Star rating factors?

How reliable is a star rating of a player done by a solid scout (15/15 in the judging attributes)? Are there factors that could make him rate a player too low or too high? I have found a player that looks great, but the scout only gives him 2 solid stars. His attributes relevant to the position are from 14 to 17 mostly.

58 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

How good are the rest of the players in your squad?

At 2* the scout estimates he would be a rotation player for you, does that sound right?

No, first choice defender! I play HSV, if that matters. And the player is called Ondrej Mazuch. Interestingly, a Cb I sold, was held in higher regard, star-wise, despite having poorer mentals.

If he looks good but your squad isn't world class then it perhaps suggests he has a lower CA but the points have been used more effectively when converted to attributes.

I would guess he is probably heavily one footed and he can only play one position for a start.

39 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

If he looks good but your squad isn't world class then it perhaps suggests he has a lower CA but the points have been used more effectively when converted to attributes.

I would guess he is probably heavily one footed and he can only play one position for a start.

Correct. DC predominantly, Right Only. My CB-s are the weakest part of the team.

As others have said I find that the star rating is influenced by the player's actual CA.  If you were to edit the player and make him equally strong in both feet and competent at several positions, I wouldn't be surprised if the star rating went up somewhat.

That said, ultimately if he is getting the job done then I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Also some of the attributes (like Pace, in my experience) seem like they influence the CA rating a lot so if that is a bit lower than other players it might be making an impact.

Your scout might be slightly underestimating him because his reputation is a bit low. Based on his starting attributes he's a pretty nicely balanced defender who's fairly intelligent but a little slow, isn't likely to make any Best Defender in the Bundesliga lists but is definitely good enough to play in it. There's not a huge difference in ability between him and Mavraj (who I guess is the defender you sold) but I'd probably marginally prefer Mazuch too

34 minutes ago, alanschu14 said:

As others have said I find that the star rating is influenced by the player's actual CA.  If you were to edit the player and make him equally strong in both feet and competent at several positions, I wouldn't be surprised if the star rating went up somewhat.

That said, ultimately if he is getting the job done then I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Also some of the attributes (like Pace, in my experience) seem like they influence the CA rating a lot so if that is a bit lower than other players it might be making an impact.

If you made him equally strong in both feet and competent in several positions you would need to significantly increase his CA to keep his attributes at the same level as they are now.

Just now, Cougar2010 said:

If you made him equally strong in both feet and competent in several positions you would need to significantly increase his CA to keep his attributes at the same level as they are now.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. If you did that his star rating would probably go up, but he's probably not much better of a player depending on the role.  Just supplementing what others have said and something he can experiment with too.

35 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

Your scout might be slightly underestimating him because his reputation is a bit low. Based on his starting attributes he's a pretty nicely balanced defender who's fairly intelligent but a little slow, isn't likely to make any Best Defender in the Bundesliga lists but is definitely good enough to play in it. There's not a huge difference in ability between him and Mavraj (who I guess is the defender you sold) but I'd probably marginally prefer Mazuch too

No, I sold Djorou, because Mavraj has better mentals. Although, it is nice to know that my signing isn't an embarrassment.

Archived