Football Manager 2018 Announcement

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Miles hasn't tweeted for a while, and he did hint at the process being that he would decide, immediately let everyone at SI know, then call a meeting to discuss details of the announcement.  The optimistic part of my brain thinks he's having that meeting right this minute. :D

I like your thinking here.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, vonreichsm said:

i think the best against so guys like Pompey1978 is to ignore the comments.

Aye the old saying "don't feed the trolls" is often an apt one, but sometimes people like that need to be aware that they're not big or clever going on like bell-ends on a forum.

2 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

My mate Chris just told me there's still a few issues to sort out before the Beta is made live.

Expect around 5pm tomorrow apparently.

Is this the same Chris that you posted about the other day? You said then it would be released Tuesday, so forgive me if I call B.S. on 'Chris'

3 minutes ago, davehanson said:

Is this the same Chris that you posted about the other day? You said then it would be released Tuesday, so forgive me if I call B.S. on 'Chris'

He didn't say that.

He texted me a ;)

That could mean anything

Just now, RTHerringbone said:

The ongoing debate about when the beta might drop never gets old, does it?

**** me. 🤐

it's so boring when someone who knows someone who knows someone from SI start "providing" inside info

My name is Chris, and I can safely say that I have absolutely no idea when the beta's coming out! :D (Not that it matters to me; I didn't pre-order)

15 minutes ago, vonreichsm said:

i think the best against so guys like Pompey1978 is to ignore the comments.

The Ignore List is your friend at times like these.

That latest tweet showing the embedded images is a shocker - at least to the extent it is representative of the final idea.

Two consecutive 'tweets' showing embedded tickets, on tweets that don't relate to tickets at all. They don't even say 'excited for game' or anything. Also, from what I can tell from the picture the tweeters are going to have a bad time at the stadium as both tickets have the same serial number!

Will reserve full judgment until beta release, but the idea at least as far as it is displayed in the feature tweet is half-baked at best.

2 minutes ago, Chris21 said:

I never understand why people get so irate when others speculate? It's all in good humour and fun. Almost like deadline day.

As CFuller says, ignore button is there. Or SI staff will act if they feel they need to.

My ignore list was already bursting at the seams before today.

Also, there seem to be too many Chrises around for my liking. I’m feeling rather unnerved. :(

23 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

My mate Chris just told me there's still a few issues to sort out before the Beta is made live.

Expect around 5pm tomorrow apparently.

Well there might be some truth in this, it might go some way in explaining why no match videos have appeared

16 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

That latest tweet showing the embedded images is a shocker - at least to the extent it is representative of the final idea.

Two consecutive 'tweets' showing embedded tickets, on tweets that don't relate to tickets at all. They don't even say 'excited for game' or anything. Also, from what I can tell from the picture the tweeters are going to have a bad time at the stadium as both tickets have the same serial number!

Will reserve full judgment until beta release, but the idea at least as far as it is displayed in the feature tweet is half-baked at best.

The image is clearly just denoting they are Tweeting about an upcoming match, hence why it's showing you the ticket. 

1 hour ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

If the beta is tomorrow, i can't understand why the promised match videos have not appeared.  I wouldn't have thought it makes any sense releasing them after the beta because people like loki-doki will be streaming the beta anyway

Here it is

7 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The image is clearly just denoting they are Tweeting about an upcoming match, hence why it's showing you the ticket. 

That's a total non-sequitur. Your 'hence' doesn't fit the description at all. If your logic is true then showing you the ticket is a nonsense. Once the game is played on something other than the 800x600 shown in the feature tweet you will just have a list of millions of tickets on your inbox. Club logos far better.

As I said, the idea isn't bad but the display of it in that promo tweet is extremely poor.