I've read the following from @Cleon's thread: https://community.sigames.com/topic/342402-the-long-term-approach-squad-building-and-development/

On 11/26/2016 at 07:22, Cleon said:

Look at it like this (numbers aren't accurate but to give you a general idea) when you use general training and set it as balance all attributes have equal emphasis so have the same chance to improve across the board. When you select fitness for example this changes things and means that Acceleration, Agility,Balance, Jumping, Natural Fitness, Pace, Stamina, Strength, Workrate all have a greater chance of improving than the rest of the attributes due to being worked on much harder than any attributes. Even if you've added a role training or individual attribute focus, those attributes that come under the general fitness umbrella still have higher focus. So if you use fitness lets say the emphasis figure is 75%. That means the rest of the attributes have 75% less focus on them than normal so are only being trained at 25% of normal intensity. If you then add a role training to it and an individual attribute focus the values would be something like 75% fitness attributes, 5% individual attribute, 20% role training. But if you did it with a balanced general training option it would be more like 5% individual attribute focus, 95% role training as there is no emphasis on anything else.

So, is it possible to get the exact figures, the percentages (%)?

In the following examples, let's assume that the player is Natural at AMR-Winger. Player Trait (player preferred move) doesn't take CA points, but it does get its percentage (%), if enabled.

A. The "Balanced" Approach.

1) General Training-Main Focus: Balanced----------Position/Role Training: None (you leave it empty, AM (R) - Playing Position)----------Additional Focus:
None----------Player Trait: None
2) General Training-Main Focus: Balanced----------Position/Role Training: None (you leave it empty, AM (R) - Playing Position)----------Additional Focus:
None----------Player Trait: Yes

3) General Training-Main Focus: Balanced----------Position/Role Training: None (you leave it empty, AM (R) - Playing Position)----------Additional Focus: Finishing----------Player Trait: None
4) General Training-Main Focus: Balanced----------Position/Role Training: None (you leave it empty, AM (R) - Playing Position)----------Additional Focus: Finishing----------Player Trait: Yes

5) General Training-Main Focus: Balanced----------Position/Role Training: AMR-Winger----------Additional Focus: None----------Player Trait: None
6) General Training-Main Focus: Balanced----------Position/Role Training: AMR-Winger----------Additional Focus: None----------Player Trait: Yes

7) General Training-Main Focus: Balanced----------Position/Role Training: AMR-Winger----------Additional Focus: Agility----------Player Trait: None
8) General Training-Main Focus: Balanced----------Position/Role Training: AMR-Winger----------Additional Focus: Agility----------Player Trait: Yes

9) General Training-Main Focus: Balanced----------Position/Role Training: AMR-Winger----------Additional Focus:
Crossing (an attribute that is already covered by the Position/Role Training)----------Player Trait: None
10) General Training-Main Focus: Balanced----------Position/Role Training: AMR-Winger----------Additional Focus:
Crossing (an attribute that is already covered by the Position/Role Training)----------Player Trait: Yes

B. The "Fitness" Approach.
(Obviously, it's the same for the other 4 training categories: Tactics, Ball Control, Defending, Attacking. I just chose Fitness for the example)

11) General Training-Main Focus: Fitness----------Position/Role Training: None (you leave it empty, AM (R) - Playing Position)----------Additional Focus: None----------Player Trait: None
12) General Training-Main Focus: Fitness----------Position/Role Training: None (you leave it empty, AM (R) - Playing Position)----------Additional Focus: None----------Player Trait: Yes

13) General Training-Main Focus: Fitness----------Position/Role Training: None (you leave it empty, AM (R) - Playing Position)----------Additional Focus: Technique----------Player Trait: None
14) General Training-Main Focus: Fitness----------Position/Role Training: None (you leave it empty, AM (R) - Playing Position)----------Additional Focus: Technique----------Player Trait: Yes

15) General Training-Main Focus: Fitness----------Position/Role Training: None (you leave it empty, AM (R) - Playing Position)----------Additional Focus: Stamina (an attribute that is already covered by the
General Training)----------Player Trait: None
16) General Training-Main Focus: Fitness----------Position/Role Training: None (you leave it empty, AM (R) - Playing Position)----------Additional Focus: Stamina (an attribute that is already covered by the
General Training)----------Player Trait: Yes

17) General Training-Main Focus: Fitness----------Position/Role Training: AMR-Winger----------Additional Focus: None----------Player Trait: None
18) General Training-Main Focus: Fitness----------Position/Role Training: AMR-Winger----------Additional Focus: None----------Player Trait: Yes

19) General Training-Main Focus: Fitness----------Position/Role Training: AMR-Winger----------Additional Focus: Long Shots----------Player Trait: None
20) General Training-Main Focus: Fitness----------Position/Role Training: AMR-Winger----------Additional Focus: Long Shots----------Player Trait: Yes

21) General Training-Main Focus: Fitness----------Position/Role Training: AMR-Winger----------Additional Focus: Balance (an attribute that is already covered by the
General Training)----------Player Trait: None
22) General Training-Main Focus: Fitness----------Position/Role Training: AMR-Winger----------Additional Focus: Balance (an attribute that is already covered by the
General Training)----------Player Trait: Yes

23) General Training-Main Focus: Fitness----------Position/Role Training: AMR-Winger----------Additional Focus: Dribbling (an attribute that is already covered by the
Position/Role Training)----------Player Trait: None
24) General Training-Main Focus: Fitness----------Position/Role Training: AMR-Winger----------Additional Focus: Dribbling (an attribute that is already covered by the
Position/Role Training)----------Player Trait: Yes

25) General Training-Main Focus: Fitness----------Position/Role Training: AMR-Winger----------Additional Focus: Stamina (an attribute that is already covered by the
General Training and Position/Role Training)----------Player Trait: None
26) General Training-Main Focus: Fitness----------Position/Role Training: AMR-Winger----------Additional Focus: Stamina (an attribute that is already covered by the
General Training and Position/Role Training)----------Player Trait: Yes

C. What about "Team Cohesion"?

27) General Training-Main Focus: Team Cohesion----------Position/Role Training: None (you leave it empty, AM (R) - Playing Position)----------Additional Focus: None----------Player Trait: None
28) General Training-Main Focus: Team Cohesion----------Position/Role Training: None (you leave it empty, AM (R) - Playing Position)----------Additional Focus: None----------Player Trait: Yes

29) General Training-Main Focus: Team Cohesion----------Position/Role Training: None (you leave it empty, AM (R) - Playing Position)----------Additional Focus: Composure----------Player Trait: None
30) General Training-Main Focus: Team Cohesion----------Position/Role Training: None (you leave it empty, AM (R) - Playing Position)----------Additional Focus: Composure----------Player Trait: Yes

31) General Training-Main Focus: Team Cohesion----------Position/Role Training: AMR-Winger----------Additional Focus: None----------Player Trait: None
32) General Training-Main Focus: Team Cohesion----------Position/Role Training: AMR-Winger----------Additional Focus: None----------Player Trait: Yes

33) General Training-Main Focus: Team Cohesion----------Position/Role Training: AMR-Winger----------Additional Focus: Positioning----------Player Trait: None
34) General Training-Main Focus: Team Cohesion----------Position/Role Training: AMR-Winger----------Additional Focus: Positioning----------Player Trait: Yes

35) General Training-Main Focus: Team Cohesion----------Position/Role Training: AMR-Winger----------Additional Focus: Off The Ball (an attribute that is already covered by the
Position/Role Training)----------Player Trait: None
36) General Training-Main Focus: Team Cohesion----------Position/Role Training: AMR-Winger----------Additional Focus: Off The Ball (an attribute that is already covered by the
Position/Role Training)----------Player Trait: Yes

I am probably asking for too much, but I would really like to know that information, since it has the potential to completely alter the way I choose to train my players.

PS. I am sorry for the headache all this might cause to you.

You can train a Focus, Position and Preferred Move if you wish to, but they will eat into each other's time, rather than into general training. Individual training does NOT come out of general training - it is added together to create an overall workload.

As for actual percentages SI don't disclose that kind of information as a rule. Remember the above was only an example, don't over think things :). It's probably wrong these days anyway or was never right to begin with.

56 minutes ago, Cleon said:

As for actual percentages SI don't disclose that kind of information as a rule.

Oh well.. And I spent quite some time to create it, I got the headache in the end!
Although, I am sure that if I head over to the Stupid Questions Thread and ask the question "How much time does my player spend in the following situation (in percentages(%)? General Training: Balanced---Role Training: AMR-Winger---Additional Focus: Agility---Player Trait: None", SI will definitely answer.

And tbh, it's not that bad to disclose such information. If I were to create the Training System for my FM video game, I would sure use "logical" percentages myself, I wouldn't need SI to copy them.
But, I want the best (if possible) development for my players, that's why I am asking.

1 hour ago, Cleon said:

Remember the above was only an example, don't over think things :).

Yeah, I've thought of that many times in the past, "it's stupid to spend so much time for a video game"...

But I still have some questions, so I'll head over to your thread and ask there :D.

Archived