Hawk1nZ

New Football Manager 2009 Screenshots Released

59 posts in this topic

SEGA has made a release of new screenshots of the long awaited 3D match engine, and few (but very simular) screenshots from other aspects of the game.

You can find the new screenshots here:

Screenshots from 3D match engine: http://www.fmfreaks.dk/index.php?topic=17161.msg535894topicseen#msg535894

Other screenshots: http://www.fmfreaks.dk/index.php?topic=17163.msg535887;topicseen#msg535887

Best regards.

welcome to the forums

They are sexy!

Thank you. I have been here for years though, but without posting ;)

hm Paul Gerrard availible on a free at the start of the game? WOuld make a good LLM buy i hope

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG...what else can I say? Wow!

Thank you. I have been here for years though, but without posting ;)

okay then- welcome to writing on the forums

They look excellent. 10x better than the screenshots released on the 3rd of September.

What language is that site? Where did them screenshots come from anyway...I mean how did that person who posted on that forum get them?

What language is that site? Where did them screenshots come from anyway...I mean how did that person who posted on that forum get them?

The site is in Danish, and the screenshots were released on SEGAs website.

I'm delighted that you can unlearn PPMs as well as learn them.

The site is in Danish, and the screenshots were released on SEGAs website.

Is there a link to the Sega site where the screenshots are anyone? That Danish site irritates.

have a will..can you post an image with the international competititions? i would like to see if other comps were included...

NIcer screenshots, but isnt it's strange that you have stadium shadow of the roof on the pitch, but no stadium to see :/

I wonder if the shadow on the pitch will change depending on the stadium. That would at least give each stadium a little personality. Also if the stadium has a roof hopefully it shows no shadow at all.

I wonder if the shadow on the pitch will change depending on the stadium. That would at least give each stadium a little personality. Also if the stadium has a roof hopefully it shows no shadow at all.

I hope when you play at home the shadow does not keep changing, that would mean that roof keeps changing.

I hope we can turn on AA and AF - be course those screen shots looks horrible

Nice screenshots overall. The 3D looks a bit rough and could use some anti-aliasing, especially on the stand shadows. The stand shadows look a bit annoying too. The PPM's look really cool.

i hope there not the screens of the match engine the way it will be in the real game as the benches are emty there should be players on it.

i hope there not the screens of the match engine the way it will be in the real game as the benches are emty there should be players on it.

The match screenshots may have been a friendly where no subs were picked :D

Does anyone know when the 3D is going to be in HD? That is High Definition.

how`s the logos and the badges are available in the game.Fm dnt have the license for the coca cola championship.

I didn't realise how in depth the PPM's were. This could be one of the best additions this year. It relates to tactics as well of course, which is quality. I just hope they have added more player interaction as well. Like being able to comment on his performance face to face, not just to the media.

how`s the logos and the badges are available in the game.Fm dnt have the license for the coca cola championship.

Yeah they do, check out FM08 man, they are all in there, IIRC only the EPL aint got the logos

Theres a huge bug everyone has missed. Hogan Epraim is glad that Peter Ramage has joined the club! ;)

Ramage is shocking and cant even pass wind properly. Any pro should haave dreaded him signing for their team.

mmmmm looks a bit ropey, lets hope that it can be sharpened up to look neater. The shadow looks like it could get annoying too. I'll wait to see the demo though before making a call on it.

Given the absence of advertising hoardings, I reckon this is still a pretty early version. The models and textures look pretty rough and I'm sure they'll be vastly improved upon in the final release.

Given the absence of advertising hoardings, I reckon this is still a pretty early version. The models and textures look pretty rough and I'm sure they'll be vastly improved upon in the final release.

The screenshots on that website must be old, below is a more updated version of a match screenshot

widok3dv2ub2.jpg

What a relief, the graphics are alot better.

And i'm glad to see you can ask players to "unlearn" PPM's.

I think i've read somewhere that they'll be 100 animations in this version of the game. Will SI be able to add more animations in patches? or is that it until the next version? I just hope the animations dont become repetitive, otherwise I'll switch back to the 2D.

If you think about it, even games like FIFA and PES have to have a limited number of animations, but no-one worries about them becoming repetitive. I don't think it will be an issue.

Glad the stadia shadows have gone in the more recent code, it was a bit strange with nothing casting them.

So...we now know that we can "unlearn" preffered moves and that you have percentage of workload training dedicated to learning new position and learning preffered moves. Nice ;)

How good does the 3D look...outstanding!!!

yes it looks brilliant i hope it works that way also

Glad the ref is wearing black in the most recent screenshot...the bright green from the other ones was :thdn:

Kinda off-topic but did anyone else notice that the next CM has an almost identical 3d match mode for 09? And they pushed the release date till april ... makes me wonder if there was some corporate spying going on and they felt they had to keep up with the FM folks :)

what are PPM's?

Player preferred moves

In fm09 we can tell players to stop or learn preferred moves