New Football Manager 2009 Screenshots Released

SEGA has made a release of new screenshots of the long awaited 3D match engine, and few (but very simular) screenshots from other aspects of the game.

You can find the new screenshots here:

Screenshots from 3D match engine: http://www.fmfreaks.dk/index.php?topic=17161.msg535894topicseen#msg535894

Other screenshots: http://www.fmfreaks.dk/index.php?topic=17163.msg535887;topicseen#msg535887

Best regards.

I wonder if the shadow on the pitch will change depending on the stadium. That would at least give each stadium a little personality. Also if the stadium has a roof hopefully it shows no shadow at all.

I hope when you play at home the shadow does not keep changing, that would mean that roof keeps changing.

I didn't realise how in depth the PPM's were. This could be one of the best additions this year. It relates to tactics as well of course, which is quality. I just hope they have added more player interaction as well. Like being able to comment on his performance face to face, not just to the media.

Given the absence of advertising hoardings, I reckon this is still a pretty early version. The models and textures look pretty rough and I'm sure they'll be vastly improved upon in the final release.

The screenshots on that website must be old, below is a more updated version of a match screenshot

widok3dv2ub2.jpg

If you think about it, even games like FIFA and PES have to have a limited number of animations, but no-one worries about them becoming repetitive. I don't think it will be an issue.

Glad the stadia shadows have gone in the more recent code, it was a bit strange with nothing casting them.

Kinda off-topic but did anyone else notice that the next CM has an almost identical 3d match mode for 09? And they pushed the release date till april ... makes me wonder if there was some corporate spying going on and they felt they had to keep up with the FM folks :)

Archived