Does level/standard of football affect a players CA/improvement in attributes

Short answer - yes.

Longer answer - the level of football (and your facilities) can affect both the amount of improvement and the rate at which players develop.  As @Seb Wassell likes to say, you're aiming for the "goldilocks" zone: put a player into matches that are too tough or too easy and it can affect his development, so try to involve him in matches that are "just right" (his player rating can be a basic guide).

So for example, put an 18 year old Messi into Shrewsbury Town and his rate of development will probably be much less than if you put him into Barcelona, because Shrewsbury's facilities, coaches and matches are at a lower level than Barcelona's.

• SI Staff

Worth adding to herne's information that a player only sees the benefit of playing matches at 18 years old or over (and that benefit is key to development), before that point it is all about training (facilities, coaches, etc.).

4 hours ago, herne79 said:

Short answer - yes.

Longer answer - the level of football (and your facilities) can affect both the amount of improvement and the rate at which players develop.  As @Seb Wassell likes to say, you're aiming for the "goldilocks" zone: put a player into matches that are too tough or too easy and it can affect his development, so try to involve him in matches that are "just right" (his player rating can be a basic guide).

So for example, put an 18 year old Messi into Shrewsbury Town and his rate of development will probably be much less than if you put him into Barcelona, because Shrewsbury's facilities, coaches and matches are at a lower level than Barcelona's.

If you kept a player in Barcelona B because they have good facilities would it stall His development a bit bcuz of level of football

The Top 2 Divisions of a country are the only leagues i will entertain for sending a player out if the player has genuine potential, anything lower down is a waste, if you are in a low league yourself, then i would just play him myself, also i never send them before their personality and determination are ready are at least 18 and have a current ability of 2 star

12 hours ago, Bilbaoboy said:

The Top 2 Divisions of a country are the only leagues i will entertain for sending a player out if the player has genuine potential, anything lower down is a waste, if you are in a low league yourself, then i would just play him myself, also i never send them before their personality and determination are ready are at least 18 and have a current ability of 2 star

Thank you for the advice

On 15/08/2017 at 23:31, Seb Wassell said:

Worth adding to herne's information that a player only sees the benefit of playing matches at 18 years old or over (and that benefit is key to development), before that point it is all about training (facilities, coaches, etc.).

Wait, WHAT? In 20 years I've never heard this. You're saying if you bring a 17 year old into the first team it's a complete waste of time????

I absolutely disagree with that. If i have a promising 17 or even 16 year old, i like to bring them in as early as possible, and have noticed an earlier bump in their abilities as a result. 

Archived