[SUGGESTION] Pay for own coaching course

oulzac

I just saw one of the coaches at my club is paying for his own course to get a license upgrade. But I don't have the option to do this. I can only ask the club if they will pay for one for me. Why can't I also use my own money to pay for one? Seems like I should be able to. I guess this falls in line with making it so we can do things with the money we earn.

I also like the idea some one posted of being able to save up money over your career and buy/take over a small club and be the owner/chairman.

From the stickied thread on this forum...

Unless of course it's a request for the game to become 'Football Chairman', allow the manager to spend their own money or to do any other task a Football Manager simply would never do. 

The last points won't happen obviously.  Paying for your own coaching course is slightly different though.  Probably not really fair that you can't do it but coaches can.  I guess it might be down to you being the manager, and they don't want you to necessarily be able to disappear off on a coaching course you self-funded.  Maybe just needs better communication as to the reason for rejection, not just "there's no money"

@forameuss Whilst I agree with the quote you've attached, it shouldn't become Football Chairman, nor should we be able to spend our own money in the game, but it would be nice to be able to do self-funded coaching courses. It would help with journeyman careers, or for people who start off at a tiny club who can't afford to pay for a course.

19 minutes ago, David_H1997 said:

@forameuss Whilst I agree with the quote you've attached, it shouldn't become Football Chairman, nor should we be able to spend our own money in the game, but it would be nice to be able to do self-funded coaching courses. It would help with journeyman careers, or for people who start off at a tiny club who can't afford to pay for a course.

The OP literally said...

I also like the idea some one posted of being able to save up money over your career and buy/take over a small club and be the owner/chairman.

Where he/she suggests being a chairman and spending your own money.  That's what I was referring to.  Then I talked about the coaching course part separately.  

I can understand them not wanting to get into the second part of my first post. But there is no reason we can't purchase are own coaching courses with money we've earned in the game.

• 3 months later...

Archived