Should I make my youngsters under the age of 18 learn the player trait "Attempts to develop weaker foot"

In general for all of them, probably not.

For some? yes it could be useful.

Mostly in the attacking positions, wingers, AMCs, strikers the ability to use both feet is a slight advantage if they can't already.  For defenders/midfielders the benefit is much less and I would possibly only consider for a player who I was wanting to play both DL & DR.  Goalkeepers, certainly not as it will restrict their other abilities.

5 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

It soaks up a lot of CA, probably inhibiting all-round development, so on balance I wouldn't recommend it.

Not really.

Yes it does take up some CA, and if you could develop someone's weaker foot from a starting point of 1 to the maximum of 20 it would take up a fair amount of CA. 

But you can't do that in game.  There are limits to how much the weaker foot can be developed and it depends on the starting point, so in practise the actual amount of CA that might get used is much lower.  For example, if the starting point is less than 10 that player can't develop his weaker foot to any more than 10.

2 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Not really.

Yes it does take up some CA, and if you could develop someone's weaker foot from a starting point of 1 to the maximum of 20 it would take up a fair amount of CA. 

But you can't do that in game.  There are limits to how much the weaker foot can be developed and it depends on the starting point, so in practise the actual amount of CA that might get used is much lower.  For example, if the starting point is less than 10 that player can't develop his weaker foot to any more than 10.

Also what do u maen by take up CA do u mean as his CA drops  or that CA doesn't improve in the time he is learning his ppm

1 hour ago, Fmplaya said:

Also what do u maen by take up CA do u mean as his CA drops  or that CA doesn't improve in the time he is learning his ppm

I'm guessing that his CA will improve, but that improvement will be partly taken up by his weaker foot improving. So (numbers pulled out of nowhere), instead of his Passing, Tackling and Marking improving from 10-13, they might improve from 10-11 while his overall CA improves the same amount.

1 hour ago, Fmplaya said:

His CA won't drop or not improve while learning the PPM.  It's to do with the mechanics of the game:

1) CA (Current Ability) is a hidden value between 1 and 200 which cannot exceed a player's PA (Potential Ability).  It's a calculation derived from a number of factors including such things as the player's attributes, positions and their "footedness" amongst other things.  As players grow and develop, their attributes increase and thus their CA will also increase.  The game then kind of uses CA to track player development and ultimately ensure the player doesn't exceed his potential.  I'm simplifying a lot here but hopefully you get the idea.

2) PPMs are not a factor in the CA calculation.  The PPM to improve the weaker foot doesn't actually improve the weaker foot value (which is a hidden value between 1 and 20) - it just gives the player the ability to improve his weaker foot.  Once the weaker foot starts to develop after the PPM has been learned, the increase in that weaker foot value then feeds into the CA calculation.  So if more value is being added into the CA score from a higher weaker foot value, this leaves slightly less headroom for other factors (such as attributes) to increase.  But we're only talking small amounts here because as said above, there are limits to how much the weaker foot can develop.

TL;DR - develop players how you want them to fit into your playing system and style.

11 minutes ago, herne79 said:

His CA won't drop or not improve while learning the PPM.  It's to do with the mechanics of the game:

1) CA (Current Ability) is a hidden value between 1 and 200 which cannot exceed a player's PA (Potential Ability).  It's a calculation derived from a number of factors including such things as the player's attributes, positions and their "footedness" amongst other things.  As players grow and develop, their attributes increase and thus their CA will also increase.  The game then kind of uses CA to track player development and ultimately ensure the player doesn't exceed his potential.  I'm simplifying a lot here but hopefully you get the idea.

2) PPMs are not a factor in the CA calculation.  The PPM to improve the weaker foot doesn't actually improve the weaker foot value (which is a hidden value between 1 and 20) - it just gives the player the ability to improve his weaker foot.  Once the weaker foot starts to develop after the PPM has been learned, the increase in that weaker foot value then feeds into the CA calculation.  So if more value is being added into the CA score from a higher weaker foot value, this leaves slightly less headroom for other factors (such as attributes) to increase.  But we're only talking small amounts here because as said above, there are limits to how much the weaker foot can develop.

TL;DR - develop players how you want them to fit into your playing system and style.

Oh thank you very much now I understand bcuz I had heard saying it before but I never understood thank you very much I'm very grateful

Archived