Clear Offside - video included

Really not sure if this is the right place for this (saw match engine bugs forum is closed) and frankly, there seems little point this close to the end of FM17!

But, Miles said to post on the forum with video of a blatant offside, and I have the footage on my YouTube  video.

As I say, unsure if this is the right place so if anyone can direct me properly or if it's too late in the lifecycle, please delete the thread any mod reviewing!

Video link

1 hour ago, danthemanwhocan said:

I think think would fall into the realistic category. Linesman/women do makes mistakes, even obvious ones. 

I agree, it does happen in real life so is bound to happen in game as well :)

3 hours ago, Barside said:

What time in the clip is the incident?

Around 1-2 minutes in, I would cut it and put it on another video, but I agree with the other replies that it is just an error, rather than a bug - just expected some of my defence to put a hand in the air!

10 hours ago, playstoke said:

Really not sure if this is the right place for this (saw match engine bugs forum is closed) and frankly, there seems little point this close to the end of FM17!

But, Miles said to post on the forum with video of a blatant offside, and I have the footage on my YouTube  video.

As I say, unsure if this is the right place so if anyone can direct me properly or if it's too late in the lifecycle, please delete the thread any mod reviewing!

Video link

Just wanted to say, that i watch the vid and subscribed - been looking for some other FM vids to watch and you seem an easy listen :thup:

1 hour ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

Just wanted to say, that i watch the vid and subscribed - been looking for some other FM vids to watch and you seem an easy listen :thup:

Oh cheers mate, that's great stuff.

For anyone else who's viewed the video, I apologise for the rant, the mute button is your friend!

1 hour ago, playstoke said:

Around 1-2 minutes in, I would cut it and put it on another video, but I agree with the other replies that it is just an error, rather than a bug - just expected some of my defence to put a hand in the air!

There could still be a bug, if the game didn't react to there being an bad offside call it would suggest the ME code has it as a correct decision.

2 hours ago, playstoke said:

Sure sometimes there are mistakes by referees but assuming that you are talking about the first incident which Vardy scores, the ball seemed it may be coming off the defender to me. Commentator says Juanpi crosses (more like a shot), ball changes direction hitting the Stoke defender and Vardy scores. Maybe that's why it wasn't considered an offside. Watching from a different angle might be helpful.

It is more obvious when played in normal speed. Maybe i am totally wrong i don't know.

Archived