FM18 - What career are you planning?

Coventry City for a 'rebuild a fallen giant' game, probably my first for the beta to get to grips with stuff.

Darlington for a hometown game.

A promoted BSN/S side for a long term, journeyman game. Usually wait until after the Jan transfers for this though as I keep this file going until the next installment.

Probably a mid-lower Prem game too just to see how the other half live. Usually don't my attention beyond 3/4 seasons though.

Dont know with what i start with but im thinking of

- Journeyman

- 5th Tier Iceland

- Battling New-Zealand with A Team form the Cook Islands

- 3rd Tier in Georgia

- Or Ajax Trying to develop a lot of youth players 

I really fancy doing a save with Rayo Vallecano, especially as there's now some reading material that's relevant to them and would give me some more knowledge of them other than what I obtained during the Paco Jemez years.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Working-Class-Heroes-Vallecano-Forgotten-ebook/dp/B07675WCP1/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508686158&sr=8-1&keywords=Rayo+Vallecano

There's also a chapter in the excellent European Game by Daniel Fieldsend dedicated to them.

Starting off with Dundee FC, can I get them playing the Barcelona/Ajax way that the owner wants? Well, in my first 5 matches, I have 15points :) Going well so far! Joint top with Celtic.  

• 2 months later...
On 20/10/2017 at 14:10, CFuller said:

I'm actually planning a Shrewsbury career for FM19, to mark the 20th anniversary of my first experience with CM/FM.

Shrewsbury were the first club I ever managed, in the CM3 demo (I chose them at random). Of course, being an 8-year-old who had no idea about tactics, I lost every single game with the Shrews, but I've been hooked on the franchise ever since. :D

My first save was with United, my idealistic 424 thumped teams that were worse than top 6

Incase your wondering I got spanked by the top 6

Start in English Football league Two. Make my way to the Premier league (changing clubs allowed) and try to win the league. Then after winning the league, stay for one more season before moving abroad to have a crack at a new league.

My aim in FM18 is to see how many league titles from different leagues I can accumulate before FM19 is released.

I started with Coventry, getting them to the Championship in two seasons. I then moved onto Leeds season and a half) and then on to Liverpool, where I have just won the league and European Cup in my 2nd full season with them. I'm just in the process of finishing off my last season at Anfield before I head off into the sunset looking for an overseas challenge. 

Archived