Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
225C

Options when entering cup competitions?

I checked the staff responsibilities tab and couldn't find anything, but I was wondering if it's possible to decide what cup competitions your team enters, specifically before the season starts. I'm managing a lower league team and this past season we were automatically entered into four cup competitions. Two of these cup competitions were very low ranked/low prestige, and really only served to pile the fixtures on my squad without any real payoff. For instance, I wasn't entered into the FA Cup but most of the teams in my league were. Is there some way you can choose what competitons to enter/not enter, or is that decision made by the board?

39 minutes ago, 225C said:

I checked the staff responsibilities tab and couldn't find anything, but I was wondering if it's possible to decide what cup competitions your team enters, specifically before the season starts. I'm managing a lower league team and this past season we were automatically entered into four cup competitions. Two of these cup competitions were very low ranked/low prestige, and really only served to pile the fixtures on my squad without any real payoff. For instance, I wasn't entered into the FA Cup but most of the teams in my league were. Is there some way you can choose what competitons to enter/not enter, or is that decision made by the board?

The decision on what cup competitions to enter are not the managers decision, however if the board deem the competition not important, you can always give your squad players game time

I'm guessing you're using a custom database?

If so, and you're using a created team, it wont be entered into the FA cup until 3 years after the club founded date

23 hours ago, gunner86 said:

I'm guessing you're using a custom database?

If so, and you're using a created team, it wont be entered into the FA cup until 3 years after the club founded date

Oh ok, that clears it up then. You were right, just started our next season and low and behold we were entered into the FA Cup. Got immediately knocked out, but it was fun while it lasted!