Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
alexcmann

Team cohesion hierarchy

Does anyone know the full range of team cohesion outcomes as described on the assistant manager's team talk feedback? Have done a google, search of the forums, key threads etc. and can't see anything. According to mine it is currently "good" but I'm sure that sits within a hierarchy and there are others above it. Thanks for any help!

A) our current players have not yet achieved a good understanding.

B) our current players are blending well together.
C) our current players have developed a good understanding.
D) our current players have developed a strong understanding.
E) our current players have developed a very strong understanding.
F) our current players are willing to die for each other.

In my opinion it's more important than, tactical familiarity.

General training of "team cohesion" and match training of "teamwork" speeds up the players understanding.

I believe that if you want to reach to the level that your players are going to "die for each other on the pitch", it might take few season (depending the amount of players you bring/sign to your club).

Maybe the context changed but the concept is the same.

Edited by MHovel

2 hours ago, MHovel said:

General training of "team cohesion" and match training of "teamwork" speeds up the players understanding.

Match Training of Teamwork provides a small boost to Teamwork (attribute) for your players for the next match only.

General Training of Team Cohesion determines how well your players gel (blend) together which is a match engine modifier.

I always just assumed that the way to get a squad of players willing to die for each other is longevity, success, and personal relationships. The first two is easy enough to obtain, keep the same players and win things. The third sometimes come naturally, but quire often, I manufacture it with tutoring as well.

I have no idea if it actually helps with team cohesion though. Just my intuition.

13 hours ago, MHovel said:

A) our current players have not yet achieved a good understanding.

Isn't the very first level "our current players are some way short of operating as a unit"?
Or is it similar to this?

11 hours ago, herne79 said:

Match Training of Teamwork provides a small boost to Teamwork (attribute) for your players for the next match only.

General Training of Team Cohesion determines how well your players gel (blend) together which is a match engine modifier.

Stupid question. 

For physical attributes, it becomes more difficult to improve when players are over 23. 

Is it the same for teamwork? 

1 hour ago, JavierChicharito14 said:

Stupid question. 

For physical attributes, it becomes more difficult to improve when players are over 23. 

Is it the same for teamwork? 

Generally speaking the rate at which any attributes grow may decrease as players age and reach different levels of ability.  However bear in mind that all players are different and have their own rates of progression, so there will always be exceptions.

2 hours ago, ilkork said:

Isn't the very first level "our current players are some way short of operating as a unit"?
Or is it similar to this?

I didn't encounter this on FM17, but in the previous FM's I encounter the way i typed.

I typed that maybe the context changed, I meant the text of the AM feedbacks, not context.

sorry for my English

15 hours ago, MHovel said:

Maybe the context changed but the concept is the same.

13 hours ago, herne79 said:

When I point my mouse cursor on the "Teamwork" under match preperation it indicates that: "Training will be focuses on improving team cohesion and understanding on the field."

I was digging a lot long time ago, nothing mentioned about teamwork attribute improving (which does make sense that teamwork attribute would improve), or teamwork boosts only for the next match (the only things mentioned is a lot of is a mix of different information).

And btw, what do you call teamwork boost just for the next match? that means, match preparation on teamwork won't improve the players understanding for the 2nd match 3rd, 4th etc...?

can we get some clarifications from SI staff? because it might be possible that me, you or we are both wrong, we are not the developers after all, and my post based on my logical prespective only.

1 hour ago, MHovel said:

When I point my mouse cursor on the "Teamwork" under match preperation it indicates that: "Training will be focuses on improving team cohesion and understanding on the field."

I was digging a lot long time ago, nothing mentioned about teamwork attribute improving (which does make sense that teamwork attribute would improve), or teamwork boosts only for the next match (the only things mentioned is a lot of is a mix of different information).

And btw, what do you call teamwork boost just for the next match? that means, match preparation on teamwork won't improve the players understanding for the 2nd match 3rd, 4th etc...?

can we get some clarifications from SI staff? because it might be possible that me, you or we are both wrong, we are not the developers after all, and my post based on my logical prespective only.

Match Preparation provides a small boost to the area selected for the next match only.  It does not improve things for the 2nd/3rd/4th match. 

So if you select Defending Set Pieces for example, your team will get a slight boost during the next match when you defend corners and free kicks; if you select Defensive Positioning your players get a small boost to Decisions and Positioning;  if you select Teamwork your players get a small boost to Teamwork; and so on .  The exception here is Match Tactics - select that to improve tactical familiarity.

I agree the wording of Teamwork under Match Prep might sound a bit ambiguous and could perhaps be worded differently.

Team Cohesion is a totally different thing and affects a separate match engine modifier that goes by the name of "Blend".  Blend defines how well your team have gelled together and the way you improve that is by selecting Team Cohesion under General Training.

That's all direct from SI, not me or my observations :thup:.

Thank you for clarifying this.

There is a lot of misinformation in the net, it's driving me crazy (for someone who read and tries to still understand the game).

I'm wondering why there is no proper guide. it's not about formation or tactic which as a manager you should explore yourself, it's about the game feature.

really annoying, but i already drank a cold water.

Thanks again. :brock:

16 minutes ago, MHovel said:

There is a lot of misinformation in the net, it's driving me crazy (for someone who read and tries to still understand the game).

I'm wondering why there is no proper guide

Still a little way off, but currently being worked on :).

23 hours ago, MHovel said:

In my opinion it's more important than, tactical familiarity.

They are linked. They both feed into team blend.

On 8/29/2017 at 15:44, MHovel said:

Man, I'm tired of all this misinformation too...

Please someone tell these guys to upgrade their guides: http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/training/match-preparation-training
matchprep_edited.thumb.png.a302b3dd6dd7dd758b3db8d74ad14876.png

Edited by ilkork

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 23:06, herne79 said:

Yeh totally sympathise.  Most of these "guides" can contain some useful information but unfortunately can sometimes also contain conjecture or personal opinion which (erroneously) gets taken as fact.

Something we're looking to address and will release as soon as it's ready.

I'd not realised that 'teamwork' match training was not a cumulative thing until this thread.

Something of a problem though where the in game text explicitly states that it affects team cohesion (a general training category) if it's not actually the case.

7 hours ago, Andy-D said:

I'd not realised that 'teamwork' match training was not a cumulative thing until this thread.

Something of a problem though where the in game text explicitly states that it affects team cohesion (a general training category) if it's not actually the case.

Yeh the wording can be ambiguous, as can using the term "cumulative".

Team Cohesion (General Training) helps your squad gel together.  How that progresses is defined by feedback such as "our players are blending well together" and so on.  But there is a limit to that, a cap "our players will die for each other".  Once they reach this point, keeping General Training set to Team Cohesion is a waste.

Teamwork (Match Prep) gives a small boost to Teamwork for the next match only.  So each player's Teamwork attribute gets a slight boost.  But what is "Teamwork"?  It's how each player may function as part of a unit which might also be defined (and here's the ambiguity) as how "cohesively" the players work together.  So similar sounding but functionally different.

I don't know where the "cumulative" term has come from, I can only assume someone somewhere has read the descriptions and thought "this all sounds similar, must be the same and have a cumulative effect" or something like that.