Winning the League- not getting promoted??

I am currently managing FC Koniz in Switzerland, and here is the table from my most recent season:

5997186eac5d0_Screenshot2017-08-1817_38_24.thumb.png.389fbef346bee547a67245185769ccd6.png

Only one team gets promoted from the Challenge League, and having fought my way to 1st place over the course of several years, imagine my dismay to find Zurich have gone up instead!

I can only assume that my facilities aren't up to scratch, although nowhere did I receive a warning of this. My stadium is 2,600 with 600 seated. Zurich's is 25,000 all seater. However looking at the Swiss Super League rules page, there is no minimum stadium requirement like there is for example in the European Cup. And I can't have failed FFP, I've had a net loss of £200,000 in 3 seasons.

This isn't an edited database- although Koniz start in the non-playable lower leagues, they gained promotion to the Challenge League in-game and I took them on from there.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Have you checked the league rules for your league and the higher league as you might have failed on a rule, though as far as I am aware stadium rules don't deny you promotion in FM. Also check your club history landmarks page as they lists when clubs fail FFP so it might tell you why you weren't promoted.

Do they have any special status such as being a B team or an Amateur only side as there might be restrictions on what league they can go into.

Though I seem to remember a issue someone else had a while ago where they were denied promotion and it was due to an affiliation link that couldn't see them promoted into the same league as their parent team, though not sure if the user could remove this link and then go up the next season or if it was a hardcoded link, though in either case that would be a bug in the game and if your had a save game from before you secure the title you could upload it into the bugs forum and SI could hopefully see why it's happened.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. There are no specified rules on the Swiss Super League page, but I do have a parent team in the division above. Basically, earlier in the save I managed Neuchatel Xamax, who are in the Super League on the game. While I managed them, I set up Koniz as a feeder club. Years later I resigned Xamax (still in the top flight) and a few months later took over Koniz (in the Challenge League), Xamax now being my parent club. I wonder if because I caused this link through my actions, not the game's computer, it made it an issue?

It'd still be nice though if in pre-season expectations meeting I had a warning, something like: "The board would like to inform you that even if you win the title this season, promotion cannot be achieved due to the affiliation with Neuchatel Xamax". Or even once I'd won the thing with 2 games to go.

Unfortunately I'm on a rolling save so have moved on from this situation and don't have a copy pre-title win. Following this, I made a couple of reasonable board requests for the new season (considering I'd just won Koniz's first ever trophy in their history 96 years after they formed, I think I was entitled!), was rejected, leaked it to the press to get my way- instead I got fired! Going to see where the gravy train takes me now...

Archived