which reportedly show a pattern of behavior devoted to getting Mark Wilson more awards
* Why Ecuador is a thing
* How he already knows the winners

.....and more!

This did make me chuckle sir :lol:, looking forward to the write up. I will message you after the deadline with the password to the email account if you haven't got it.

Remember though guys those who have a chance of winning will need to vote, luckily it didn't effect the first round vote of the story of the year this time (just). Got just over three weeks remaining

With Ben's vote that makes four members that have voted. If my counting is correct a total of 11 more members are required to vote if they want the chance to win an award. The voting at the moment is very close. You have now just under two weeks remaining to vote

Nine days left to vote guys and we still only have four forum members that have voted. Their are eleven of you that if you want a chance to win need to vote. With voting at the moment being so tight over half of you will miss out on the chance to win in October. 

1 hour ago, CFuller said:

FOUR voters? Is that really all, Mark? By way of comparison, how many users voted last year?

Are you going to consider PM-ing or even simply @-ing those writers who haven't yet submitted their votes?

Just say within a week of the voting opening last year we had five votes in. We had a total of 11 votes last year.

This year like I've said for everyone to stand a chance of winning we need another 11 people to vote. I know one person has said that he will not be voting so that's ten more we need. 

I will wait till its just under a week before the PM's and @ goes out. 

In the last couple of years we have had people miss out on an award due to not voting, last year I won the Funniest Writer award by default due to the fact the actual winner hadn't voted. The only categories that don't require the winner to vote is the Most Missed FMS'er and the Hall of Fame vote

So come on guys you need to vote.

Three days left guys to vote, at the last count their is still 9 forum members that will need to vote for the chance to win. With the way voting is going virtually everyone is still in for a chance of winning. All none authors can vote aswell, we know their is some people who don't write on here but still contribute and read on the forums

22 hours ago, CFuller said:

Whether you write on FMS or simply read, every vote matters.

I am not exaggerating when I say that this is the most important vote you’ll have all year (and in this one, the winners actually do win :p). Don’t let the opportunity pass you by.

Seconded.

Please, everyone, your vote is important.

And let me just add to what everyone else has said. 

In some countries, you can't vote for the FMS Awards. Right now I'm at a loss to name those countries (okay, maybe North Korea, because Kim Jong Un has already won them all despite no formal writing training in English.) But you get the idea.

Don't be that guy.

6 hours ago, mark wilson27 said:

Vote received and counted sir...

Their is now just over two days left guys to vote with at least eight potential winners not yet voted

Come on Mark, you're a Moderator on a writing forum. Have a word with yourself mate.  :p;)

Sorry that I am unable to vote guys, my free time is incredibly short in supply, and I have not had time to read any of the stories.

It would not be right to vote for something I've not read.

I just stop by to update mine when I can.

I hope the most worthy winners emerge despite a lack of voting.

Maybe they're all leaving it to the last minute to decide, so every word you write still counts. ;)

Maybe the voting system is overly complex, and could be simplified in some way, to encourage more to join in? I don't know, I haven't really looked at it in any detail, just trying to offer some suggestions. If hardly anyone bothers to vote, there is probably an underlying reason for that somewhere, I should imagine.

Maybe it is the system itself that needs to be re-examined?  Maybe not, and I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. :)

Archived