Sports Interactive Community
PocketMouse

The Long Journey to the Top

Hello everyone,

Its been a long time since I've been on here and posted anything due to just not playing football manager that much anymore but I decided to set myself a challenge to start in the lowest country by the UEFA coefficient and win the top league, main cup and secondary cup.

I have loaded the first 4 countries (Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and Finland) that are bottom this list of the UEFA coefficient and will hopefully work my way up the list.  I have no set rules or plans for taking over clubs, I could take over the best team in the country or the worst, it just depends on how I feel at that moment.

I have already played 3 seasons of this and I am really enjoying it.

So since Wales is bottom of the list I went on holiday and set it to "Apply for all jobs" and got my first job offer from Cardiff Metropolitan University but turned it down since its a pretty impossible job but then I got a decent offer from a decent enough team in Newtown FC.

2016/17 Newtown FC - Wales - Dafabet Welsh Premier League

Newtown.PNG.77345d38a413e9ead4b5795176d7a2db.PNG

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

Dafabet Welsh Premier League - 10th 

I took over on the 23rd of December and my Christmas present was 2 matches against top dogs TNS which we of course lost.  When I took over Newtown were 10th and had their heads a bit above relegation but a disastrous run of results under me and we were in serious danger of relegation had results gone differently.

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

JD FAW Welsh Cup - Fourth Round

Easily knocked out by a much better Bala Town.

theWord Cup - Second Round

Newtown were already knocked out of this competition before my arrival but probably shouldnt of been beaten so easily by Llandudno.

Key Player

Jason Oswell - The reason Newtown were down so low in the league is probably due to him being out injured for 5 months or so.

2017/18 Newtown FC/Gap Connahs Quay FC - Wales - Dafabet Welsh Premier League

Newtown.PNG.77345d38a413e9ead4b5795176d7a2db.PNG598f54033cd67_ConnahsQuay.jpg.dc20186d78b7bfa00a553abb97fbaa46.jpg

I messed up the screenshots for this season and didn't take any of the first half of the season at Newtown but I left them in a healthy position of 6th and took over at Connahs Quay who were 11th and 2 points off safety, bit of a risk but that is part of the fun!

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

Dafabet Welsh Premier League - 8th 

I had a brilliant start to life with Connahs Quay and not losing for 9 matches until we lost 3-2 to Carmarthen and then a disappointing 2-2 draw with Conwy meant we narrowly missed out on the European Places Playoff to Aberystwyth Town, but it was good that we managed to stay up so convincingly.  

Newtown managed to finish up in 4th spot and lost to Aberystwyth Town in the European Places Playoff...it would of been very interesting if we had of finished 7th and a return to Newtown for that match.

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

JD FAW Welsh Cup - Semi Final

Blew the opposition out of the water until we reached the semi final and should of blown Conwy out of the water but they seem to be a bit of a dodgy team and they beat us 2-0 with late goals after we went down to 10 men before half time.

theWord Cup - Third Round

Connahs Quay were already knocked out of this competition as they were easily beaten by TNS.

Key Player

Nick Rushton - He was actually on loan at Newtown last season and I was a bit disappointed I couldn't sign him permanently but he was immense this season and ended up with most Man of the Match awards in the league. 

2018/19 Gap Connahs Quay FC - Wales - Dafabet Welsh Premier League

598f54033cd67_ConnahsQuay.jpg.dc20186d78b7bfa00a553abb97fbaa46.jpg

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

Dafabet Welsh Premier League - 3rd

A great season and we managed to make it into the Championship side of the split and we done brilliantly, the last 2 wins over Aberystwyth Town and Bangor City were huge as we managed to grab a Europa League spot without needing to qualify through the playoffs.

Also, Newtown were relegated this season so I was proved right to make the move to Connah Quay.

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

I was hoping to reach the semi final again at least but we didnt show up in a tough draw against Bala Town and we were eliminated on penos.

theWord Cup - Runners Up

We had quite an easy time making it to the final which included a local derby against Flint Town which attracted a bumper crown of 211 which was just under half the attendance that showed up to watch us lose 3-1 against TNS which was a pretty obvious result.

Key Player

Stuart Hickman - Scored 30 goals in 38 games over the season and he was a free transfer from Bala Town! Madness that they left him go. 

Season	Club			Country	League				Position	Main Cup	Secondary Cup	Champions League	Europa League	Club World Cup

2017/18	Newtown FC		Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	10th		Fourth Round	N/A		N/A			N/A		N/A
2018/19	Newtown FC		Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	6th		Third Round	First Round	N/A			N/A		N/A
2018/19	Gap Connahs Quay FC	Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	8th		Semi Final	N/A		N/A			N/A		N/A
2019/20	Gap Connahs Quay FC	Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	3rd		Fourth Round	Runner Up	N/A			N/A		N/A

You will be pushing for the title soon. I would like to try something similar where I win a title in a UK league/cup that isn't England, but it seems tough!

Started well.

Winning a league or cup not in England is easier than you think. Even I have managed it - I won the Welsh Cup with Cefn Druids on FM15.

2019/20 Gap Connahs Quay FC - Wales - Dafabet Welsh Premier League

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

Dafabet Welsh Premier League - 2nd

I was sure we would get a second place finish this season but when our star striker Stuart Hickman broke his ankle in January it was a bit worrying but luckily for us Richard Grant, a youth product, stepped up and into Hickmans boots and continued the scoring for fun and he only missed out on the top scorer award by 1 goal.  We never really tested TNS this season, they were far better as expected but a 2nd place finish is good.....maybe they should start giving out a prize for finishing 2nd?

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

JD FAW Welsh Cup - Runner Up

Our first real test in this came from Bala Town in the semi final and we managed to edge them out in extra time so we went into the final against TNS full of belief we could cause an upset but it wasn't to be as we lost out on penalties.

theWord Cup - Third Round

Very disappointing to lose against Bangor City on penalties, we were winning 2-0 and then 3-2 but unfortunately Bangor kept coming back and we lost on penalties.

Continental Cups

UEFA Europa League - First Qualifying Round

I didn't expect us to get up to much in this and we didn't but we did manage to get an away goal which was a good boost.

Key Player

Richard Grant - Brilliant season from our youth product player, big of him to step up after the injury to Stuart Hickman. 

Season	Club			Country	League				Position	Main Cup	Secondary Cup	Champions League	Europa League	Club World Cup

2016/17	Newtown FC		Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	10th		Fourth Round	N/A		N/A			N/A		N/A
2017/18	Newtown FC		Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	6th		Third Round	First Round	N/A			N/A		N/A
2017/18	Gap Connahs Quay FC	Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	8th		Semi Final	N/A		N/A			N/A		N/A
2018/19	Gap Connahs Quay FC	Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	3rd		Fourth Round	Runner Up	N/A			N/A		N/A
2019/20	Gap Connahs Quay FC	Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	2nd		Runner Up	Third Round	N/A			N/A		N/A

2020/21 Gap Connahs Quay FC - Wales - Dafabet Welsh Premier League

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

The season didn't have a good start because I was unable to get Ed Palmer, David Eardley and Richie Bowen to sign new contracts as they didn't believe the squad was strong enough to play at a level matching their own ambitions, I assumed they would leave the club or join TNS but they stayed for the season on Month to Month deals, bit strange but at least they stayed.  We didnt make any ground on TNS at all this season but we seem to be securing our place as second best team in Wales, which I still think should be a prize in itself due to the dominance of TNS.  We lost Stuart Hickman to a broken leg in late October but Richard Grant once again stepped up.  Hopefully next season we can start to close the point gap, the aim is for TNS not to win the league in February.   

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

JD FAW Welsh Cup - Winners

After knocking out TNS in the Third Round I felt we would be favorites to win this but we got a hard draw against Bala Town which we won and then we easily progressed to the final which we won with a 4-0 hammering of Llandudno, after this win it only leaves the task of toppling TNS for the league.

theWord Cup - Winners

TNS were knocked out by Bala Town in the Third Round which gave everyone hope of winning, we reached the final quite easy even if we did make tough work of the Third Round against Aberystwyth Town.  We faced Bala Town in the final and we took an early lead through Richard Grant and after many nervous moments we held out to win our first trophy. 

Continental Cups

UEFA Europa League - Third Qualifying Round

I really wasn't expecting anything from this venture into Europe.  We somehow beat Olimpija of Slovenia 1-0 thanks to a Stuart Hickman 88th away goal in a match where we had a player sent off in the 20th minute and another in the 60th minute.  Next up was Slavia Prague which I was expecting to be hammered by but after the first leg it was disappointing not to get an away goal.  In the home leg we managed to get a goal in the first minute but found ourselves 2-1 down after 28 minutes but Stuart Hickman scored a minute later and Salvyn Kisitu in the 72nd minute and then we got another 88th minute goal to win the tie.  Our reward for beating Slavia was a tie against a team just under an hour away, Everton.  We were easily eliminated by Everton but we didn't get embarrassed.

Key Player

Jon Llewellyn - A brilliant debut season from another free signing from Bala Town.

Season	Club			Country	League				Position	Main Cup	Secondary Cup	Champions League	Europa League		Club World Cup

2016/17	Newtown FC		Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	10th		Fourth Round	N/A		N/A			N/A			N/A
2017/18	Newtown FC		Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	6th		Third Round	First Round	N/A			N/A			N/A
2017/18	Gap Connahs Quay FC	Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	8th		Semi Final	N/A		N/A			N/A			N/A
2018/19	Gap Connahs Quay FC	Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	3rd		Fourth Round	Runner Up	N/A			N/A			N/A
2019/20	Gap Connahs Quay FC	Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	2nd		Runner Up	Third Round	N/A			First Qualifying Round	N/A
2020/21	Gap Connahs Quay FC	Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	2nd		Winner		Winner		N/A			Third Qualifying Round	N/A

21 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

More steady progress.

Wish it was a little quicker..... theres many more countries to come :lol:

2021/22 Gap Connahs Quay FC - Wales - Dafabet Welsh Premier League

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

We may of finished second again but we managed to close the gap on TNS and they only won the league in March and not February so while that is not hugely significant progress it is noticeable.  We even managed to beat TNS twice at the end of the season.  There is a big gap opening up between us and the rest of the league.  The 3 amigos from last season still wouldn't sign new contracts but still stayed on a Month to Month contract.  The board informed me that the club would be turning professional and should take about a year for some reason.

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

I nearly had us down as winners of this after knocking out Bala Town but we were surprised by Conwy in a match we just didnt bother to turn up in.

theWord Cup - Winners

We dominated this tournament scoring 16 goals and only conceding 2, great to win back to back cups.

Continental Cups

UEFA Europa League - First Qualifying Round

I knew we wouldn't have a run like we did last year but it was pretty disappointing to be knocked out by a team from Luxembourg.

Key Player

Jon Llewellyn - Chipped in with a lot more goals this season.

Season	Club			Country	League				Position	Main Cup	Secondary Cup	Champions League	Europa League		Club World Cup

2016/17	Newtown FC		Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	10th		Fourth Round	N/A		N/A			N/A			N/A
2017/18	Newtown FC		Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	6th		Third Round	First Round	N/A			N/A			N/A
2017/18	Gap Connahs Quay FC	Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	8th		Semi Final	N/A		N/A			N/A			N/A
2018/19	Gap Connahs Quay FC	Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	3rd		Fourth Round	Runner Up	N/A			N/A			N/A
2019/20	Gap Connahs Quay FC	Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	2nd		Runner Up	Third Round	N/A			First Qualifying Round	N/A
2020/21	Gap Connahs Quay FC	Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	2nd		Winner		Winner		N/A			Third Qualifying Round	N/A
2021/22	Gap Connahs Quay FC	Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	2nd		Fourth Round	Winner		N/A			First Qualifying Round	N/A

2022/23 Gap Connahs Quay FC - Wales - Dafabet Welsh Premier League

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

Dafabet Welsh Premier League - Champions

Well we turned professional at the start of the season and it seemingly made an absolutely massive difference.  We started with a 6-0 win over TNS in the first match which was a huge surprise but then we went on to dominate every team we came up against and handed out hammerings up and down the country.  In the end we easily won the league, we only dropped 7 points all season and it was very disappointing to not get an unbeaten season after losing to TNS late in the season.   We even had Arsene Wenger show up for a few matches, presumably to learn how to win a league.

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

JD FAW Welsh Cup - Third Round

I was expecting our league form to come into this competition but we lost out 2-1 to Rhyl in the Third Round which I still don't know how that happened. 

theWord Cup - Runner Up

We were going for 3 in a row this season and I fully expected us to do it due to our league form.  We had a bit of a hard time in the semi final against Port Talbot but we ended up winning on penalties and we faced TNS in the final were we unfortunately beaten 3-2 in extra time. 

Continental Cups

UEFA Europa League - First Qualifying Round

We weren't able to get a good run this year either after a narrow loss to Slaven Belupo.

Key Player

James Carlin - Wow what a beast!  He shattered the leagues top goalscorer record with 48 goals in 32 games, phenomenal stuff.

The Future

Well now we have won all the league that means I am now finished in Wales so I began to look at jobs in Northern Ireland.  I applied for the position at Dungannon but unfortunately they didn't pick me.  I then declared interest in a possible position at Ballymena United and the Connahs Quay board called me in after their disappointment in me looking to move on so I refused to attend and they sacked me!  A sad way to finish with Connahs Quay after a brilliant season but I'll remember the good times.  I will start to apply for jobs in Northern Ireland now and I also removed the Welsh league from the game and added in the Hungarian league, which I was surprised to see below Iceland.

2021/22	Gap Connahs Quay FC	Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	2nd		Fourth Round	Winner		N/A			First Qualifying Round	N/A
2022/23	Gap Connahs Quay FC	Wales	Dafabet Welsh Premier League	Champions	Third Round	Runner Up	N/A			First Qualifying Round	N/A

On 8/28/2017 at 21:29, Nobby_McDonald said:

There you go, job done in Wales.

Should go a bit easier after Wales, don't have to take down any team like TNS :lol:

2023/24 Linfield FC - Northern Ireland - Danske Bank Premiership

Linfield.png.a6c98f0343afcc396684381087ef4c58.png

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

I had applied for the job at Ballinamallard and done the interview and was about to job when I seen the Linfield job was available so I delayed the Ballinamallard one and done the interview with Linfield and they offered me the job and I took it.  We got off to an absolutely dreadful start to the season, we lost 8 of the first 10 matches and found ourselves bottom of the league for 7 games.  The board called me in to "Discuss the future" once but I managed to get away with it, then our form really picked up, thankfully.  We went unbeaten in 8 matches and began to climb the table but then we lost to Cliftonville and the board called me in again to "Discuss the future" but managed to get away with it again.  We won the next 2 games and then drew with Ballymena and I was called in for a third time!  This time I had to pick up 11 points in 5 matches and we went unbeaten in the last 6 matches of the season and managed to sneak ourselves into 2nd place which is brilliant considering after the 11th match of the season we were bottom and we only finished 8 points behind champions Cliftonville.  

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

Tennent's Irish Cup - Winners

We didn't come up against any team that gave us a rough match in this cup, we pretty much sailed through it to collect the trophy which means I only have to win the league next season to complete Northern Ireland.

Irish League Cup - Winners

We struggled a bit to overcome Bangor and our big rivals Glentoran but we easily beat Larne and Coleraine in the final to win my first cup in Northern Ireland.

County Antrim Shield - Quarter Final

Unfortunately this meaningless cup began when our league form was garbage and we were knocked out by Crusaders.  I don't have to win this competition but still would be nice to win something.

Continental Cups

UEFA Europa League - Second Qualifying Round

Linfield had already knocked out B36 from the Faroe Islands and got a match against their senior affiliate club, Rangers of Scotland.  We were quite easily beaten by them but we managed to get 2 away goals in Ibrox.

Key Player

Adam McEleney - Good young striker that scored us plenty of goals, luckily we had him or else we wouldn't of finished 2nd.

2024/25 Linfield FC - Northern Ireland - Danske Bank Premiership

Linfield.png.a6c98f0343afcc396684381087ef4c58.png

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

Dafabet Welsh Premier League - Champions

It was no surprise that we won the league after only finishing 8 points behind Cliftonville last season.  We were pretty much coasting our way through it but towards the end of the season we stumbled a bit by losing 2 in a row to Cliftonville and 1 to Glentoran.  Thankfully we had built up a sizable lead and eventually we secured the title.

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

Tennent's Irish Cup - Quarter Final

We were very disappointing this season.  We got dragged to a replay by Knockbreda but hammered them in the replay.  Then a 2-0 scoreline flattered us against P.S.N.I. and then we were eliminated by Institute.

Irish League Cup - Semi Final

A bit of a struggle against Bangor in the Second Round but we managed to get into the semi final easily enough against Cliftonville which we narrowly lost out. 

County Antrim Shield - Semi Final

I was hoping to win this but we came up against Bangor in the semi final and as usual they gave us a tough match in a cup competition but sadly we didnt manage to beat them this time.

Continental Cups

UEFA Europa League - Third Qualifying Round

We were drawn against the same opposition Linfield faced in the first round last year, B36 and we knocked them out again.  We then went up against Norwegian giants Rosenborg.  We lost 3-2 away but I hoped them 2 away goals would be crucial.  The second leg came and everything went our way and we ran out 5-2 winners and made the tie look comfortable.  We then played Omonoia from Cyprus and we got an away goal in the first leg but sadly anything we threw at them in the second leg didn't become anything much and we were eliminated.

Key Player

Adam McEleney - Another great season from him scoring plenty of goals and supplying assists. 

The Future

That's me finished in Northern Ireland now after only 2 seasons.  Next up I am heading down south to the Republic of Ireland were Dundalk have a TNS like hold over the league winning 11 titles in 12 years, only broken by Cork City in 2017, despite their domination in the league they haven't managed to win a league and cup double.  I doubt their manager will be going anywhere soon so looks like I will have a decent enough challenge to take them down.  

Progress.thumb.png.51dfa62f7b9f0150ec6bc59d2e7c1913.png

Edited by PocketMouse
Updated

2025 Limerick FC - Republic of Ireland - SSE Airtricity Premier Division

Limerick.thumb.png.f7b7e8741a3a7e111ce5a9779c1cdb58.png

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

SSE Airtricity Premier Division - 2nd

Well it didn't take too long to find a new job after resigning from Linfield.  Limerick was the first job to come up and I decided to take it as it had been many years since they won anything significant, and they also had a young striker that played for Ireland to build a team around.   My first match was the team dominating the league, Dundalk.  We beat them 2-0 and then we went on to be unbeaten all season under me and eventually ended up 9 points behind Dundalk.  

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

FAI Irish Daily Mail Senior Cup - Runner Up

We faced easy enough opposition except for Cork in the quarter final but a lucky 2-1 win with 2 very late goals sent us through to the semi final against non-league Castlebar who we brushed aside easily.  This win set up a final against Dundalk but we didn't play to our best on the day and lost 2-1 in extra time.

EA Sports Cup - Quarter Final

Limerick were eliminated by Galway, who were relegated at the end of the season.

Munster Senior Cup - Semi Final

Limerick were already knocked out of this cup when I arrived by Cork.

Continental Cups

UEFA Europa League - Playoffs

We had all the first 3 rounds ties over by the first leg with huge wins away from home and we then came up against Portuguese giants Sporting Lisbon and we gave them a tough fight in the first leg in Lisbon and only lost out to a late last minute goal so confidence heading into the 2nd leg at home was high but sadly we were well beaten 5-0.

Key Player

Karl Mohan - He had 8 caps already for Ireland while playing for Limerick and I'm sure he will collect a few more.

2026 Limerick FC - Republic of Ireland - SSE Airtricity Premier Division

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

SSE Airtricity Premier Division - Champions

We had a brilliant season and quickly found ourselves top of the table.  We didn't lose a match until the very end of September which was my first league defeat with Limerick over a year and 3 months before, and Dundalk were putting the pressure on us the whole time.  When we lost we were just in touching distance of the title but we went on a bit of a wobbly run not winning in the next 4 matches.  Then we had a match against Dundalk at home and we won 2-0 and secured Limericks first title in 66 years.  It was a shame Karl Mohan left for Bournemouth back in August for free, Im sure he came back for the celebrations.  As it turns out that we won the league and the cup but lost in the league cup I will be still at Limerick next season which gives me my first crack at football in the Champions League

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

FAI Irish Daily Mail Senior Cup - Winners

We were losing 1-0 and then 2-1 to St Pats in our first test in this cup and it seemed like it wasn't to be our day but we got it together and ran out winners.  We then struggled to over come Waterford and only won the replay in the last minute which put us up against Cork in the semi final and we won 1-0.  In the final were Bohemians and we controlled the game and grabbed a goal just before half time.  Bohemians didnt put up much of a fight in the second half and we got another to make sure the cup was returning to Limerick for the first time since 1982.

EA Sports Cup - Semi Final

A standard win over Waterford led us to a match against St Pats which we threw away a 3 goal lead to be dragged to extra time but an own goal in the 100th minute was enough to see us into the semi final against Dundalk, we done well to drag it all the way to penalties after playing the extra time with 10 men and sadly we were the losing side.  

Presidents Cup - Winners 

A close and tough match in the first game of the season but we came out on top after a Karl Mohan goal.

Munster Senior Cup - Winners

We managed to come out on top in a very close final with Cork City in this bizarre competition since managed to knock out a team from Galway, which is not in Munster.  

Continental Cups

UEFA Europa League - Third Qualifying Round

An easy opening round tie against Lions from Gibraltar was easily won which set up a tough task against Hibernian from Edinburgh but in the end there were no match for us and we advanced to face Everton.  We got 2 away goals in the first leg but they got 5. and it was highly unlikely we would win 3-0 at home but we did managed to take a 2 goal lead but Everton scored 1 minute after to end the tie.

Key Player

Derek Dunne - 26 assists for the season is brilliant and also added 12 goals.

2027 Limerick FC - Republic of Ireland - SSE Airtricity Premier Division

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

SSE Airtricity Premier Division - 2nd

We started the way we started the season before and I already had us down to win the title again but St Pats and Cork were right behind us all season.  With 6 games left we were managing to hold onto first place but things didn't really go our way and after draws with Dundalk and St Pats and losing to Bohemians meant it all came down to the last day as we traveled to Derry knowing a draw would secure the league for us due to our superior goal difference and St Pats had Dundalk at home and I was hoping Dundalk would do us a favor but it didn't matter as we folded under the pressure and found ourselves 3-0 down at half time.  Any chance of a comeback was stopped when we went down to 10 men and St Pats got their 2nd goal of the game to go 2-0 up against Dundalk, the scores stayed like that and St Pats climbed above us and won the title.

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

FAI Irish Daily Mail Senior Cup - Winners

St Pats gave us our only scare in this competition in the semi final taking us to a replay which we comfortably won and we then came up against Waterford again and once again we beat them to win the cup twice in a row. 

EA Sports Cup - Winners

A 5-0 hammering of Dundalk and I was sure we were going to win this but we had a tough draw against Cork which we managed to win 1-0 with a shockingly low 578 people in attendance, I was going to blame it being played on a Monday night but 2,139 people turned up to see us play non league Bonagee United in the quarter final and we then knocked out Waterford again and progressed to the final against Bohemians and we went 3-0 up before half time and coasted the second half.

Munster Senior Cup - Winners

We easily beat our only rival for this cup in the quarter final before coming up against Waterford yet again in the final and we won a surprisingly tough match 1-0.

Presidents Cup - Winners 

We easily beat Dundalk in the curtain raiser for the new season.

Continental Cups

UEFA Champions League - Third Qualifying Round

This was my first taste at Champions League football and it started brilliantly with a 8-0 beating of Qarabag of Azerbaijan which pretty much set up a tie against APOEL from Cyprus and after a hard fought draw in the home leg we didn't manage to do much in the second leg and we lost 2-0 and exited to the Europa League playoff. 

UEFA Champions League - Playoff

A ridiculously tough draw against Spanish side Villarreal awaited us and we found ourselves 5-0 down after 33 minutes of the first leg before grabbing a hardly deserved away goal.  The second leg was a little closer but the damage was done from the first leg.

Key Player

Chris Gaffney - It was a shame his 25 goal haul couldn't lead us to the title.

The Future

While it was disappointing not to win the league and it would be interesting to get revenge for losing it in such a dramatic way I must move on and the next stop is to Finland.  I've never managed here before so it will be an interesting change, HJK have won the league every season bar 2017 and 2022 and have also secured the double in a good few of them seasons.  Interesting note about Finland is that the league cup was done away with after the 2016 season so it only leaves 2 cups to be won in order to progress to the next country, Hungary.

Progress.thumb.png.f3bea015b990a6d677d13d7bd7635887.png

2028 PS Kemi Kings - Finland - Ykkönen

Kemikings.gif.30a07cb9ed2f9ce43c3a95bdcfe22b3f.gif

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

Ykkönen - 2nd

I decided to start Finland down in the 2nd tier with PS Kemi Kings who I pretty much picked because they play in Lapland and have a pretty cool crest and name but I did almost join Ilves due to their mental looking crest.  This league only has 10 teams in it so the season is short and very very tight.  In the end only 5 points separated FC Haka in 5th and 9th placed SalPa who were relegated and FC Haka missed out on finishing 2nd by 6 points.  We managed to end up 2 points ahead of 9th place but it always felt like the relegation worry was there the whole season.

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

Suomen Cup - 3rd in Group Stage

This is a strangely set up competition, it kicks off around the end of January with a group stage that replaced the league cup in 2017, the 2016 competition was a standard knock out competition.  Each group seems to have 2 top tier teams and the rest and 2nd tier and low division.  We ended up in 3rd place 2 points behind IFK Mariehamn with only the top 2 going through.

Key Player

Kimmo Seppala - He had a fairly average season but stood out a bit from the rest of our players performances.

2029 PS Kemi Kings - Finland - Ykkönen

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

Ykkönen - Champions

We didn't get off to the greatest of starts but we really came to form around the middle of the season and we climbed into 1st place and we stayed there for the rest of the season as we began to run away with the league.  After securing the league and promotion it was announced that the board were searching for suitable sites and possible investors for a new stadium which is good due to our ground only only 1,200 and we were close to that in every home game.  Also the Lappi Derby against RoPS from Rovaniemi will return next season.

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

Suomen Cup - Second Round

We were drawn with HJK and Honka from the top division and I fancied our chances to pip Honka to 2nd place.  We lost against HJK first and then beat the 3 lower teams and I was surprised to see Honka had only won 1 game and were out of the running for second place.  They beat us 2-1 in the last match but it didn't matter as we had pretty much secured our place in the next round and drawn against FC Lathi from our own league and I was disappointed to lose 3-2 to them.

Key Player

Antti Ulmanen - I wasn't expecting much from him this season but he caught the eye with 14 goals in 12 friendlies and he carried it on into the league with 27 goals in 27 games.

Progress.thumb.png.25f8a27606ab4c26fde0882ea0115916.png

On 9/11/2017 at 23:05, Nobby_McDonald said:

Kemi Kings is a good name.

Time to test yourself in a tougher league?

Many countries to get through before getting to a tough league!

2030 PS Kemi Kings - Finland - Veikkausliiga

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

Veikkausliiga - 9th

The board announced that a new 3,600 capacity stadium was to be built and named after one of Kemis heros, apparantly, Hannu Tihinen.  We started our first season back in the top flight brilliantly and we were top of the league after 1 match!  But we then sunk like a stone and crashed into a relegation battle.  The middle of the season was good and I was confident we would stay up but then we lost the last 6 matches in a row but thankfully the other teams below us didn't take the advantage and climb over us.

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

Suomen Cup - Group Stage

I guess it worked out well to be knocked out of this so early in the season and focus on staying up.

Key Player

Mikko Nurminen - Says a lot about the kind of season we had that a defender was our best performer.

Progress.thumb.png.b92a6a1678804a9f0d26a4ebc886302a.png

2031 PS Kemi Kings - Finland - Veikkausliiga

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

Veikkausliiga - 8th

Really bad news as one of our star players Arttu Nyberg refused to sign a new contract and left the club on a free.  I offered him a new contract a week later and he accepted, bit of a strange one.  When we started playing football our form was very up and down but we never dragged ourselves into a relegation battle.  Next season we will be playing in our brand new stadium and hopefully we will be challenging for a European place since we did only finish 6 points behind 3rd place.

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

Suomen Cup - Quarter Final

We finished top of the group ahead of HJK and got a handy enough draw against VPS in the quarter final but we somehow lost!

Key Player

Mikko Nurminen - Our forwards still are not setting the world on fire so again we have a defender as the stand out player.

Progress.thumb.png.5fa4e54d777cc40a4b7360627da6a732.png

2032 PS Kemi Kings - Finland - Veikkausliiga

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

Veikkausliiga - 2nd

We had a good start to the season finding ourselves battling up around the top of the league.  We then suffered a bit of a wobble and fell down the table and looked like we were going to end up midtable before we were on a brilliant run for the last 9 games of the season which shot us up to 2nd place and finishing 7 points above KuPS in 3rd place and we qualified for the Europa League. 

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

Suomen Cup - Runner Up

We absolutely coasted our way into the final and we were up against our rivals from Lapland, RoPS.  I really fancied our chances against them but then when the match day came we were missing half our team due to international call ups!  With our severely weakened team we were unable to overcome RoPS.

Key Player

Roy Scully - Despite a season were he had a lot of injuries he managed to score more goals than games he played, hopefully he stays injury free next season.

Progress.thumb.png.547c308ad4eda39b200ae543931551e5.png

2033 PS Kemi Kings - Finland - Veikkausliiga

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

Veikkausliiga - 4th

We didn't have a great season, we performed just about above average but we did almost manage to sneak into the top 3 but 4 losses in the final 6 games gave us no hope. After a 1-0 win against HJK we really should of kicked on and climbed higher in the table but we were dreadful after that match, the worst being a 3-2 loss to relegation threatened Honka.  It was a shame we didn't manage to do aswell as we done last season.

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

Suomen Cup - Winners

A little slip up against SJK in the group stage but other than that we walked into the final the same as last year and of course we were missing most the first team due to international call ups in the final but thankfully the team we sent out was strong enough to beat off IFK Mariehamn.

Continental Cups

UEFA Europa League - Third Qualifying Round

My first venture into Europe in 5 seasons!  We struggled against Metalurg Skopje in the first match but we beat them 4-2 in the second leg.  Sioni from Georgia were our next opponents and they didn't give us much of a battle.  Next up was a trip to Madeira in the Atlantic Ocean to face Nacional da Madeira.  I knew this would be a tough tie and we didn't manage to get an away goal in the first leg which gave us a tough battle in the home leg but Madeira were too strong for us and we never looked like winning.

Key Player

Arttu Nyberg - Very hard to pick a top performer here but I decided to go for him since he is a youth product.

Untitled.thumb.png.baa15834cac5d8d514fc478f5ce9fd3d.png

2034 PS Kemi Kings - Finland - Veikkausliiga

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

Veikkausliiga - Champions

Yessssssss, the title is heading to Lapland!  For the first time ever as far as I can tell.  There was absolutely no one stopping us this season as we comfortably wrapped up the title.  10 wins on the bounce pushed us way ahead so we were able to afford to lose or draw a few in the last bit of the season.  

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

Suomen Cup - Quarter Final

We smashed every team in the group stage but we just did not carry it into the quarter final against SJK where we lost 1-0.

Continental Cups

UEFA Europa League - Second Qualifying Round

Since I was convinced we were going to win the title it was good to be drawn against Hungarian opponents since Hungary is my next stop.  I didn't really know what to expect and the first tie was a tough match and we ended up giving an away goal.  We managed to get an away goal ourselves in the second leg but unfortunately it came after Debrecen got a goal of their own, we gave ourselves 40 minutes to find a goal but it just didn't happen.

Key Player

Roy Scully - He managed to stay injury free this season, cant not give it to a striker who scores 29 and assists 10.

Untitled.thumb.png.acb2cf7a6453e57de91d185a928a7c4a.png

The Future

Now I have won the league and the cup in Finland after 7 long long seasons its finally time to move on to the next country on UEFAs League Coefficient which is surprisingly Hungary.  I have never managed in Hungary before and its quite a big footballing country with a lot of history, I'd hope to see Honved or Puskás Akadémia become available but if I want to get through every available country on the list in a reasonable time then maybe I should take over one of the bigger teams like Debrecen, Videoton or Ferencvárosi.  I'm still not sure.  Since the Finnish league is a summer league and the Hungarian is a winter league then I'm sure I will have plenty of choice of teams over the final 6 months of the Hungarian league.

2034/35 - Budapest Honvéd FC- Hungary - OTP Bank Liga

Budapest_Honved_FC_logo.png.7bb340fa62845eef60fbc61f6ceda428.png

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

OTP Bank Liga - 11th

When I seen Honvéd come up I jumped at the chance to become the manager and it was only when I joined that I noticed why they were looking for a new manager since they were bottom of the league and 8 points from safety with just 1 win all season.  Good wins over Debrecen, MTK and Nyíregyháza in my first 4 games had me full of hope I could keep Honvéd up but no wins in the next 8 games took away that hope.  We beat MTK in the 2nd last match of the season which meant it all came down to the final day to see who would be relegated between us and Mezőkövesdi, we played 2nd place Diósgyor while Mezőkövesdi took on 3rd place ZTE.  We got a brilliant win against Diósgyor but luck was not on our side as Mezőkövesdi secured a 2-2 draw and we were relegated on matches won with Mezőkövesdi having 1 more win.  A heartbreaking relegation.

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

Magyar Cupa - Quarter Final

I wasn't surprised to see Honvéd knocked out of this cup already when I joined.

Key Player

Ian Schlingermann - I signed him and he only played 11 games but he was a lot better than the rest of chancers.

Untitled.thumb.png.ffc3a7d4de98db5bea09ba4710a1b9ef.png

5 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Really enjoying this save :) You staying with Honved in the 2nd tier?

Thanks!  Yeah I may aswell but I'd have no problem jumping ship to one of the bigger teams :lol:

2035/36 - Budapest Honvéd FC- Hungary - Merkantil Bank NB II

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

Merkantil Bank NB II - 2nd

After last seasons relegation I was expecting us to bounce back straight away but we had a new board take over in July who ended up selling most of our better players over my head which was extremely annoying.  When they sold Roman Kaiser, the best player ever to come from Lichtenstein, to Ferencváros and Sheridan Stoute to Gyirmót I felt like resigning as Honvéd would be moving no where fast with this board but I decided since the transfer window was closed I may as well hold on until the end of the season at least.  On the pitch it was better however we managed a lot of draws due to out inability to close out matches.  We ended up finishing in 2nd place which was good enough for promotion, we probably would of won the league if the board didn't sell the players but thankfully there was some welcome news in May that we got another new board who took over the club for the huge fee of €0!  It almost sounds like the club was in serious financial difficulty but it wasn't!

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

Magyar Cupa - Quarter Final

We didn't come up against a good challenge until the quarter final against Pécs, we got an away goal in the first leg and were winning 2-0 in the second leg and looked like we were heading to the semi final but Pécs grabbed a goal in the 84th minute to win the tie 4-3.

Key Player

Sanel Jahic - It was very close between him and the winger on the other side Csaba Székely, the 2 of them had brilliant seasons.

Untitled.thumb.png.a9bfbf4347011998914c7909c4048ae6.png

2036/37 - Budapest Honvéd FC- Hungary - OTP Bank Liga

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

OTP Bank Liga - 12th

We were awful to put it nicely.  We managed to get good wins against Újpest and Ferencváros but other than that it was a disaster.  After losing agaisnt Mezőkövesdi I was called in by the board but managed to persuade them to give me more time.  When the season entered into the long winter break we were rock bottom and 6 points from safety.  

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1

Domestic Cups

Magyar Cupa - Third Round

I was happy that we knocked out Pécs who knocked us out the year before but we then were up against Debrecen and they predictability knocked us out.

Key Player

Paul Connolly - Despite most the team playing rubbish he was the only shinning light of the season.

2036/37 - Ferencvárosi Torna Club - Hungary - OTP Bank Liga

59c63e5bcba02_Ferencvrosi_TC_(football)_logo.png.31ff5f5abf124c9d05e64fb6bd8bcdc4.png

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

OTP Bank Liga - 5th

At the start of the winter break with Honvéd sitting bottom and 6 points from safety I seen that underachieving Ferencváros had sacked their manager and I applied and thankfully I got it so I made my way 7km down the road.  I took over when they were in 7th position and 12 points behind a European spot.  In my first 10 games we lost 1, drew 2 and won 7 which brought us right up chasing 3rd place but a frustrating draw against 3rd place Debrecen put them too far ahead.  We didn't win the last 3 matches of the season and fell to 5th place which turned out we missed out on a European spot by 1 point due to Debrecen winning the cup.  

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

Magyar Cupa - Fourth Round

It was a very tense first leg against Gyirmót and the second leg was even more tense and we scored in the 84th minute which I was sure would put us through but they got a goal only 1 minute later.  There were no more goals in extra time and it went to penalties were we lost out.

Key Player

David Okonkwo - Despite being 32 he was very good which surprised me!  

Progress.thumb.png.6dba74fd253678821c225fcb57cb3877.png

Edited by PocketMouse

2037/38 - Ferencvárosi Torna Club - Hungary - OTP Bank Liga

59c63e5bcba02_Ferencvrosi_TC_(football)_logo.png.31ff5f5abf124c9d05e64fb6bd8bcdc4.png

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

OTP Bank Liga - 2nd

Despite losing the first game we went on a great run after that and found ourselves top of the league but after that we fell down and up the table.  Going into the final third of the season we went unbeaten and even looked like we might win the league but a draw against our dodgy team Szolnok meant Diogyor were 2 points ahead of ourselves, Debrecen and Videoton going into the final game of the season.  Diosgyor played our dodgy team Szolnok and of course they beat them 2-1.  Even though we didn't win the league it was a brilliant finish, the title could of went to 4 different teams on the final day! 

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

Magyar Cupa - Winners

Siófok gave us a tough match early in the competition but after that we found our way to the final quite easy.  The final wasn't so easy and we played out an epic match against Debrecen,  after 26 minutes we were 3-0 up and cruising but a red card on 66 minutes for us changed everything and soon Debrecen had got 2 goals and were throwing everything forward looking for a 3rd but we managed to catch them on the break and make the score 4-2 but 3 minutes later Debrecen got another goal which made for a very nervy finish but we just about got over the line to pick up my first Hungarian cup.

Key Player

Milan Mitrovic - To score 49 and assist 16 is brilliant from a 19 year old, I can imagine a battle in the future to keep him.

Progress.thumb.png.4e1851cbb19e8c256f8b2687096aa328.png

Edited by PocketMouse

2038/39 - Ferencvárosi Torna Club - Hungary - OTP Bank Liga

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

OTP Bank Liga - 2nd

After coming so close last year I was expecting us to kick on and win the title this year and despite losing the first match we won 11 of the next 13 which included a huge 8-1 win against Debrecen and another huge 4-1 win against Diosgyor had us top of the league and seemingly heading for the title but Diosgyor were never too far behind.  In the last 5 fixtures before the winter break everything changed.  We lost to Videoton and drew with Debrecen and then even worse we lost to Diosgyor which let everyone back into the race.  We were left chasing Diosgyor for the rest of the season to try overtake them but we were hoping and hoping that they would slip up but they didn't and despite us hammering them 6-1 with 3 games left we then lost 1-0 in the next match.  In the end they were always going to win the league, if we had of matched their points they would of won on matches won!  A small silver lining was that since Hungary moved up in UEFA coefficient we managed to qualify for the Champions League!

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

Magyar Cupa - First Round

This was the worst performance a team of mine has put in probably ever!  Non league Velence held us off for most the match and then managed to get themselves a late penalty which they scored and knocked us out!  Unbelievable!  And we had a pretty much full strength team out!

Szuperkupa - Winners

I think this is only the second time I have played in the season opener!  Despite us giving up a 1-0 lead we managed to come back from 2-1 down and win 3-2 which proved a good start to the season.

Continental Cups

UEFA Europa League - Group Stage (3rd) 

We faced tough opponents from Poland and Portugal in the qualifiers and we managed to come through them and get into the group stage.  We were drawen against Fiorentina, Rangers and Braga.  A very tough group but we fought well and after a 3-2 win agaisnt Fiorentina at home and a draw against Rangers away it really looked possible that we would qualify but a frustrating draw against Braga sent Rangers and Fiorentina trough.

Key Player

Milan Mitrovic - He had another brilliant seaon scoring 55 goals in 45 appearances overall which included 42 league goals in 33 matches which led to him picking up the adidas European Golden Shoe ahead of 2 players from Barcelona.  His contract was set to expire at the end of the season and he refused to sign a new one but I had put a 3 year optional extension in his contract with I of course activated!

progress.thumb.png.66bdfc7d9305f0bada6db41688e1bf24.png

2039/40 - Ferencvárosi Torna Club - Hungary - OTP Bank Liga

Squad

Transfers

Domestic League

OTP Bank Liga - Champions

We finally got over the line but I didn't really have the belief that we would win it this season, we drew a lot of matches and at one stage we were 4th 8 points behind Diosgyor at the top.  After the winter break we went on an unbeaten run winning 11 and drawing 3 and after a 3-0 win against MTK we moved into 1st place.  All we had to do was win the next match against Újpest and we managed to win 6-2 but it didn't all go our way, we were losing 1-0 and 2-1!  In the end we won the league by a point and we even hammered Szolnok which was good in my final league match.

Positions Graph

Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

Magyar Cupa - Semi Final

I was given a return to Honvéd early to knock them out!  We hammered knocked out Videoton and then struggled against ZTE in the Quarter Final but we done just enough.  We drew 0-0 with Disogyor in the Semi Final and by the time the 2nd leg at home came around we had won the league which was nice but they had the last laugh as Jesse Faherty scored an own goal to give them the win on away goals!

Continental Cups

UEFA Champions League - Playoff

My first venture into the Champions League in 13 years!  Anderlecht managed to get 3 away goals in the first leg which was worrying but in the second leg we wiped them away and we were 3-0 up after an hour!  They got 1 back but never looked like getting any more.  In the Playoff we were drawn against English side Manchester City who managed to win the champions league in 2033 but they haven't been successful at all winning only 1 UEFA Europa League (2032), 1 FIFA Club World Cup (2033), 1 UEFA Super Cup (2033) and 2 FA Cups (2036 & 2038)!  We played the first leg in the Etihad Stadium and we were hammered 7-0, I knew we would lose but didn't think it would be 7-0.  The second leg was quite boring with City winning 2-0 and us not even threatening them.

UEFA Europa League - First Knockout Round

Since we were knocked out in the Playoff of the Champions League we went straight into the Group Stage of the Europa League.  We were drawn with Athletic Bilbao, Basel and Dinamo Zagreb.  I felt quietly confident we could finish above Basel and Dinamo and we did by 2 points to get into the First Knockout Round.  There we came up against AC Milan who have also not been very impressive and only winning 1 Serie A title in 2020!  The home leg was a brilliant battle, we managed to go 2-1 up after 24 minutes but it didn't last very long and soon found ourselves behind but the next 2 times we trailed we came back and when AC Milan went 5-4 up in the 71st minute I felt we could get a draw but we tired quickly and it finished 5-4.  In the second leg we looked very tired again as AC took a handy 2-0 win. 

Key Player

Milan Mitrovic - I really....nearly....almost....didnt at all feel bad for holding him hostage for this season.  He didn't quite reach the heights of last season but still scored for fun!

progress.thumb.png.d47ce757714809968ca6b3acb08e3260.png

The Future

Now that I have won both trophies on offer in Hungary its time to move onto Iceland who are half way through their winter league season so I could have a few months off before joining another club team and I'm unsure about who I'd like to take over.  I suppose I'd like a team out side of Reykjavik, I had hoped for KA who are on the north coast of Iceland but they were relegated from the Icelandic 2nd division a few years ago, maybe they will be back.  I have applied for a few Under 23 international jobs for teams playing in the Olympics but unsure if any of them will take me on.

2040 - Argentina - Under 23's- Olympic Games

Argentina.thumb.png.29bca1ede58335233394ec178339e5b1.png

I was surprised to see after applying for a few Under 23 jobs I was actually offered them all!  I decided to go for Argentina as I felt they would have a better chance of winning it and also its one of my favorite countries!

Squad

Group Stage

Group A - 1st

We faced our toughest rival for top spot Italy in the first match.  The first half was very close but around the hour mark we got 2 goals and added a 3rd in the last minute.  Next up was Nigeria who I thought would be dark horses but they lost their first match against New Zealand and we soundly beat them 5-1.  The last match of the group stage was against New Zealand and we still were not qualified for the next round but New Zealand would of had to of beat us by 7 goals or so to knock us out but as expected we were 3-0 up by half time and got a 4th with 13 minutes left.  

Italy had saw off New Zealand and Nigeria to qualify along side us.  I was very surprised by Nigeria's poor showing with them finishing bottom only scoring 2 goals.

Group B

There wasn't a huge surprise in this group except for maybe I would of had Ukraine down to win it.  

Group C

A very close group!  If Tunisia had of found a winner against China in the last match they would of jumped over Mexico who beat 1st placed Portugal into 2nd which would of been crazy but it wasn't to be for the Eagles of Carthage.

Group D

There was a huge upset with the host nation Canada beating Chile 1-0 in the first match and Turkey drawing with Saudi Arabia!  Turkey pretty much sealed top spot with a win over Canada and going into the last game Turkey beat Chile and Canada beat Saudi Arabia to qualify for the next round!

Knockout Stage

Quarter Final

We were up agaisnt Ukraine who we rather easily knocked out which means we still haven't been seriously tested as of yet!  The highlight of the round was Turkey and Mexico with Turkey getting a 1-0 win thanks to a 3rd minute goal.  Both Italy and Portugal had routine wins over South Korea and Canada.

Semi Final

Our opponents for this were Portugal and we finally got a tough challenge.  It was an incredibility even match with all the stats being even and so the game was dragged to extra time and up stepped Óscar Bonet to rocket a shot into the top corner right on half time in extra time.  Portugal had a man sent off with 3 minutes left which took a lot of pressure off as we held out to reach the final.  In the other semi final Italy dominated Turkey and came out 1-0 winners.

Final

A repeat of the first match of the tournament where we were comfortable winners.  I didn't expect this match to go the same way with Italy out for revenge against us but by half time we were 3-0 up thanks to a Jonás Reinoso hat trick.  There was perhaps a little too much celebrating in the dressing room and Italy came out up for the second half and eventually got the match to a 3-3 draw in the 86th minute!  A wonderful counter attack in the 94th minute sent Jonás Reinoso down the left wing to cross into the box for Claudio Córdoba to slot home and win the Olympics!

Awards

Best Player - Jonás Reinoso (Argentina)

I suppose if you are going to score a hat trick in the final and assist the winning goal you have to win this!

Golden Boot - Jonás Reinoso (Argentina)

See above.  Brilliant tournament from the player PSG bought for €47.5 million.

Best Goalkeeper - Diogo Alves (Portugal)

Not surprised to see this go to the only team that we only scored once against.

Dream Team

59c661d04cd1f_OlympicGames_AwardsAwardWinners.thumb.png.15f128d3330f192e3063d9e1b2f8ea5a.png

The Future

This was my first time managing in the Olympics and it feels great to win it!  However I will be stepping down now and looking to Iceland for a job again.