why there is no Defending throw-ins in FM

i've noticed that i allowed some goals by throw-ins that is near my goal.. my striker is always standing forward and i want him to go back when opposition is having a throw-in. but i can't do something about it. 
in corners and free kicks i can instruct all my players and have my striker go back, but not in throw-ins and that's kinda frustrating. the opposition can play the throw-in short and quick and then a pass to a player on the Edge of the box and Then Goal. all of that happened because my striker was standing forward and didn't go back.

On 8/22/2017 at 07:20, CamillePunk said:

Yep sure is annoying to have the game move my CB 30 yards up the pitch on defensive throw-ins giving the AI an easy goal. Never seems to happen for me though, hmmm. 

i think its dangerous moving your defense line 30 yards up the pitch in defensive throw-ins.. because there is no offside in throw-ins.

On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 12:12, whiteknights said:

all of that happened because my striker was standing forward and didn't go back.

It's extremely unlikely you concede a goal from a throw in just because your striker didn't go back to defend.  What were your other 10 players doing?  The opposition didn't throw 11 players forward, so you have spare players to defend with even without your striker.

Plus, if you don't leave someone (the striker) higher up the pitch, you don't have an outlet if you manage to clear the ball and so you get put back under pressure again.

23 hours ago, herne79 said:

It's extremely unlikely you concede a goal from a throw in just because your striker didn't go back to defend.  What were your other 10 players doing?  The opposition didn't throw 11 players forward, so you have spare players to defend with even without your striker.

Plus, if you don't leave someone (the striker) higher up the pitch, you don't have an outlet if you manage to clear the ball and so you get put back under pressure again.

Having an outlet is all well and good.  But at least with defending corners and FKs you get to choose who that outlet is and who remains back.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/24/2017 at 11:31, herne79 said:

yes, but sometimes a tiny detail matters.. sometimes i play against bigger opposition, they throw most of their players forward in set pieces and its late in the game, i have a striker who has a good aggression and bravery he can be useful in this situations making him standing on the edge of the box leaving my CBs concentrate more on marking. 

Archived