Bizarre Appointment

I had just achieved promotion to League 1 with Notts County via the play-offs when i got a message in my inbox that Spain had offered me the job of manager of the national team!

I thought maybe Spain had had a spectacular fall from grace. But no, they had been knocked out in the quarter finals of the European Championships and are still ranked 8th in the World.

My nationality is Scottish and i've never shown any interest in international management.

In the interest of realism, i'm tempted to decline the offer but it sure is tempting after looking at their squad.

Has anyone else experienced a bizarre approach like this?

On 21/08/2017 at 22:26, johnhughthom said:

Whether these appointments are bizarre comes down to which reputation you started with, if it was one of the higher then they aren't bizarre at all.

Semi-pro. Considering China had been given the game's next World Cup and it's ambitions in Football an unknown manager would not get the job.

I was offered Norway which was a bit surprising given that my league successes were getting back to back promotions and a solid season in Premier League.  I did have a lot of success in India prior but it was pretty easy mode down there in a much lower quality league.

Archived