Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2018 Announcement

Recommended Posts

Just now, XaW said:

He just answered someone 1 minute ago, so unless he is tweeting in a meeting (zing!) then my guess is no....

Bah!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Miles hasn't tweeted for a while, and he did hint at the process being that he would decide, immediately let everyone at SI know, then call a meeting to discuss details of the announcement.  The optimistic part of my brain thinks he's having that meeting right this minute. :D

I like your thinking here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vonreichsm said:

i think the best against so guys like Pompey1978 is to ignore the comments.

Aye the old saying "don't feed the trolls" is often an apt one, but sometimes people like that need to be aware that they're not big or clever going on like bell-ends on a forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mate Chris just told me there's still a few issues to sort out before the Beta is made live.

Expect around 5pm tomorrow apparently.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miles replies as normal. He replied tomany seconds ago..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

My mate Chris just told me there's still a few issues to sort out before the Beta is made live.

Expect around 5pm tomorrow apparently.

 

Is this the same Chris that you posted about the other day? You said then it would be released Tuesday, so forgive me if I call B.S. on 'Chris'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, davehanson said:

Is this the same Chris that you posted about the other day? You said then it would be released Tuesday, so forgive me if I call B.S. on 'Chris'

Chris is a proper lad, but he's going through some stuff at home so not all the info is reliable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

My mate Chris just told me there's still a few issues to sort out before the Beta is made live.

Expect around 5pm tomorrow apparently.

 

My mate Peter Ian Staker says you are wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, davehanson said:

Is this the same Chris that you posted about the other day? You said then it would be released Tuesday, so forgive me if I call B.S. on 'Chris'

He didn't say that.

He texted me a ;)

That could mean anything

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ji-Sung Park said:

Chris is a proper lad, but he's going through some stuff at home so not all the info is reliable.

*right proper lad.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RTHerringbone said:

The ongoing debate about when the beta might drop never gets old, does it?

**** me. 🤐

it's so boring when someone who knows someone who knows someone from SI start "providing" inside info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My name is Chris, and I can safely say that I have absolutely no idea when the beta's coming out! :D (Not that it matters to me; I didn't pre-order)

15 minutes ago, vonreichsm said:

i think the best against so guys like Pompey1978 is to ignore the comments.

The Ignore List is your friend at times like these.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

So are they going to update the database to remove Pedro Caixinha?

:lol:

Not to your post, mind.  Just to the exploding clown car that is Rangers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That latest tweet showing the embedded images is a shocker - at least to the extent it is representative of the final idea.

Two consecutive 'tweets' showing embedded tickets, on tweets that don't relate to tickets at all. They don't even say 'excited for game' or anything. Also, from what I can tell from the picture the tweeters are going to have a bad time at the stadium as both tickets have the same serial number!

Will reserve full judgment until beta release, but the idea at least as far as it is displayed in the feature tweet is half-baked at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never understand why people get so irate when others speculate? It's all in good humour and fun. Almost like deadline day.

 

As CFuller says, ignore button is there. Or SI staff will act if they feel they need to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, andu1 said:

it's so boring when someone who knows someone who knows someone from SI start "providing" inside info

Agreed.

Chris agrees too.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pompey1978 said:

Congratulations, a big step in anyone's life.

Lol'd irl.

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yngsarge said:

what about a joke session!! 

what's the strongest thing in the sea?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A muscle

 

:| ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chris21 said:

I never understand why people get so irate when others speculate? It's all in good humour and fun. Almost like deadline day.

As CFuller says, ignore button is there. Or SI staff will act if they feel they need to.

My ignore list was already bursting at the seams before today.

Also, there seem to be too many Chrises around for my liking. I’m feeling rather unnerved. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

My mate Chris just told me there's still a few issues to sort out before the Beta is made live.

Expect around 5pm tomorrow apparently.

 

Well there might be some truth in this, it might go some way in explaining why no match videos have appeared

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Miles not happy with the Caixhina sacking...

 

 

miles2.JPG

Surely they could just update that Rangers sacking when the game goes from Beta to full? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye, I'm convinced it'll be tomorrow evening, especially as Miles has just tweeted that they haven't yet decided whether network games will be included in the beta. 

Get on with your lives folks, move along, nothing to see here. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mrdanbartlett said:

Surely they could just update that Rangers sacking when the game goes from Beta to full? 

The thing about nerds is that you have to let them be nerds, if not they don't work properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mrdanbartlett said:

Surely they could just update that Rangers sacking when the game goes from Beta to full? 

They won't update that in the beta.  Data is locked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Miles not happy with the Caixhina sacking...

 

 

miles2.JPG

Meanwhile all Rangers fans like myself dance with joy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, metallimuse said:

Meanwhile all Rangers fans like myself dance with joy.

...until they re-appoint Ally McCoist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

That latest tweet showing the embedded images is a shocker - at least to the extent it is representative of the final idea.

Two consecutive 'tweets' showing embedded tickets, on tweets that don't relate to tickets at all. They don't even say 'excited for game' or anything. Also, from what I can tell from the picture the tweeters are going to have a bad time at the stadium as both tickets have the same serial number!

Will reserve full judgment until beta release, but the idea at least as far as it is displayed in the feature tweet is half-baked at best.

The image is clearly just denoting they are Tweeting about an upcoming match, hence why it's showing you the ticket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

I hear Moyeseh is available...

Was just gonna suggest Moyes. He's what every club sapped of morale needs; just ask Sunderland supporters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

If the beta is tomorrow, i can't understand why the promised match videos have not appeared.  I wouldn't have thought it makes any sense releasing them after the beta because people like loki-doki will be streaming the beta anyway

Here it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know you guys are camped out in this thread, but has already been posted on these forums :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The image is clearly just denoting they are Tweeting about an upcoming match, hence why it's showing you the ticket. 

That's a total non-sequitur. Your 'hence' doesn't fit the description at all. If your logic is true then showing you the ticket is a nonsense. Once the game is played on something other than the 800x600 shown in the feature tweet you will just have a list of millions of tickets on your inbox. Club logos far better.

As I said, the idea isn't bad but the display of it in that promo tweet is extremely poor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...