Switching between Managers

Hi all,

This is something that I still havent managed to get my head around. If I am managing more than one club, and games are on the same day, same time, the game automatically chooses which game I manage first.

Is there no way to turn this feature off, or a way for me to CHOOSE which team I want to manage first, and last?

Cheers

No, what I meant was that I am managing different clubs with different managers in one single save. On old FM you could switch between whichever manager you wanted; whereas now, It almost seems a little random as to which team plays first when the games are on the same day, similar time...

I hope that made sense

(EDIT:) Ok, so far what I've noticed. An earlier time will mean that the club playing that earlier game will be the one you get to manager first.

However, I am managing AlAhly (custom Egyptian) and Melbourne Victory simultaneously. AlAlhy were playing super cup footy, and Melbourne FFA Cup. It was at the same time 19:30. I assume because it was a more important game? AlAlhy were the first to play and then Melbourne. No matter how I saved the game, or whatever I tried, I could never start first with Melbourne and then AlAhly.

Now I am playing with Melbourne and a third club i manage from a custom NZ league. Melbourne are meant to be playing at 21:00 and the NZ side at 19:30. I cannot start with Melbourne but NZ team first due to the NZ team being earlier in the day....

As I said above, the issue is that this takes the fun out of the game for me if I have to only manage one club per Save due to the issue of clashes (if we were to take reality into play, then Time Zones should play a bit part, ie Egypt and Australia are in different time zones!).

Thanks folks.

I remember on old FMs you could choose who goes first - this was particularly handy when we had a multiplayer game going, as we could all submit our team selections, then the last guy to submit could be the first guy to play, saving us from too much seat-swapping.  Or if one of us has to leave early, we would let him play first then the other guys would do their games and then save.

So it is a little frustrating that you can't switch this any more.

But if you are managing all the teams yourself, why does it really matter which team goes first?

Haha, yep, I remember those days.

I guess because I care about some teams more than others.

Seems a feature that didnt need to disappear. Hopefully they reintroduce this at some later FM.....

Have found some ways around this" select reserve or B teams + 19s and the timing may suit an earlier game. Save, then switch the B and 19s to assistant manager and you may not need to do much but use that team first :-)

Archived