Board "considering" a new stadium.... for six years?

Playing FM 2017 as my local team Tranmere Rovers. I have taken them to championship 2 seasons ago and i think i will be off to the prem this year.... fingers crosses.

In my first year the board sent me a message, without prompt from myself, about them considering a new stadium due to the high maintenance costs of my current stadium (rebuilt in 1987 according to the game). Since then i haven't heard a dickie!

The board have not mentioned anything else and there is no option to address this at board level, stadium option is simply not there. 

Has anyone had this experience before? Does anyone know will it work out? Is there any way i can check, maybe using an editor to see what is going on or if the board are moving forward?

Thanks in advance

21 minutes ago, chambers167 said:

In my first year the board sent me a message, without prompt from myself, about them considering a new stadium due to the high maintenance costs of my current stadium (rebuilt in 1987 according to the game). Since then i haven't heard a dickie!

Do you have a "build new stadium" under the board requests status area with started and completion dates? There must be something there with the status of "planning". It turns to "in progress" when building starts.

Planning is usually 2-3 years but they may get permisson to build after 1 year and construction is usually 2 years.

Saving the game after the last season of the match and reloading may also change the decision. Sometimes construction begins, sometimes not. It changes everytime you reload.

Edited by ermant

It might be worth posting in the bugs forum and uploading your save just in case - SI should hopefully be able to see what if anything is going on. But it's possibly it really is just taking a very long time, and it certainly wouldn't be unrealistic for it to. Tottenham, for instance, started on plans to move stadium pretty much as soon as ENIC with Daniel Levy took over the club in 2001, with the stadium now hopefully opening in 2018 - a 17-season long process.

38 minutes ago, chambers167 said:

No, as stated in my original post there are no options anywhere to build a new stadium, the option has been completely removed.

I didn't mean "can you request a new stadium". There is a list above showing status of board requests, starting and completion dates. Facilities, expansions, affiliate negotiations are all there. Is "build a new stadium" in the list?

Anyway, it may be a bug as stated above.

need an SI Dev to confirm what is happening but I assume the factors under consideration have yet to be met. Perhaps these are funds, average attendance income, high maintenance costs of current no longer considered high?

1 hour ago, chambers167 said:

Playing FM 2017 as my local team Tranmere Rovers. I have taken them to championship 2 seasons ago and i think i will be off to the prem this year.... fingers crosses.

The board have not mentioned anything else and there is no option to address this at board level, stadium option is simply not there. 

Has anyone had this experience before? Does anyone know will it work out? Is there any way i can check, maybe using an editor to see what is going on or if the board are moving forward?

Thanks in advance

Yes with Tranmere and I hadn't even left the Conference. I believe they would have built a smaller one more in keeping with average attendances

Could your increased attendance mean they can now cover the maintenance cost? And the stadiums no longer to big.

Ps

I didn't see this save through long enough to see what happened 

I suspect it's a limitation of available text strings & 6 year is not terrible, Everton have been looking to move from Goodison for the best part of two decades & Colchester United spent a similar amount of time to move from Layer Road.

I do not think its fitting to use real world analogies. Everton might have been looking for a new stadium for 50 years but irl, the manager can pick up the phone and find out what is going on. and 6 years is terrible, how long does it take you to complete 6 seasons? If its a bug i would not continue with this save and would make a new one, but since i cant pick up the phone and find out analogies do not really work. 

I see a lot of bugs or mistakes being explained away as "well it happens in real life" and it seems a poor excuse from a fan base willing to accept that some part of the game (very very few from my experience) are broken.

Is the stadium really that much of an issue? To me it's a part of the game that I don't bother with after all what has Stadium construction got to do with a Manager? My job in FM is the playing side. I leave all the boardroom stuff to those whose job it is.  I may occasionally request training facility improvements but that's about me getting a better squad. Perhaps one or two managers IRL  probably had any influence on a New Stadium and been there long enough to see it through. SAF and Arsene Wenger.

Edited by Chinook2000

45 minutes ago, Chinook2000 said:

I do not think its fitting to use real world analogies. Everton might have been looking for a new stadium for 50 years but irl, the manager can pick up the phone and find out what is going on. and 6 years is terrible, how long does it take you to complete 6 seasons? If its a bug i would not continue with this save and would make a new one, but since i cant pick up the phone and find out analogies do not really work. 

I see a lot of bugs or mistakes being explained away as "well it happens in real life" and it seems a poor excuse from a fan base willing to accept that some part of the game (very very few from my experience) are broken.

I tried to help beginning from the basic steps of defining the problem but it has no use. You are right, this has nothing to do with "in real life" thing. Board approved the new stadium and you must at least have a feedback even it is no success.

I think the best thing you can do is opening your own thread in the bugs forum. You are an experienced user, you may upload your save and get one-on-one help there.

11 hours ago, ermant said:

I tried to help beginning from the basic steps of defining the problem but it has no use. You are right, this has nothing to do with "in real life" thing. Board approved the new stadium and you must at least have a feedback even it is no success.

I think the best thing you can do is opening your own thread in the bugs forum. You are an experienced user, you may upload your save and get one-on-one help there.

I never said that look at the thread? You've quoted someone else there but my names on it:eek:

Edited by Chinook2000

I maybe have a similar issue, on my game I got a message 2-3 seasons ago when I asked the board for new stadium saying they would do some sort of feasibility study etc. not heard anything since and the option for build new stadium not there anymore

• 2 years later...

Did this ever get fixed? I have the same problem on a long save I'm doing until fm21 comes out. I've been waiting for 8 years I've had the message twice to say they are looking for sites. Would be amazing to get it fixed