Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2018 Announcement

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, GS1981 said:

He wont say Friday because hes generating activity to his twitter by playing everyone.

...which benefits him how exactly? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's not generating activity.  There is still a chance for release today.  Just have to be patient and wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pompey1978 said:

...which benefits him how exactly? 

same way it would benefit anybody?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BayernMB said:

When you just can't wait...

 

:)

fm18.PNG

Been doing this pretty much once an hour the whole day.... You know, just in case....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet Miles and alikes in SI are just looking at this, with the Beta already done and enjoying themselves on us...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pompey1978 said:

...go on...?

attention, followers, blah blah, if you don't know how it works then you are new to the internet mate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GS1981 said:

He wont say Friday because hes generating activity to his twitter by playing everyone.

Yeah, 100%, what he needs right now, at the busiest point of his year, is loads of tweets to reply to.

FM is only a yearly game as Miles is paid in tweets, and it was the simplest way he could come up with to keep the dough rolling in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GS1981 said:

He wont say Friday because hes generating activity to his twitter by playing everyone.

But he already said that Friday was most likely, while today was possible...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GS1981 said:

attention, followers, blah blah, if you don't know how it works then you are new to the internet mate..

Ok, I see where you're coming from. Don't think it applies in this case, really don't think Miles gives a damn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pompey1978 said:

Ok, I see where you're coming from. Don't think it applies in this case, really don't think Miles gives a damn. 

Having met Miles a few times, I can confirm he's a straight-up guy who won't give a damn. Man of his word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he does when he gets offered double your money jobs when the dude has 1million followers and the amount he generates for SI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Yeah, 100%, what he needs right now, at the busiest point of his year, is loads of tweets to reply to.

FM is only a yearly game as Miles is paid in tweets, and it was the simplest way he could come up with to keep the dough rolling in.

The dripping sarcasm in this post is absolutely glorious. Fine work, sir. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, so that's why they hired someone else as Social Media Manager?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the new game going to include the feature where you click "View Draw" for the League Cup and then nothing happens for 2 hours? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GS1981 said:

I think he does when he gets offered double your money jobs when the dude has 1million followers and the amount he generates for SI.

Quite a lot of speculation there; not to mention he "only" has a still very respectable 75k followers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So home from work and fed, there is a job come up today with my name all over it - roll on the beta

Edited by Helpless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Miles hasn't tweeted for almost 15 mins now. Could he be in 'the meeting'? 

Neal isn't here either, it's just tea break time before back home after a hard working day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This would be the perfect time to release this, early evening the day before the 'deadline'. 

Although Miles jinxed it earlier by saying they'd never had a late beta in their history. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Miles hasn't tweeted for almost 15 mins now. Could he be in 'the meeting'? 

He's tweeting again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

This would be the perfect time to release this, early evening the day before the 'deadline'. 

Although Miles jinxed it earlier by saying they'd never had a late beta in their history. 

It is and since it's a beta any bugs found in it can be fixed by release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Feel free to tell them no decision has been made yet...' Miles, in response to a tweet about one of the retailers claiming the beta is definitely going live tonight.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spurs08 said:

So that seems to be three different retailers saying that now...

A domino effect, or no smoke without fire. 

YOU DECIDE!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen the FM twitter account tweet something and got so excited :lol:

I'm 29 ffs

Edited by Chris21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to sue that Danish retailer for moral injury if the beta doesn't come out tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, endtime said:

I'm going to sue that Danish retailer for moral injury if the beta doesn't come out tonight

that seems legit:cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

A domino effect, or no smoke without fire. 

YOU DECIDE!!

Is this all the retailers ganging up to force Miles' hand do we think?

Also, now I want a Dominos...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

This is because it's computer graphics and not real players. Hope this helps. 

Not really and is not should be an excuse. Another football games don't look this robotic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been a bit 'meh' about this years version, but now we're getting close i'm absolutely gagging for it. 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Just to let you know that SteamDB recorded another update 1 hour ago. 

 

And 114 lucky persons are playing it right now...

Edited by Viking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

worried about the download speed of the Beta , can anyone remember last year and what speeds it downloaded at? hopefully it can reach full speed with that many fans  pre purchasing the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FallenAng3l said:

worried about the download speed of the Beta , can anyone remember last year and what speeds it downloaded at? hopefully it can reach full speed with that many fans  pre purchasing the game

It'll be fine. Steam are used to handling far bigger releases than FM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FallenAng3l said:

worried about the download speed of the Beta , can anyone remember last year and what speeds it downloaded at? hopefully it can reach full speed with that many fans  pre purchasing the game

Steam can handle it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Altair said:

Not really and is not should be an excuse. Another football games don't look this robotic.

Other football games do not have such a complex match engine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant help but hyping myself every year. Even if I actively try not to. Cant concentrate on anything tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Altair said:

Not really and is not should be an excuse. Another football games don't look this robotic.

Others football games don't have many things that FM has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Altair said:

Not really and is not should be an excuse. Another football games don't look this robotic.

Would this be the other games with about 50 times the budget to spend on graphics? 

That's like you going to watch Macclesfield Town and complaining the players aren't doing tiki taka football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ill be crying if it releases tonight when im Sleeping :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Humbby said:

Ill be crying if it releases tonight when im Sleeping :( 

Crying in your sleep is quite impressive, however. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Humbby said:

Ill be crying if it releases tonight when im Sleeping :( 

Overnight would leave at work tomorrow with the clock going so slow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Would this be the other games with about 50 times the budget to spend on graphics? 

That's like you going to watch Macclesfield Town and complaining the players aren't doing tiki taka football. 

Not to mention a manager "mode" with less features than SI have added to this years game alone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Attempting to come up with viable excuse not to attend sisters wedding tomorrow if Beta releases tonight.

Struggling......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...