Youth faciities or training facilities

Hey guys, may have been asked before, but I cant find it, I'm doing a youth save and have the money to either upgrade youth facilities or training facilities, not both.  Couple of things, at what age to players stop being trained in the youth facilities, is it when they are in the first team, or age, or dependent on contact type?  Reason I ask is I want to develop youth but the better youngsters get into my first team at 17 or 18 so I want to upgrade whatever will benefit them the most, cheers.

Youth Facilities is one of the factors which affects the quality of newgens on Youth Intake Day.  It's where your Junior Teams undergo their simulated training.

Training Facilities is where your Youth, Reserve and First Team squads train.  So if you want to improve facilities for your actual squads, sink your money into Training Facilities and they'll all benefit.

4 hours ago, alanschu14 said:

I thought the CA of junior/u15 players was through junior coaching and that youth facilities were for those on the youth team (trained by your youth/u18/u19/etc coaches).

As did I until recently, but no.  Confirmed by SI - both Junior Coaching and Youth Facilities affect newgen quality, whereas all the actual squads use your Training Facilities.

There's some ambiguous text in game which has been flagged for change and relabelling "Youth Facilities" as "Junior Facilities" might also be prudent.

@herne79, you say recently, but how recently - does this still hold true? 

Seb's post there was a simple and easy to understand, especially for someone like me. I don't tend to really care too much about the finer points in training etc. I upgrade what I can without worrying too much about what specifically it affects. :D

15 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

you say recently, but how recently - does this still hold true? 

August 16th was seb's advice to me, so more recent and contradicts that quote above.

@Seb Wassell can you please confirm?  The above quote from you says Youth Facilities helps determine rate of CA gain for Youth Teams, whereas Training Facilities helps with rate of CA gain for Senior Teams. 

However, in our more recent discussions you advised Youth Facilities are for the Juniors and so forms part of newgen quality with Training Facilities being shared by both Youth and Senior squads.  Cheers.

• SI Staff
6 hours ago, herne79 said:

August 16th was seb's advice to me, so more recent and contradicts that quote above.

@Seb Wassell can you please confirm?  The above quote from you says Youth Facilities helps determine rate of CA gain for Youth Teams, whereas Training Facilities helps with rate of CA gain for Senior Teams. 

However, in our more recent discussions you advised Youth Facilities are for the Juniors and so forms part of newgen quality with Training Facilities being shared by both Youth and Senior squads.  Cheers.

To clear this one up:

Training Facilities
The training facilities available for all visible players at the Club, senior and youth. The quality directly impacts upon player progression and training injuries.
Youth Recruitment
The Club’s recruiting of Juniors, those of home and foreign origin. Impacts upon newgen quality.
Youth Facilities
The facilities available for Juniors only. Impacts upon newgen quality.
Junior Coaching
The quality and quantity of Junior Coaches at the Club. Impacts upon newgen quality.

"Impact upon newgen quality" = both CA and PA.

"Juniors" = invisible pre-newgen aged players.

I have edited my previous post to remove statements that are misleading.

Ah interesting.  There's less of a clear dilineation of "This helps only PA, this helps only CA" stuff as well which I'm fine with.  It was an assumption that worked and fit for how a video game might split things up, but nice to know that my continued improvements in youth recruitment and youth facilities will see me bring in potentially better PA players kids as well!

Thanks Seb!

• 3 months later...
On 9/1/2017 at 16:17, Seb Wassell said:

To clear this one up:

Training Facilities
The training facilities available for all visible players at the Club, senior and youth. The quality directly impacts upon player progression and training injuries.
Youth Recruitment
The Club’s recruiting of Juniors, those of home and foreign origin. Impacts upon newgen quality.
Youth Facilities
The facilities available for Juniors only. Impacts upon newgen quality.
Junior Coaching
The quality and quantity of Junior Coaches at the Club. Impacts upon newgen quality.

"Impact upon newgen quality" = both CA and PA.

"Juniors" = invisible pre-newgen aged players.

I have edited my previous post to remove statements that are misleading.

Can we confirm that this information is applicable to FM18? Still the old consensus seems to prevail about what each means. Hopefully bumping this thread can help that if more can see it.

• SI Staff
14 hours ago, wearesporting said:

Can we confirm that this information is applicable to FM18? Still the old consensus seems to prevail about what each means. Hopefully bumping this thread can help that if more can see it.

Confirmed.

• 1 year later...

Even if i love upgrade youth facilities, i have to say that on my experience in medium-low Rep nation is almost useless upgrade them and It is better upgrade training. 

By the time you gained money to upgrade youth facilities, your team become stronger than level of your nation and even with top youth facilities you get young a very very little stronger then ones you get at start. 

In a Save, in 30years in hungarian league, i get only 2 players for first team and i think 10 stronger than ones i had at start.

4 hours ago, Martini said:

Can we get this clarification in game?, youth facilities should be renamed like recruiting facilities or something.

Why? It's the facilities for the likes of the u12s to u16s, before you get pulled up into the proper u18s/19s and above.

I do think they could/should be renamed, so there are three 'bands'.

Junior - everything that impacts pre-newgens

Youth - impacts youth squads, u18s/u19s/u20s/u23s

Senior - First team

You can still shuffle players around,m so they are training with the Senior and playing for the youths.

• 1 month later...

I always think about the training facilities like real training facilities where all my teams train (field, gym, equipment etc.) and about the youth facilities like the building/rooms where junior players from other towns/countries sleep, the place where they eat, what I can offer them throughout their junior years (clothes, stuff for school, football kits etc.).

Junior Coaching personality has impact for youths. I am always searching for Professional, Model Professional, Model Citizen, Perfectionist. If I don't find a proper one with that personality then Fairly Professional or Balanced. Nothing less.

Also, I have in my contracts the philosophies: "Develop Youngsters..." and "Sign Young Players..." This helps, when the club has money to upgrade facilities without question. Instead of spend money of 27 years old player; I am promoting one from U18.

Contracts: Hot Prospect with 1 or 2 CA star and 4 or 5 star PA. Youngster the rest. Hot Prospect has minimum release clause.

I had one young at 16 year with 2 stars CA / 5 star PA. In two years he turned to be my first team with 4/5 star CA. Bayern Munich was asking for 3 mil (what a joke) and release clause was 15.000.000. He end up to PSG. Club invest that money for training and youth facilities (again). Not bad.

Archived