Sports Interactive Community
Tim Pipilos

Club merging

I think you have to do it the long way. Edit the first club to incorporate the second, remove and staff, players and stadiums from the second club (not doing this could lead to a crash) then delete the second club. Then you will have to either go into the division the second club was in and change the minimum number of clubs (because there is now one less) or shift one club up from each of the divisions all the way to bottom. The bottom division will also need one don't forget, though. If there are no divisions below it at all then you need to find a club listed as playing in A Lower League and add them, or possibly create one or see if you can find a B-team or reserve team to play there, if not create one.

Don't forget, if you add the players from the second club to the first then you will need to bare in mind the inflated wage cost. In terms of finances you not only get to add the second club's balance to the first club's but you can imagine that the second club sold their ground, thus generating even more money. If the second club's players are under contract you could always keep them and then undertake a massive sell off of the players that you don't want and create quite a bit of money that way.

Its something I tried a few years ago with with Margate and Ramsgate from Kent in England. In real life they have discussed merger many times. The obvious new name would be Thanet, which is the local area that they both come from within Kent. Truth be told there's not a lot of benefit in it for either of them as neither club is very rich and Ramsgate (the smaller club) don't have many fans to add to the Margate fans. The only benefits would be (1) symbolism, what with there being one true team of Thanet and (2) selling Ramsgate's ground to property developers which would maybe generate a few million pounds. In the end it didn't make enough of a different to Margate and so I lost interest.

Lots of English and Scottish clubs have discussed the possibility of a merger. Bristol City and Bristol Rovers, Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday, Dundee and Dundee United.

Another interesting merger that didn't happen but that would have been fascinating was VVV Venlo in the Netherlands, they were in exciting talks with local rivals MVV, Fortuna Sittard and Roda to form Limberg FC or Sporting Limburg. It failed when the local government refused to help cancel the debts of Sittard & Roda.

You are better adding them as a B or C team. 

This is a lot easier -

17 hours ago, Pow4FM said:

This is a lot easier -

First of all, I don't speak very well english but, according to me, user Tim Pipilos wanted Club A + Club B = Club C; instead, the video you have posted allows to create second and third team as Barcelona B that is a different thing ;)

On 9/29/2017 at 17:17, PaMi 7 said:

First of all, I don't speak very well english but, according to me, user Tim Pipilos wanted Club A + Club B = Club C; instead, the video you have posted allows to create second and third team as Barcelona B that is a different thing ;)

Hence why I said -

On 9/28/2017 at 23:12, Pow4FM said:

This is a lot easier -

Creating a new club on the editor is much more difficult hence why I provided an alternative. From what Tim has asked I gather he probably doesn't have much experience with the editor...

On 3/10/2017 at 08:36, Pow4FM said:

Hence why I said -

Creating a new club on the editor is much more difficult hence why I provided an alternative. From what Tim has asked I gather he probably doesn't have much experience with the editor...

I know because you told this and your solution is easier but his question is different and so I told that but only for information ;)