[fm17] "the thing" (Release)

This is a work I made for myself. I gave it a nickname: "the thing". I am in the first career and I have fun with it, so i decided to share.

My aim, when I made these files, was to be able to play in any part of the World, 226 nations, but with a number of league not too big in order to have a game enough fast. And I wanted too any nation can potentially move towards the top of the football world.
-This is a total revolution of competitions at all the levels: leagues, continental competitions and national teams.
-Talented players can be now generated from any nation in the World.
-Any team in the World can climb the pyramid of the world football and develop finances, structures, and generate better players.
-Consequently, the balance between the nations in the World can change in a more dinamical manner.
-North, central America and caribbean are unified with South America (Panamerican competition system).
-Oceania is unified with Asia (Asia-pacific competition system).
-Basically I will not provide support (I'm working for other projects now). Simply read the instrutions and everything will work well, I tested it enough and I played myself without any problem. The first and more important thing is: you must not use other files in editor data.
-I use a no fake from Sourtitoutsi.net and I have not any problem.
-Basically there will be not any addictional improvement, but reports about flaws are welcome.

Details of the new competitions are explained below.

Level 1: Leagues

Only four nations are available when you start to load a new game: France (European league system), Brazil (Panamerican league system), Ivory Coast (African League system), South Korea (Asia-Pacific league system). All the other nations are disabled. For each one of the 226 countries in the world, 4 teams with the best reputation are moved in the corresponding continental league system (904 clubs in total). Each system is structured in 5 levels. There are subdivisions for levels from 3 to 5. There are promotions and relegations between the different levels. The teams considered for each nation, can contain teams previously playing in foreign leagues (i.e. Vaduz for Liechtenstein, canadian teams playing the MLS for Canada, welsh teams in english divisions...). All leagues and competitions no more used are set 'extint' in the DB. All club excluded from the continental league systems are set with the low possible reputation (1) and the low possible structures (1), and their finances are reset to 0. They will be irrelevant in the game and no more will generate players (previously I tried to set them 'extint' but this cause a crash loading a new game).

Detailed league structure:

France: European Superleague and lower divisions (5 levels)
- Structure: Superleague, first division , second division (2 sub-divisions), third division (4 sub-divisions), fourth division (8 sub-divisions);
-all the divisions (and sub-divisions) contain 18 teams each one, except the fourth division, depending on the total number of teams in the continent; There are promotions and relegations between the divisions (without play-offs);
-All the european nations are represented with 4 teams for each one;
-The teams moved in the european continental league system will continue to generate players from their original nation;
-European players can transfer freely ; there is a limit for extra-continental players: max. 5 in Superleague, first and second division, max.3 in third division, max. 1 in fourth division;
-The allocation of money prizes is based on results , and they are weightet to permit the development of smallest nations IF their clubs will achieve good results; In each divisions they are prizes for win, draw and defeat. The money stated for a defeat is a guaranteed minimum which help clubs to cover the expense;
-The "youth rating" value is modified and now equal for all the nations. Any club from any country can generates now valid players IF finances will be improved and consequently structures and staff will be developed;
-For these reasons the balance between the various nations in the world will change in a more dynamic manner;

Brazil: Panamerican Superleague and lower divisions (5 levels)
- Structure: Superleague, first division , second division (2 sub-divisions), third division (4 sub-divisions), fourth division (4 sub-divisions);
-all the divisions and sub-divisions contain 18 teams each one, except the fourth division, depending on the total number of teams in the continent; There are promotions and relegations between the divisions (without play-offs);
-All the nations of South America, North America, central America and caribbean are represented with 4 teams for each one;
-The teams moved in the panamerican continental league system will continue to generate players from their original nation;
-players from the american continent can transfer freely ; There is a limit for extra-continental players: max. 5 in Superleague, first and second division, max.3 in third division, max. 1 in fourth division;
-Regarding the prizes money and the youth rating value, the same considerations of the european league system are valid;

Ivory Coast: African Superleague and lower divisions (5 levels)
- Structure: Superleague, first division , second division (2 sub-divisions), third division (4 sub-divisions), fourth division (8 sub-divisions);
-all the divisions and sub-divisions contain 18 teams each one, except the fourth division, depending on the total number of teams in the continent; There are promotions and relegations between the divisions (without play-offs);
-All the african nations are represented with 4 teams for each one;
-The teams moved in the african continental league system will continue to generate players from their original nation;
-players from the african continent can transfer freely ; There is a limit for extra-continental players: max. 5 in Superleague, first and second division, max.3 in third division, max. 1 in fourth division;
-Regarding the prizes money and the youth rating value, the same considerations of the european league system are valid;

Iran: Asia-pacific Superleague and lower divisions (5 levels)
-All the nations of Asia and Oceania are represented with 4 teams for each one;
-The teams moved in the Asia-pacific continental league system will continue to generate players from their original nation;
-players from Asia and Oceania can transfer freely ; There is a limit for extra-continental players: max. 5 in Superleague, first and second division, max.3 in third division, max. 1 in fourth division;

Each club has reserve and youth team.
I used the "randomise kits" function in the editor when a team did not have kits colours setted in the official DB 7.0.3. (for the most part african teams or some team from small nations), so all the teams have colours now.
Transfer values are leveled to the european standards in all the continents.

Level 2: Club Continental competitions

-All the existing continental cups and the traditional Champions League in each continent are disabled permanently;
-In Europe, South America, Africa and Asia there is a new structure: level 1: Champions League, level 2: Confederation Cup, level 3: Challenge Cup;
-In the main menu North America and Oceania will remain without continental cups, since they are both unified to other continents;

Champions League
-It involves the best 72 teams of the continent: the teams from Superleague, first and second division;
-after two preliminary rounds, there is a group phase with 32 teams (8 groups with 4 teams each one) like the real european Champions League, followed by cup stage until the final (on neutral venue).
-In the team registered for the competition, there are no limits for continental players; There is instead a limit of 5 extra-continental players;

Confederation Cup
-It involves all the teams from the third division (72 teams);
-the whole competition has only direct elimination phases, no group stages;
-In the team registered for the competition, there are no limits for continental players; There is instead a limit of 3 extra-continental players;

Challenge Cup
-Competition reserved to the smallest teams, it involves all the teams of the fourth division (the number is different for each continent);
-the whole competition has only direct elimination phases, no group stages;
-In the team registered for the competition, there are no limits for continental players; There is instead a limit of max. 1 extra-continental player;

Club World Championship
-In december, is a challenge between the winners of each Champions League;
-In the team registered for the competition, there are no limits for continental players; There is instead a limit of 5 extra-continental players;

Confederation Cup World Final
-In december, is a challenge between the winners of the Confederation Cup of each continent;
-In the team registered for the competition, there are no limits for continental players; There is instead a limit of 3 extra-continental players;

Challenge Cup World Final
-This is the world championshp for smallest teams, reserved to the Challenge Cup's winners;
-In the team registered for the competition, there are no limits for continental players; There is instead a limit of max. 1 extra-continental player;

Prize money in all competitions based on the round achieved.

The first edition of the club World Championship, Confederation Cup World Final and Challenge Cup World Final will is in december 2017, when the first winners of the cups in europe and american continent will be known.

Level 3: National Teams

A great number of national teams is available for managers at the beginning of the game. Others teams will be available in the following years when the clubs generate enough players in the annual youth intake;

Structure: all the existing competitions for senior national teams are disabled permanently; the competitions for the youth national teams are mantained;
The new structure is: European Cup of Nations, Panamerican Cup of Nations, African Cup of Nations, Asia-pacific Cup of Nations, World Cup;
All non-Fifa nations are now part of the Fifa and included in continental qualification, and they can now contend points for the Fifa world ranking;
Friendly match still exist but the number of fixtures available are now much less;

continental level
-Each cycle has a triennal time frame (Initially I wanted it biennal but I have not enough dates);
-qualification tournament: all the nations in the continental zone are drawn in 4  big groups; each group is a nations league, each team meet the opponents in home and away matches, the duration of the league is about two years;
-The fixture dates are maintained in the windows normally used in real life for the national teams (september, october, november, march, june);
-whit this format smallest nations too can play a fair number of competitive match, without dead times, and they have the chance to improve thier world ranking IF they achieve good results;
-European qualifiers: 55 nations, 3 groups with 14 teams and one with 13 teams;
-Panamerican qualifiers: 52 nations, 4 groups with 13 teams;
-African qualifiers: 57 nations, 3 groups with 14 teams and one with 15;
-Asia-pacific qualifiers: 62 nations, 2 groups with 16 teams and 2 with 15 teams;
-Continental finals: the 4 winners of the league stage are qualified for the continental finals (in neutral venue); semifinals, third place play-off and final; The competition is scheduled in march at the end of the triennal cycle;

world level
-the world cup is the final four tournament beetwen the winners of the continental finals, scheduled in june every three years; It is set as a group stage on neutral venue, each team meets all the others, playing a total number of three match;

-the continental factor for the calculation of Fifa ranking points is modified as follows: Europe 1,00; South America and North America 0,95; Africa 0,84; Asia and Oceania 0,82. I calculated these values basing on reputation of the best five nations of each continent;

Download (version v3)

file list:

1-European Superleague.fmf
2-Asia-pacific Superleague.fmf
3-Panamerican Superleague.fmf
4-African Superleague.fmf
5-European Cups.fmf
6-Asia-pacific Cups.fmf
7-Panamerican Cups.fmf
8-African Cups.fmf
9-Intercontinental.fmf
10-Deleted_Continental_Comp.fmf
11-Extint_domestic_comp.fmf
12-Nations-youth rating.fmf
13-Asia-pacific Cup of Nations.fmf
14-European Cup of Nations.fmf
15-Panamerican Cup of Nations.fmf
16-African Cup of Nations.fmf
17-Deleted_National_Team_comps.fmf
18-World Cup.fmf
19-Japanese_players_PA.fmf
20-Extint_clubs.fmf
21-Moved_reserve_teams.fmf

Instructions:

unrar the files and put them in the folder C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\editor data. The folder must not contain other files.
When you load a new game you will have only four nations available. This is not a bug. For a complete experience I suggest to load togheter France, Brazil, Ivory Coast and Iran. Selecting only a small database  you will have about 30000 players from every nation in the World, if you choose all the divisions.

This mod is optimized for the patch 17.3.0

Known Issues:

When you look at the group stage in each club continental cup, sometimes the flag of the primary nationality (France, Brazil, Ivory Coast or Iran) is shown instead of the correct base nation of the club. If you click on continue, the display generally fix but later you can have again the same issue in the same game. This is a bug of the game (I had the same problem with fm15), and there is nothing I can do for it. Fortunately this visualization problem does not have practical effects on the game and it appears only in the group stage but not in direct elimination phases.

3 hours ago, t27 said:

Amazing work but my question is why Chelsea and man city have all regens at the start of the game

Thanks for the advice :thup:. Seems a problem that occur in european league but not in the others  continents. I added some modification recently and maybe there is something that causes conflicts. I need to investigate it.

8 hours ago, nom245 said:

Thanks for the advice :thup:. Seems a problem that occur in european league but not in the others  continents. I added some modification recently and maybe there is something that causes conflicts. I need to investigate it.

I putted the wrong files in the rar, it was an intermediate version where I realeased all the existing players in europe.. now this is fixed.

I updated the link with right files of the beta 4 version.

I recommend to erase completely old files and to download again the whole pack. Thanks again for the feedback :thup:

I really like this mod, have been streaming a game in it on Twitch today. Pretty well made and enjoyable! :D

EDIT: Found a bug, Asian teams can't sign non-Korean goalkeepers, but I;m unsure if that means all of Asia-Pacific or just South Korea if it's even the intention....

1 minute ago, nom245 said:

:thup: Where you started your career? :D

La Fiorita (Euro Div 4 F), I love LLM style management. :p

Have you seen my edit though? Just wanna make sure I can continue, haha.

2 hours ago, sevestra said:

I really like this mod, have been streaming a game in it on Twitch today. Pretty well made and enjoyable! :D

EDIT: Found a bug, Asian teams can't sign non-Korean goalkeepers, but I;m unsure if that means all of Asia-Pacific or just South Korea if it's even the intention....

Mmmh.... I didn't realize before about it. thanks a lot for the feedback, I will ivestigate:thup:

I didn't know the rule but in South Korea is not possible to sign foreign goalkeepers. Seems that is hardcoded in game, so not possible to remove the rule with the editor. At the moment, you can sign goalkeepers from all asian or oceanic nations (because they are not considered foreigners) but not from other continents. I will work to move the Asia-pacific league structure in another nation (maybe Iran is the better solution since Japan has some hardcoded aspect too). Initially I wanted to use the better reputated nations for each continent, but I had already a problem with Germany (don't know why but all regens had germany as second nationality) so I moved the european structure ti France. Now I will do the same whith the Asia-pacific structure, I will update as soon as possible.

Thanks again for the feedback

7 hours ago, sevestra said:

Issue fixed. Asia-pacific league system is now based in Iran.

Updated link in the first post with version beta 5.

Updated link for the donwload: version v2

-fixed a minor issue with the youth and reserve leagues in the Asia-Pacific system where the reserve teams of the iranian clubs (not included in Asia-Pacific system) were included in the groups.

• 4 weeks later...

Updated with version v3 (the link is in the fourth post of this thread).

-I noticed that sometimes there was, in the preliminary rounds of the european and panamerican continetal cups, an overlap with the call for the national team for friendlies (end of august) and nations league (beginning of september). I setted well the dates, but sometimes in the preliminary round there are match postponed because two teams playing in the same stadium have to play the home match in the same round. This caused a slipping of the following dates.

Now I anticipated the dates of the preliminary rounds in the first two weeks in august, so there is enough space to complete both the rounds before the players will be called to play with national teams.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Nom.

Question, I want to create my international club competition with the in game club continental competitions disabled. Can i use the fmf file: 10-Deleted_Continental_Comp.fmf to disable those competitions and on another file create my own international club competition? The same question for nations.

I also have question about multiple files. My question is, how do i handle multiple files? Any rules I must obey? My edits until now remain on single fmf file.

3 hours ago, grade said:

Question, I want to create my international club competition with the in game club continental competitions disabled. Can i use the fmf file: 10-Deleted_Continental_Comp.fmf to disable those competitions and on another file create my own international club competition? The same question for nations.

I do not recommend to use my file, because it contains settings for other elements (not only continental competitions) and it should not work without the other files in the pack. However, it is not very difficult to obtain the same result with a new file. You have simply to go under "competitions", in the editor, aplly a filter to search the continental competition you want to delete. Then, select the element you want and click on the delete button. Repeat the same thing with all the continental competitions you want to delete, then save your .fmf file. It shoul work. In the same file you can create the continetal rules for your new competitions, or in new file if you want to maintain the first file with only the elimination of the continental competitions (maybe it should be usefull in the future if you want to use it for other projects).

3 hours ago, grade said:

I also have question about multiple files. My question is, how do i handle multiple files? Any rules I must obey? My edits until now remain on single fmf file.

You can create separated .fmf files for each type of changes. I.e. a file for clubs changes, another file for competitions changes, antoher for changes in the nations properties. You can do the same modifications in a single file but sometimes it is usefull to maintain them separated if you want to have the possibility to combine differently the various file (moving a part of them in the editor data folder), or because it is easier come back if you have an error when the files are tested in game, instead recreate the whole thing from scratch.. The most important rule is that each file must not contain changes for the same element (club, Competition, Person..) or you will have a conflict.

11 hours ago, grade said:

Okay. thanks for the help. I will try to erase those competitions.

As for the file I will try to avoid edit the same element in different file.

I forgot an important thing.. if you are deleting the Champions League (in any continent), you must delete the competition Fifa Club World Cup also. Otherwise you will have a crash in the game in December (in the setting date of the Fifa World Club Cup) because the competition can't found the winner of the Champions League you have deleted.

Okay, I will do that. I also avoid using existing leagues and competitions, so i can delete the World club cup. Thanks for the heads up

Wan't there a file that setup those competitions with no stage. I think Dallan use on his file.

Do you recommend that sort of file instead of deleting the competitions? Or deleting is the best option?

For national teams, I deleted the whole system because I though continental competitions are linked with confederation cup, but also with world cup qualification (ofc nations cup is part of the oceania WC qualifiers, and afc too has a part of the continental qualification that is also part of wc qualification). Uefa nations league too is part of the continental qualification for European Championship. In North America, the Gold Cup is linked with the Gold Cup play-offs, the CFU championship for Caribbean nations and the Uncaf cup for the central american nations.

Archived