Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2018 Announcement

Recommended Posts

As football clubs across the globe are busy making their final signings of the summer, there’s one addition that every football fan needs in their squad… and we’re delighted to reveal that Football Manager 2018 will be ready for action on Friday, November 10th.

Anyone who pre-purchases Football Manager 2018 (for PC, Mac or Linux) through a SEGA approved digital retailer* will be given access to a fully-playable Beta version two weeks before the official release date. As in previous years, single player careers started in the Beta can be continued on in the full game.

In addition, fans who pre-purchase Football Manager 2018 (before Monday, October 9th) and have Football Manager 2017 in their Steam Library will receive a 'Contract Extension Bonus' discount of 25% off their purchase via Steam or the SEGA Store.

The first details of new features and updates in Football Manager 2018 will be revealed in late September through the Football Manager website, the official FM social media channels (including Twitter & Facebook) and here on the official SI Forums.

Also this year for the first time, all three versions of the game – Football Manager 2018 (PC, Mac and Linux), Football Manager Touch 2018 (PC, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android) and Football Manager Mobile 2018 (iOS and Android) will be released on the same day.

 

 

*Pre-release Beta is available from SEGA approved digital retailers only; please check here for an exhaustive list of digital retailers and more details as to what constitutes a SEGA approved retailer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No discount for those who got only FMT 17 in their library, wanting to preorder FMT 18?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No I'm afraid not. The discount is only for Football Manager 2018 for PC/Mac/Linux. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the list of compatible tablets the same for FM18 as it is for FM17?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi - I've preordered FM Touch 2018 and got an email with a 'redeem code' button. On clicking this I get my activation key - can I do anything with this yet given the game isn't out for a couple of months? Followed the instructions button to + add game in Steam, but it doesn't recognise my key.

Thanks

Rob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May I ask why there's isn't a 'Contract Extension Bonus' for FMT owners? Is it because getting FM17 gave away a free copy of FMT17 and Steam can't tell if you paid for FMT17 or not (or something similar)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's been no announcements for Fm Touch features yet, keep your eyes peeled for more info coming 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Dynamics going to be in FMT? Looking forward to more FMT specific news 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1.10.2017 at 18:11, Lucas Weatherby said:

There's been no announcements for Fm Touch features yet, keep your eyes peeled for more info coming 

Any idea when we might be seeing some news about FMT 18?

I mean there's now only less than a month to go till the release and we haven't heard anything or even know the devices (tablets) capable of running it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer to find out like the rest of you, so we will all have to wait and see about more news. :)

3 minutes ago, Seqw said:

I mean there's now only less than a month to go till the release and we haven't heard anything or even know the devices (tablets) capable of running it.

We won't know this until closer to release anyway I'm afraid, which is normal considering past releases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zak, please see my above post. I'd gather some closer to release, but there's no announced date for me to give you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/10/2017 at 14:25, Lucas Weatherby said:

Zak, please see my above post. I'd gather some closer to release, but there's no announced date for me to give you.

Thanks for the reply will fm touch also have a beta like full fm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/10/2017 at 11:26, zakbrown96 said:

Thanks for the reply will fm touch also have a beta like full fm?

Yes,

1 hour ago, Lashley said:

any features announced?

Nothing specifically mentioned re: FMT yet I'm afraid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Yes,

Nothing specifically mentioned re: FMT yet I'm afraid.

Damn, its really close to release too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three weeks to release date and no announcement of FMT features.  Do we have an idea or will we just have to play the demo to gauge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

Three weeks to release date and no announcement of FMT features.  Do we have an idea or will we just have to play the demo to gauge?

You do have an idea already, but perhaps its not as clear. 

Many of the features each year that are announced go into FMT in some form. Some are given tweaks to fit what we feel suits FMT gameplay, while others are left out - sometimes for gameplay reasons, others are more technical in their reasoning for not being added. For example you can expect to see most of the features announced in FMT in some form, except for Dynamics. You might not hear much on FMT specifics as the feature reveals are exactly that - features, so there may be times when there isn't anything specific that just FMT gets, rather it gets many of the other things already announced anyway.

I hope that helps and answered some of your questions. We'd like you to play the game to get a feel for FM Touch's feature set. :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Clarify one thing for me, please, the FMT version for PC has the same features as the version for IOS and Android?

Yes. The only differences on PC you will have is the possibility of removing nation and league restrictions as has been the case in FMT for years now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Yes. The only differences on PC you will have is the possibility of removing nation and league restrictions as has been the case in FMT for years now.

i'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping that is something that as changed for FMT18. Instead of having the 3 nation limit, and no league limit, we could have a league limit but with the possibility that each league were from a different nation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

You do have an idea already, but perhaps its not as clear. 

Many of the features each year that are announced go into FMT in some form. Some are given tweaks to fit what we feel suits FMT gameplay, while others are left out - sometimes for gameplay reasons, others are more technical in their reasoning for not being added. For example you can expect to see most of the features announced in FMT in some form, except for Dynamics. You might not hear much on FMT specifics as the feature reveals are exactly that - features, so there may be times when there isn't anything specific that just FMT gets, rather it gets many of the other things already announced anyway.

I hope that helps and answered some of your questions. We'd like you to play the game to get a feel for FM Touch's feature set. :thup:

Thanks @Lucas Weatherby, I'd kind of gathered as much but that is a great answer - I am looking forward to receiving the beta version, hopefully in about a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

You do have an idea already, but perhaps its not as clear. 

Many of the features each year that are announced go into FMT in some form. Some are given tweaks to fit what we feel suits FMT gameplay, while others are left out - sometimes for gameplay reasons, others are more technical in their reasoning for not being added. For example you can expect to see most of the features announced in FMT in some form, except for Dynamics. You might not hear much on FMT specifics as the feature reveals are exactly that - features, so there may be times when there isn't anything specific that just FMT gets, rather it gets many of the other things already announced anyway.

I hope that helps and answered some of your questions. We'd like you to play the game to get a feel for FM Touch's feature set. :thup:

Cheers. Any new additions to specifically FMT though? Like Editor, or more in depth youth teams?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lashley said:

Cheers. Any new additions to specifically FMT though? Like Editor, or more in depth youth teams?

I can't announce anything on the forum that hasn't already been announced in some form via official medium of the feature reveals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any news on the kind of tablets it will work on? About to get a new one but it must able to handle FMT ofcourse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's been nothing announce about FMT or FMM.

You have to wait for them, like the rest of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jelle33 said:

Any news on the kind of tablets it will work on? About to get a new one but it must able to handle FMT ofcourse

No - there will be a thread posted about compatible devices available when it's ready. 

We don't announce things via responses in threads, it will be done through proper channels. Please be patient it will come :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoy FMT but the lack of relase info and availability of features compared to full version does start to push me back more towards the fulk version of the game

 

Edited by Colorado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2017 at 00:15, Colorado said:

I enjoy FMT but the lack of relase info and availability of features compared to full version does start to push me back more towards the fulk version of the game

 

The new full FM features actually push me even more to FMT as I couldn't stand stuff like team dynamics. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I correct that if you preordered FMT 2018 for PC it will be able to play this Friday 27th, but as yet no details of whats in the game, changes, enhancements have been released yet, thats a big leap of faith for old and new FMT players. I have played FMT from 2016 and have always been pleased with it on Android, so I am hoping the PC version will have further enhancements. One thing I am hoping for is the option to watch the full game on the PC version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very happy with the way announcements worked this year for FM18. Less "Twitterish" -based, more videos and information.

However, I just want to say for the record, as an FMT (FM Classic) player since the beginning, I am wondering where the "love" is for us? No info whatsoever so far. There's lots of us (I don't know the statistics) who play FMT and we don't know what made it into FMT from the videos shown so far.

Tactics - very likely

Dynamics - unlikely

Scouting - very likely (in some capacity)

Match Day experience - likely (some parts)

Draft Mode - ? (no idea, don't play it)

Sport Science - unlikely (unless there is another staff role or it is build into the the Chief Scout role)

Football Intelligence - probably

/shrug

 

I have pre-ordered and am waiting for the beta and will play Full FM to see how all the new stuff works, but I would like to see and know what new stuff there is for FMT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd agree with everything bar scouting. The way scouting is set up in FMT is clearly to make it easier and more straightforward than in full FM (which I'm fine with). New scouting elements would just complicate things in FMT which beats the point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, tyro said:

I am very happy with the way announcements worked this year for FM18. Less "Twitterish" -based, more videos and information.

However, I just want to say for the record, as an FMT (FM Classic) player since the beginning, I am wondering where the "love" is for us? No info whatsoever so far. There's lots of us (I don't know the statistics) who play FMT and we don't know what made it into FMT from the videos shown so far.

Tactics - very likely

Dynamics - unlikely

Scouting - very likely (in some capacity)

Match Day experience - likely (some parts)

Draft Mode - ? (no idea, don't play it)

Sport Science - unlikely (unless there is another staff role or it is build into the the Chief Scout role)

Football Intelligence - probably

/shrug

 

I have pre-ordered and am waiting for the beta and will play Full FM to see how all the new stuff works, but I would like to see and know what new stuff there is for FMT?

+1

With now (hopefully) days till Beta comes out, i would have loved an FMTTV. Even if Mr Shouty just showed us a few screenshots. Still, all will be forgiven if  an FMT editor is sneaked in at the last minute. I'm not confident though.

Id take just a few new screens to show the info we needed for last year's new feature.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get FMT is a separate entity to FM but there wasn't a single piece of news or any direct reference to FMT in any of the pre release videos which have now concluded.

I'm a long term FM player who made the transition to FMT a couple of years ago and am disappointed with the fact it's been completely ignored so far.

There's not even been a 'sit tight for info coming up on 'FMT' which would have at least been a mention.

Don't like to criticise but it seems pretty poor and will leave people thinking FMT is an afterthought.

Another thing, when was the last time anyone from SI other than Lucas commented in here with any regularity btw?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Colorado said:

There's not even been a 'sit tight for info coming up on 'FMT' which would have at least been a mention.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for reply this just typifies what I mean, one very brief tweet which isn't even from the official game account.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their own website states a mid-October date for features on FMT so afraid they've missed that deadline...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AdyTaylor said:

Their own website states a mid-October date for features on FMT so afraid they've missed that deadline...

It's a bit shocking that the Touch (and Mobile) gamers have been ignored like this.

And I don't want to be to harsh (as it's only a game after all) but I've always felt that the communication by SI could be hugely improved.

 

And on another note as I'm most interested in getting fmt18 on my android tablet (pc/mac version being the backup plan), I'm a bit disappointed that this most likely means I won't have a chance to get Beta and therefore no preview of the actual game? 

Edited by Seqw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely if touch is going to be relelesed as a beta on pc it would have made sense to say by now what's in the game this year unless you are letting us all find out for ourselfs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was said that there would be news on the Touch-features ´mid-october´; ..Still haven´t seen any (?)

For example, it would be really nice to know whether there is a Editor with Touch this year (as many have requested).

- No need for me to buy the full version (only play Touch), unless it´s because of the Editor...

Hope you can give some info:)

Cheers

Edited by Toonrock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only a day until we can get our hands on the Beta, but I agree, it does feel like FMT is something of an afterthought. I assume the majority of users still play Sim mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toonrock said:

It was said that there would be news on the Touch-features ´mid-october´; ..Still haven´t seen any (?)

Well, technically I did reply in mid-October :brock:

It will come. 

15 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

Only a day until we can get our hands on the Beta, but I agree, it does feel like FMT is something of an afterthought. I assume the majority of users still play Sim mode.

The release information is much more about the Tablet versions rather than the PC version (which is given away for free with purchases of FM2018).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×