Player persistently missing training.

My star player has missed training four times in 2 months. All because he's been spotted leaving clubs late in the evening and not bothered to turn up. I've fined him two weeks wages every time and he keeps doing it. I've never had a player do this to me so persistently. Is there anything more I can do other than keep fining him? Is there another option to tell him to stop being such a waster?

Ordinarily, I'd sell him, but he is the best player at the club.

Missing training is one thing, his performance on the pitch is something else entirely.  How's he playing?  If he's performing well on the pitch then let him have his parties.  If he isn't, carry on fining him and if no improvement then get rid.

Tutoring might also help if he meets all the criteria and you have someone suitable.

I'd send him packing even if he is doing fine when he turns up for matches, with the way FM works the risk of his negative behavioural traits creeping into the rest of the squad or worse the youth team is too great for me.

no one player is bigger than the club, i would get rid of him

fm does like 'punishing' you for wanting to actively do this, so i would suggest setting his transfer value at something reasonable without actually listing him for sale. this could improve the chances of some one bidding a reasonable amount (which shouldnt be hard if he is performing well).

obviously if you are nearing the end of a transfer window this may have to be changed, but depending on your date in game can get interest a lot easier mid season before other clubs generally start making bids

Average rating of 7.42 over the last five games with two goals in nine games. I don't have anyone to replace him with immediately, and because I play three central midfielders, I need all the numbers I can get. Annoyingly Liverpool bid £120m for him in the summer which I rejected. 

Its all a matter of taste, like in real life. Some managers are famous for tolerating such "characters" as long as they perform. Harry Redknapp comes to mind. He often brought in players with known reputations but pandered too them in such a way that they respected and liked Redknapp and rewarded him with stella performances on the pitch. Redknapp used to describe it as getting the player to "love his football" again. Other managers have zero tolerance for such behaviour and show the door to any player at the first sign of insubordination. Apparently Pochettino is a bit like this. Question his methods or fall below certain expected levels of professionalism and you're out of the team, out of the first team squad and out of the door quicker than you can say Baccardi Breezer.

What kind of manager are you?

On 8/20/2017 at 22:21, herne79 said:

Missing training is one thing, his performance on the pitch is something else entirely.  How's he playing?  If he's performing well on the pitch then let him have his parties.  If he isn't, carry on fining him and if no improvement then get rid.

Tutoring might also help if he meets all the criteria and you have someone suitable.

My first instinct was the same.  "Is it getting in the way of the football"

Archived