FM18 NEWS??!!

A troll update would be hilarious.

I doubt there will be much substantial news, although could be wrong.  Would be very surprised if they made any kind of feature announcements, probably just a cover, a release date and confirmation that it actually exists.  I'm sure Miles is putting up the blast shields and sharpening his SI-issue shiv as we speak.

I know, SI has teamed up with Playerunknown and will announce Football Manager Battlegrounds!

100 football players get dropped on an island, they must find a ball and then search for the goal posts without getting caught behind the circle as it shrinks. If they see another player they can try and hit them with their ball which knocks the opponent out of the game.

Celebrating knocking a player out of the game by removing your shirt or by assault randomly place AI referees will see you banned from the game. :D

OP, you can surely wait another two hours, can't you?

27 minutes ago, Powermonger said:

I know, SI has teamed up with Playerunknown and will announce Football Manager Battlegrounds!

100 football players get dropped on an island, they must find a ball and then search for the goal posts without getting caught behind the circle as it shrinks. If they see another player they can try and hit them with their ball which knocks the opponent out of the game.

Celebrating knocking a player out of the game by removing your shirt or by assault randomly place AI referees will see you banned from the game. :D

I'm not sure I like that. Sounds like a game that'll spend ages in Early Access. :D

What I'd prefer to see is a SI/Dontnod collaboration entitled 'Football Is Strange', whereby you start off in an institution with a load of cosmopolitan punch of immature wonderkids, along with some older players who either have big egos or psychopathic personalities. Man-management is crucial here - saying the right thing to one player might help you in the short-term, but it might also turn another player against you and make life more difficult for you in the long-term.

When it comes to tactics, even changing a single player's role will see you confronted with a pop-up message saying, 'This action will have consequences'. They won't actually have consequences, though, because whatever you do, things can and WILL go haywire midway through the campaign. Then, at the end of the season, with your job on the line, you'll ultimately be faced with one binary decision:

Spoiler

Sell your star player, or release the rest of your team and rebuild for the new season.

6 minutes ago, CFuller said:

SI will surely not announce a release date so far in advance. You can probably expect that detail to be announced in early October, or late September at the very earliest.

Far more likely than any kind of feature news surely.

35 minutes ago, CFuller said:

SI will surely not announce a release date so far in advance. You can probably expect that detail to be announced in early October, or late September at the very earliest.

That was what they did last year announced the game shown a logo and told it would be out on 4th of november

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Spedding said:

the schedule from miles twitter

Gameplay feature complete - this week

UI feature complete - Friday

Art complete - Sept 15th Only then can comms start taking screens/videos

If you're going to quote Miles on Twitter, at least embed the tweet :D

Archived