Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jonah Lomas

FMM 2016 - updates?

Hi there,

Just wondering if there are actually going to be any updates to the earlier versions to make them current?  I'm not sure why, but I just started a new game and I expected to see West Ham already at the Olympic Stadium and with an updated squad.

Then it occurred to me, that perhaps there won't actually be any updates, and I'll have to purchase a later version?

Cheers

Jonah

I'm still playing FMM16 too, since newer FMM 17 didn't gave any good reasons to spend another 7 euros to it. But strongly suspect that no more updates for FMM 17 let alone FMM 16! 

I've been playing CM/FM for 20 years and Im a huge fan of these games, but these mobile versions should see more updates and content. If FMM 18 is going to be another squad update with minor additions, its going to be a end of FM for me... I'm pretty sure phones could handle FM Touch these days easily

Pretty sure SI don't care about older versions once a new game is out. Head over to the fan site fmmvibe.com, maybe there's some unofficial content you can download. 

All annual sport games end their update cycle when the new game comes out.  FM, NFL Madden, FIFA, etc....  it's the nature of the beast.

Even if we wanted to update the game for future seasons (which would make no business sense at all and would probably lead to no game at all fairly rapidly), it doesn't fall under our licensing agreements.

Re FM Touch - only a small subset of tablets can handle this at present, it would have a hard time running on phones - let alone the wide spread of phones required to make a mobile game viable.