Football Manager 2018 Announcement

18 minutes ago, Defensive said:

Everyone knows that the videos will be released before the beta, not just before the 10th November.

Last year, the match engine video was released the day before the official release of the game. 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Defensive said:

Everyone knows that the videos will be released before the beta, not just before the 10th November.

I think the best is to just enter to one of the twitch channels who probably are going to stream the game and analyze by yourself if there are any improvements or if there are any improvements that you were looking for.

Edited by MHovel

3 minutes ago, DalyBhoy said:

Why are SI even speculating about the impact, it's unnecessary. When we know the outcome for sure, add it into the game.

There's about 6 different outcomes you can get in-game, ranging from the hard brexit to one where nothing changes, which does reflect the uncertainty of what's going to happen in real life. 

Enjoy your warning for the use of the 'f' word, btw :lol:

5 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

There's about 6 different outcomes you can get in-game, ranging from the hard brexit to one where nothing changes, which does reflect the uncertainty of what's going to happen in real life. 

Enjoy your warning for the use of the 'f' word, btw :lol:

Catalonian independence is uncertain, why don't SI introduce outcomes which range from continuation of the footballing status quo, to Catalonia becoming independant and Barcelona joining the English Premier League.

1 minute ago, DalyBhoy said:

Catalonian independence is uncertain, why don't SI introduce outcomes which range from continuation of the footballing status quo, to Catalonia becoming independant and Barcelona joining the English Premier League.

Classic Celtic fan whataboutery at work here. :D

The Catalonian situation is completely different. And besides, despite having leagues from all around the world, FM is a British based game predominantly played by British users. It's understandable that Brexit would be included ahead of other worldwide events. Think laddie, think. 

People are only miffed about Brexit being in the game as it might make it harder for them to buy players, it's absolutely nothing to do with whether it should or shouldn't be included as a point of principle. 

9 minutes ago, endtime said:

Strange that you're not so outspoken against countries like Serbia or Montenegro joining the EU in the game.

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

People are only miffed about Brexit being in the game as it might make it harder for them to buy players, it's absolutely nothing to do with whether it should or shouldn't be included as a point of principle. 

Quite. 

42 minutes ago, DalyBhoy said:

Because we know it's certain that Brexit's happening, just the outcome of it isn't clear yet (hence the wide range of outcomes possible on FM). Meanwhile, it's still unclear as to whether Catalonian independence is happening or not.

46 minutes ago, DalyBhoy said:

I think the problem with that feature is that it couldn't happen with licensed leagues due to legal issues. Catalan independence and Barcelona playing in England would actually be okay I think for instance, but them playing in France - also mooted as an option - wouldn't, and that would make it quite an odd feature. You'd then also get requests for other similar cases such as Celtic and Rangers moving to England which would be impossible and it would create a weird, inconsistent gameworld where some elements are dynamic and some aren't. The Brexit feature meanwhile is pretty much standalone since Britain is the only country seriously discussing leaving, although if they did want to it could in future be expanded to give other nations a very, very small chance of joining or leaving each year.

27 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

I think the problem with that feature is that it couldn't happen with licensed leagues due to legal issues. Catalan independence and Barcelona playing in England would actually be okay I think for instance, but them playing in France - also mooted as an option - wouldn't, and that would make it quite an odd feature. You'd then also get requests for other similar cases such as Celtic and Rangers moving to England which would be impossible and it would create a weird, inconsistent gameworld where some elements are dynamic and some aren't. The Brexit feature meanwhile is pretty much standalone since Britain is the only country seriously discussing leaving, although if they did want to it could in future be expanded to give other nations a very, very small chance of joining or leaving each year.

Fair points my friend, but just to be clear - I made that suggestion sarcastically as an example of why unresolved political matters should not be included. It's unnecessary. 

Miles said day before yesterday that beta won't be released today or tomorrow. Day before yesterday was 'today' and yesterday was 'tomorrow' so technically today could be the day it could be released. If not today then definitely tomorrow. I would prefer it to be today because I'm sinking deeper and deeper into my current FM17 save and it's getting exciting. It would be be a very hard choice to abandon that. :onmehead:

13 minutes ago, pats said:

Miles said day before yesterday that beta won't be released today or tomorrow. Day before yesterday was 'today' and yesterday was 'tomorrow' so technically today could be the day it could be released. If not today then definitely tomorrow. I would prefer it to be today because I'm sinking deeper and deeper into my current FM17 save and it's getting exciting. It would be be a very hard choice to abandon that. :onmehead:

nice analysis.... i hope today too :seagull:

I like it too and yes, some dynamic future changes would be fun. Even some crackpot league changes that you are asked about in interviews that end up not happening (like the 39th game or splitting the PL into two "super leagues". Every year I think the question about winter breaks will lead to it being implemented.

33 minutes ago, Scoham said:

Is just me that likes the Brexit feature and would like to see more dynamic rule changes? Football won't be the same in 10 or 20 years, I'd like to see things league sizes, cup formats, squad rules etc occasionally change at random.

My biggest disappointment with FM17, was the only Brexit I got on my UK saves was a soft Brexit. In one save, I was so convinced I’d finally get a Hard Brexit that I stockpiled English players, only for it never to come to anything

55 minutes ago, Ji-Sung Park said:

If I apologize for all the stuff I've been writing about Miles and SI on social media, will it be released today? 

The only one who knows is miles. 

Ive heard hes delaying releasing the beta by an hour everytime someone asks.

8 hours ago, DalyBhoy said:

Features which impact the gameplay and derive from a political matter such as Brexit have no place in Football Manager, when the outcome remains inconclusive. Why are SI even speculating about the impact, it's unnecessary. When we know the outcome for sure, add it into the game.

I wish there was an easy way to turn it off before the start of a game.

It's like why don't they have a random event for Catalonia becoming potentially independent and a new football league forming as a result or Barcelona joining the French leagues? Because it doesn't make sense because it's all guesswork.

There are so many political events that happen in the world that may affect football in a country somewhere, why they specifically chose brexit and only brexit to be included I don't know. It doesn't make sense to me personally.

Thing is though this whole Brexit thing is like a car. If I buy a second hand car I don't know whether it will break down after six months or I'll be driving it in the next ten years. Hell, I could even be in prison for driving into a field of cows. Stupid cows looking so smug. WHAT DO YOU EVEN DO?

Anyway, I digress. What I'm trying to say is that if you bought a car and took away the ability to go more than 30 MPH after you bought it you'd be raging which is why Brexit shouldn't be in the game.

10 minutes ago, Wavelberry said:

Thing is though this whole Brexit thing is like a car. If I buy a second hand car I don't know whether it will break down after six months or I'll be driving it in the next ten years. Hell, I could even be in prison for driving into a field of cows. Stupid cows looking so smug. WHAT DO YOU EVEN DO?

Anyway, I digress. What I'm trying to say is that if you bought a car and took away the ability to go more than 30 MPH after you bought it you'd be raging which is why Brexit shouldn't be in the game.

Even though before you bought it, the salesman made it clear that there was a good chance it would never go more than 30 MPH, which is exactly what happened with this.  They were pretty clear about the Brexit feature prior to release, not like it was this huge surprise to anyone.

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

I wish there was an easy way to turn it off before the start of a game.

It's like why don't they have a random event for Catalonia becoming potentially independent and a new football league forming as a result or Barcelona joining the French leagues? Because it doesn't make sense because it's all guesswork.

There are so many political events that happen in the world that may affect football in a country somewhere, why they specifically chose brexit and only brexit to be included I don't know. It doesn't make sense to me personally.

It's easy to turn off in the pre-game editor. As such I'm not overly fussed it's in the game as it never affects me.

6 minutes ago, sufcdan said:

How many people do actually turn off the brexit scenario? would it be classed as kind of ''cheating'' to do so?

Also will the pre-game editor be available in the beta?

How would it be cheating to avoid having a random new set of rules regarding transfers potentially forced upon you in the middle of a save? Rules that haven't been implemented in real life yet, and may never be. Only other thing I've ever used the editor for before is to edit competition names, ie change the names of the Champions Cup and Euro Cup, to the Champions League and Europa League. If people don't want 'Brexit predictor mini-game' in FM, they should be able to turn it off, and luckily we can.

Edited by Reflection86

Just now, Reflection86 said:

How would it be cheating to avoid having a random new set of rules regarding transfers potentially forced upon you in the middle of a save? Rules that haven't been implemented in real life yet, and may never be. Only other thing I've ever used the editor for before is to edit competition names, ie change the names of the Champions Cup and Europa Cup, to the Champions League and Europa League. If people don't want 'Brexit predictor mini-game' in FM, they should be able to turn it off, and luckily we can.

Will we be able to turn it off by accessing the pre-game editor in the beta?

3 minutes ago, sufcdan said:

Will we be able to turn it off by accessing the pre-game editor in the beta?

Unfortunately not, the editor doesn't come out till the full game is released. Therefore I won't start a serious long-term save till the full release and I can remove Brexit.

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

"Hi, I don't think politics should be involved in FM, and to that end the Brexit feature is one I am dead against. I mean, we don't have any other political scenarios in the game"

I'm a manager who buys huge amounts of young South American talent, then sells them all on for insane profit giving me a massively unfair advantage over the AI teams meaning I can win the league 10 years in a row and brag about it online, and the Brexit thing might stop that, so turn it off please

Who knew Google Translate now detected sub-text... :brock:

8 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

"Hi, I don't think politics should be involved in FM, and to that end the Brexit feature is one I am dead against. I mean, we don't have any other political scenarios in the game"

I'm a manager who buys huge amounts of young South American talent, then sells them all on for insane profit giving me a massively unfair advantage over the AI teams meaning I can win the league 10 years in a row and brag about it online, and the Brexit thing might stop that, so turn it off please

In what way could the random Brexit outcome predictor influence the signings of non-EU players, just out of interest? I thought it could potentially only influence the signings of EU players, as in make work permits a requirement for any players from EU nations? As obviously we already need permits for non-EU players.

Edited by Reflection86

9 hours ago, Jean0987654321 said:

FM17 = NoDefense Manager

I really dont know what people are talking about. :-) Okay maybe if you refer to the wide midfielders, i can understand. But other than that the defending was definitely more horrible in 16 and goals galore 15.:-)

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

Even though before you bought it, the salesman made it clear that there was a good chance it would never go more than 30 MPH, which is exactly what happened with this.  They were pretty clear about the Brexit feature prior to release, not like it was this huge surprise to anyone.

IT WAS YOU WHO SOLD ME THE CAR!

10 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Something else for the 'Morale Manager' squad to get into a tizz about :D

miles.JPG

Should have added a few blinking red and green arrows as to hidden consistency instead. E.g. player's gonna show up today only with 95% of his ability,  so that every virtual gaffer had a new favourite scapegoat for losing against the bottom of the table straight after beating Real Madrid. ;)

Edited by Svenc

2 minutes ago, mrdanbartlett said:

https://twitter.com/miIlesSI

I've just given the green light for the beta. The process from now takes 24 hours or so. So you should expect it this time tomorrow. #FM18

Seems it will be out late tonight/early tomorrow then. Awesome. 

Fake account...

3 minutes ago, mrdanbartlett said:

https://twitter.com/miIlesSI

I've just given the green light for the beta. The process from now takes 24 hours or so. So you should expect it this time tomorrow. #FM18

Seems it will be out late tonight/early tomorrow then. Awesome. 

That's a fake account